Irish Mountain
Running Association

First Aid Training

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Jimmy SynnottOct 29 2009, 11:40pmThe Committee are now going to give an independent certificate for the First Aid Course. This will apply only to the first aid course.

They have also agreed to contribute to 50% of the cost, it will be run by The Dublin Wicklow Mountain Rescue, so all people wishing to participate will now receive a first aid certificate on completion.

Note this course will only go ahead if we have sufficient numbers. Cost to participates will €25.

Numbers must be known ASAP.

Please contact Race Director.
Jimmy SynnottOct 30 2009, 12:25amFoot note to last message. There will be no charge for this course.Many many thanks to Dermot and the committee, who have kindly offered to foot full coasts for this course.So please let us no numbers asap.
Jeff FitzsimonsOct 30 2009, 10:11amI'd be interested in doing this. Do I need to do anything through myIMRA or is this enough?

Jeff
Dermot MurphyOct 30 2009, 1:55pmHi Jeff - I think the idea is to sign up as a volunteer on the events page - the safety training day is set up like a race - and volunteering signs you up.
Jimmy SynnottOct 30 2009, 5:21pmAs you can see Jeff .have all ready put you on this page. Doing this with all names that i receive. The first 12 names will be on course (1)Saturday 21st.November.About 5 places left.Names are also been taken for course (2) Saturday 28th.November.10 places left.If we feel, and have the numbers then course (3)January 23rd will go ahead.Remember all first aid courses are costing the committee money,which in turn is the your money, so lets not waste it.If you want to learn a new skill(at no expensive ) sign up now. It will also be a fun day out.Lunch might also be free.
Jeff FitzsimonsOct 30 2009, 8:43pmCheers Jimmy.
Jimmy SynnottNov 3 2009, 1:29pmThis course is now full. Many thanks to all who have put their names forward. Looking forward to seeing you all on the 21st.Due to the poor response it looks like the course down for Saturday the 28th.will now not take place.Sorry but in this current economic climate with out the required numbers its not justifiable to run such a course. Hoping for somewhat better response to January 23rd. Cheers jimmy
Paul MitchellNov 4 2009, 4:39pmHi Jimmy,
If anyone drops out I'll take the place. I would have registered but I've forgotten my password and the MyIMRA reset password facility isn't working for me at present.
Regards, Paul
Jimmy SynnottNov 6 2009, 6:11pmUp to date news on first aid course for November 28th.Following a meeting on wednesday night last(4th.November) it now looks likely, that this course might now take place. We are still short in numbers.Please all those who kindly agreed to do this course , can you sign up for whatever date that suits you.28.November or 23rd of January.About 7 places free on the 28.November
Mick HanneyNov 6 2009, 10:02pmThanks to the committee and to Dermot for organising CPR / Defibrilator training for a group of us last night. Its to be recommended.
Jimmy SynnottNov 10 2009, 8:32amIts now official the first aid course down for saturday 28th.November will now take place. There are about 5 places left. Lets try and fill them.
Jimmy SynnottNov 19 2009, 4:41pmCalling all first aid personal who have put their names down for Saturday 21st.This Saturday ,can you all be present at 8.45am .We aim to kick off about 9am.This is a full days course and we have quite alot of content to get through.
If you have your name down for a first aid course and it does not appear above.Don't panic check Saturday the 28th,also some places still open for Saturday 23rd January cheers jimmy.
Keith LaceyNov 19 2009, 10:43pmI'll be there Jimmy as you know ;)
Chat to you before hand...
Jeff FitzsimonsNov 20 2009, 10:11amAnywhere safe(relative to on street) to lock a bike in or round the course location?
richard NunanNov 21 2009, 7:48pmQuick note to say thanks to IMRA for organising todays First Aid course.
This was an excellent and informative day.
Lots to be learned and it was well delivered
Will be volunteering shortly to make available my new bandaging skills.
Hopefully they wont be called into action to many times :-)

David FaganMay 10 2023, 5:18pmRe first aid, are IMRA running any courses in the near future.
Would anyone recommend 2 day course run by Mountain trails in Wicklow monthly.
Mick HanneyMay 10 2023, 9:16pmHi David, you've picked up an old thread on this one. IMRA organised a training course earlier in the year (the afternoon of the Trooperstown race) with Paul Nolan, that was excellent. Paul has regular classes. See: https://linktr.ee/1stepmore.ie
Mick HanneyMay 10 2023, 9:17pmThis was the forum thread from earlier in the year on the topic.

https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/6303
Richard FoxMay 11 2023, 9:40amHello David. I completed a first aid course last year and had hoped to attend the course that Mick mentioned but unfortunately couldn’t make it. I would still like to get to another course and would be very happy to go with Micks recommendation of Paul Nowlan. The thing is that in order to organise a session with Paul a minimum amount of participants would be required (can’t remember exactly how many - maybe 6 or 8). Anyway perhaps there are a few more that would like to attend a course with Paul? If so please feel free to contact me directly and maybe we could organise something. I already have interest from a few friends but perhaps a few more would like to bring up the number (please note that while IMRA kindly sponsored the earlier course this one would be at our expense). So anyone interested contact me directly at (087) 9155320.
Cheers
foxy