Irish Mountain
Running Association

Up Leinster

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Joe LalorSep 2 2009, 11:34pmWith a rush of enthusiasm after the Heineken Cup final I nominated the slopes of Mount Leinster as the venue for the third navigational challenge race on the 13th Sept.
I have walked the route twice (got peed on both times) and been quite happy with the course. However it is proving difficulty logistically and so I have decided the change the venue to a Co. Wicklow site. The name, time and date remain the same. The new starting position is T 141953, there is parking there although this is not indicated on the map. The recommended map is the Healy Glenmalure / Glendalough map.
Apologies to anyone who had bought map no. 68 and disappointed Wexford based runners.
Kevin O'RiordanSep 2 2009, 11:49pmHi Joe,

Are there any shops that you know of round Dublin/Wicklow that sell the Healy map or do we need to contact Pat Healy directly?

Thanks,
Kevin.
Joe LalorSep 3 2009, 10:04amHi Kevin, Adventure Shop Liffey Street did have some last year but I may have cleaned them out.
Pat can be contacted at Cut Bush Sport, Curragh 045 441625
If you are still having difficulty see me on Sunday (if you are at NC2)or ring me at number on that races event page.
By the way map is being supplied for NC2
niamh o ceallaighSep 10 2009, 3:00pmHi,

I am meeting Pat Healy on Saturday morning to get a map from him. Let me know if you would like me to get one for you.

niamh dot oceallaigh at arup.com

Niamh
Richard nunanSep 13 2009, 5:52pmHi Joe/Nora

Just to say thanks for another great day on the Mountains. It has been a great series. I learnt alot :-)
You have taken us over along some extraordinary routes over the 3 Navigational Challenges in all kinds of weather.
Thanks also to Brendan, who has given up his time to man a control.

Looking forward to next year’s already, I would strongly recommend it !!

I look forward to seeing most of you at next weekends mourne mountain marathon.

Mick HanneySep 13 2009, 7:26pmYeah, many thanks Joe, Nora and Brendan. Great great day for it. Tough run in the good conditions. Very long gap in controls from the last one to the finish made for interesting navigation choices. I made a wrong one, but again you live and learn. Was happy to have done the Ballybraid race in recent years to get the benefit of knowledge of some of the trails used en route.
Brían O'MearaSep 18 2009, 10:17amA very enjoyable race, indeed. Thanks to all the organisers.