Irish Mountain
Running Association

World Championships

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Gerry BradyJul 8 2010, 11:07pmA link to a short video of the World championships course is available on the IMRA event page.

Note the route for the trial race on August 7th has been slightly amended (see route map on trial race event page). The World trial will also be used to select teams for the British and Irish under 16 and 18 races which will be held in Ireland in late September.
Gerry BradyAug 13 2010, 8:21amCongratulations to the following athletes who have been selected to compete for Ireland in the World championships in Slovenia:

Senior men
Brian MacMahon (Clonliffe)
Barry Minnock (Rathfarnham)
Eoin Flynn (Rathfarnham)
Peter OFarrell (Rathfarnham)
James Kevan (Horwich RMI)
John Heneghan (Clonliffe)

Senior women
Sharon Bird (North Belfast)
Karen Alexander (Sperrin Harriers)
Kate ONeill (Metro St. Brigids)
Sarah Mulligan (DSD)

Junior women
Catherina Mullen (Shercock)
Niamh Denny (DSD)
Sinead Cronin (Celtic DCH)

Junior men
James Speight (Omagh Harriers)
James Egan (DSD)
Emmet Jennings (DSD)

Managers
Ryan Montgomery (AAI)
Gemma Denny (DSD)
Gerry Brady (Clonliffe)
Gerry BradySep 5 2010, 5:32pmBrief race report on event page. More details to follow. Reasonable performances in a competition with record entries and rising standards. The four teams and managers would like to express their appreciation to the IMRA membership for their financial and moral support.
mags greenanSep 5 2010, 11:33pmWell done to all the team competing in the world championships today. I have just looked at the u tube video of the race and it was obviously very challenging but a true mountain race. I hope you all enjoyed the experience esp all the debutantes. Well done to Gerry too who has barely had time to unpack his bags from the world masters and travel out again on another long trip. Then he will be busy organising the British and Irish youths race for Sept 19th. Peter you will deserve a good rest with two tough races back to back ..oops sorry I forgot you now have to train for the marathon and was it the same Peter that was second in the Gael force? Congrats to my club mate Brian for leading the boys home. To my juinor team - great job and I hope Emmet is none the worst of his tumble. I hope you will all be out to show your support in Glendalough on Sun sept 19th . Safe home to all. Mags
Dermot MurphySep 6 2010, 8:36amA very well done to all those competing in Slovenia, and also to Gerry and the team management. I hope you all enjoyed the celebrations after!
Peter O'FarrellSep 9 2010, 11:00pmMore photos uploaded.
Many Thanks to Gerry Brady, Ryan Montgomery and Gemma Denny for looking after us out in Slovenia and to all in IMRA for support. It's always a privilege and an honour to wear an Irish singlet and it was very easy for us to focus on the race with all the help.