Irish Mountain
Running Association

Little Sliabh Bui

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Kevin CampbellFeb 7 2009, 3:36pmHello from New Jersey,

I plan to be visiting Ireland in mid March (Kilmallock). In doing so, I would love to participate in the Little Sliabh Bui event. As such, I would greatly appreciate any information in advance on where to register and/or directions to starting line and all.

thanks in advace ...

Kevin Campbell
Cranford, New Jersey
USA
Graham and Jane PorterFeb 9 2009, 9:46amHi Kevin,
You are more than welcome to come and run in the Little Sliabh Bui trail race.This is a small event the main purpose of which is to encourage members of our running club, Slaney Olympic AC to get involved in trail/mountain running.We are also longstanding members of IMRA and though this is not an IMRA run event IMRA are happy to promote it. Registration for the race can be done just before the race and the entry fee is 5 euro. If you are coming from Kilmallock (via Tipperary, Clonmel, Waterford, Enniscorthy, Ferns) it is about a two and a half hour journey. Directions to the start will be signposted from the N11 just north of Ferns. I hope this is of help, Feel free to phone us when you get to this side of the Atlantic,
Graham and Jane
Kevin CampbellFeb 10 2009, 11:34pmGraham and Jane,

I shall call ahead once I arrive in Ireland. I am greatly looking forward to the run. Thank you for the advice and invitation ...

As we say in America .... "have a nice day"

Go raibh maith agat .....

Kevin
Jane PorterMar 5 2009, 8:25pmDirections to the Little Sliabh Bui race are now up on the site. We look forward to seeing you all in the hopefully sunny south east. The location for the prizegiving is not finalised but probably will be in Ferns somewhere.
keith hearyMar 11 2009, 11:22pmhi

can you give directions if travelling from carlow to bunclody, clohamon

thanks

Jane PorterMar 12 2009, 8:04amDirections from Clohamon: Take the Ferns road. At the pub in Tombrack turn left, then a fairly quick right. After about 3 miles turn right at T junction. At next crossroads turn left. The start is about a mile up this road. Alternatively from Clohamon go straight to Ferns, take the N11 towards Dublin. take the L5070 Askamore road as described in the directions and follow the trail race signs - it is not much longer! Good luck -see you Sunday.
keith hearyMar 12 2009, 12:43pmhi

thats great, thanks for the directions
keith hearyMar 15 2009, 9:09pmgreat race today, well marked out and nice challenging course. well done to you both and looking forward to the next one
Rene BorgMar 16 2009, 11:33amI'll second that, absolutely top notch organisation from the excellent marking to the helpful directions.

race report and photos for this event will be up later today or early tomorrow, in the meantime, though, you can view the race results by pasting this internet address into your browser address bar:

http://www.imra.ie/ad-hoc/SliabhBuiResults.pdf
Rene BorgMar 17 2009, 9:22pmRace report for this race is now up, feel free to add more! :)
Rene BorgMar 20 2009, 1:02pmAoife's photos from this event can be viewed here preliminarily: http://picasaweb.google.com/aoifejoy/LittleSliabhBui2009#

I'll confirm upload shortly to the website so the taggers can get in there...
Rene BorgMar 20 2009, 4:17pmPhotos now uploaded to IMRA website, the tagging has already begun!

Please note that the numbers on the photos are specific to the race. You can see what runners which number belongs to on the race results (the pdf).

Some runners won't be in the system as this race was run as a non-IMRA event, so only previously registered IMRA runners will be "taggable".