Irish Mountain
Running Association

Cratloe Woods

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
john bucknerJul 18 2012, 3:24amWould a couple of 20 year old American football players be welcome to join this run, provided they're member of the IMRA and pay the entry fee? We'll be in the area and doing the Run would be very meaningful. Both are in excellent condition and do runs in the USA. And we'd thoroughly enjoy the chance to meet other runners over refreshments!
Dermot MurphyJul 18 2012, 7:28amHi John, no problem there, you would be more than welcome to join the run - simply turn up and register on the evening.
Jason KehoeJul 18 2012, 7:35amWell there is an incentive for the local ladies to run!

John I'm sure you would both be very welcome to run on the day. You seem to know the score with registering etc. so just bring a filled out reg form and check events page periodically for more instructions.

Now you just need to put the training in as you will be flying the flag for the USA in Co. Clare!

Cheers,
Jason
John BucknerJul 18 2012, 2:19pmThanks, all, for the warm welcome! I'm actually not running, but a pair of brothers (twins) will be, with your kind acceptance. They are Cody and Scott. I'll guarantee you'll enjoy them as much as they'll enjoy you! We'll all look forward to getting acquainted with Irish runners.

John

John BucknerJul 18 2012, 2:28pmOh, one more thing: Would there be IMRA t-shirts they could buy to bring home and show their friends? "Large" size? Thanks.

John
Seán HarteAug 7 2012, 10:15pmThe prizes for all those who have completed five or more of the Munster Wednesday League races will be given out after this race in Setright's Tavern. Tea and sandwiches will also be available for all competitors on the night.

To get to Setright's Tavern from the race carpark, head back towards Cratloe and turn left onto the R462. Then, after about 700m, take the right turn with a sign for Setright's Cross. The pub is on the right just before you reach the N18 dual-carriageway.