Irish Mountain
Running Association

Devil's Glen

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Rene BorgAug 2 2011, 3:00pmhi all,

I'm short a first aid officer and laptop operator for this event, so if any help on those positions would be much appreciated. I'll help out with the marking myself but if any of the current volunteers are happy to help with this let me know.
Alan NolanAug 3 2011, 9:50pmHi I'd like to sign up as a running helper if there is space. Thank you.

Also if someone can sign me in for MYIMRA it would be great.
nolan_alanATyahooDOTcom and zero86 37745zero7
Rene BorgAug 6 2011, 11:27pmPlease note that as the Devil's Glen car park only takes 20 cars, remaining cars will be parking on the side of the lane down which will make for a lot of congestion as well as a bit of queuing on the way out.

So to keep this inconvenience to a minimum, stop in at the Ashford House car park just as you come into Ashford after you leave the N11 and check if there are other hill runners around to fill up cars with.
mike gommAug 7 2011, 2:05pmHi Rene CAN DO 1st AID if you are still short. All best . Mike
Rene BorgAug 7 2011, 4:38pmHi Mike,

Offer graciously accepted :)
Rene BorgAug 7 2011, 4:39pmJust to confirm with everyone the prize-giving will be in the roomy Ashford House in Ashford (duh!) like in previous years. They tend to have a good offer on soup, sandwiches and crisp combo!
Rene BorgAug 7 2011, 4:41pmWe're still missing a laptop operator for this race. I'll do it as a backup if need be, but I'm a bit rusty so if anyone is around to provide me a quick refresh, let me know.
Rob CostelloAug 8 2011, 12:07pmHi,

Would anybody happen to be carpooling from the city for this race? I'd love to go along.

Thanks,
Rob
Rene BorgAug 8 2011, 8:19pmJust a note on the Ashford House: the place has recently been converted from a pub lounge into more of a restaurant so this year they will accommodate us in the slightly less roomy (takes 50) front bar.

This does mean that they don't do sandwiches and other pub food anymore, but they'll be ready for runners wanting tea/coffee and crisps.
James ClancyAug 9 2011, 9:13pmHi

Time doesnt appear to be working on Carpool for me leaving Monkstown/Dun Laoghaire at 18.15 if suits. 2 spots free. Rob did you get sorted if you can get the Dart out I can pick up from salthill/monkstown stop. 0866060222

Cheers,

James
Rene BorgAug 10 2011, 9:25amTo all attendees and volunteers: As I cannot make the Devil's Glen until 18:20, the gate will not be unlocked before this. Any early arrivals can use one of the five parking spots outside but note it is a 1 mile run to the start from there.

Registration will take place between around 18:40 and 19:20. Note that the outer gate will be locked once the race starts to avoid any members of the public accessing the carpark after closing time, so during the race you cannot get your cars out.
Rene BorgAug 10 2011, 2:03pmContrary to my previous post, the gate will stay open all day today until we lock it, so early arrivals can drive straight to the back carpark.

If all volunteers could please meet at the back carpark no later than 18:30 that would be perfect.
Eamonn HodgeAug 10 2011, 2:35pmI'm looking for a lift from the city centre. Anybody willing to give me a lift?!
Michelle RowleyAug 10 2011, 4:11pmHi eammon, just saw your post. I am going through city at 5.30ish. My number is zero86 37one7206. michelle
Eamonn HodgeAug 10 2011, 4:26pmHi Michelle, just got sorted with Torben. Thanks for the offer and thanks Paul and Kevin too! :)

See you at the race - love this route! Nearly died a death last year so hopefully won't go off like a man possessed and get pains in my chest like last year!
Mick HanneyAug 11 2011, 8:22amThanks Rene and crew for a finely staged event last night. The Glen is a fab place to run. Note to self... get there more often to run and appreciate it.
Rene BorgAug 11 2011, 9:06amIt's a great training area, quite similar to the types of climbing in Glanageenty incidentally, so perhaps any aspiring John Lenihan's need to go there more often ;-)

Sadly, like you Mick, I don't get there so often anymore, simply moving 10km more south-west seems to have turned my visits from weekly to annual!
Rene BorgAug 11 2011, 9:23amCongratulations to Jenny McAuley, Eilis Connery, and Anne Curly who all beat the previous ladies record. Jenny's time of 38:13 is the first sub-39min time by a woman on the course and the new time to beat.

Emmett Dunleavy's inaugural record of 32:40 proved impregnable to assault for a second year running.
Jean O'NeillAug 11 2011, 10:33amDid anyone find a pair of glasses last night at Devil's Glen?

Jean