Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mountain Rescue Benefit Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Gareth LittleAug 1 2012, 11:03amLooking for a laptop operator for this event if anyone is willing?

Thanks,

Gareth

John J BarryAug 1 2012, 10:02pmGareth,
I'll do laptop duties for you.
Justin DuttonAug 15 2012, 1:47pmPlease put me down as a non running volunteer for this event. Thanks Justin
Gareth LittleAug 15 2012, 2:24pm
We are ok for volunteers now, thx
Gareth LittleAug 17 2012, 11:37am
If anyone would like to get sponsored for this race a sponsorship card is available for download on the event info page.

Thanks,

Gareth
Gareth LittleAug 20 2012, 10:18am
Thanks to the volunteers for coming forward. Could I ask that you try and make it up to Ticknock for around 6 / 6:15 pm?

Also, I will be posting final race instructions tomorrow at some stage.

Thanks,

Gareth
Brian O'MurchuAug 20 2012, 10:22am
Wondering if anyone is going to this race from Malahide? Am looking for a lift

murchubrian at gmail dot com

Gareth LittleAug 20 2012, 10:44pm
Here are the final details for the race on Wednesday:

The race route is quite straight forward so it's ideal for anyone who has not done much trail running before. The course is surprisingly dry too and will be well marked so no chance of getting lost!

The race fee is 10 euro with all proceeds going to the two teams. There will be no registration fee for any first time runners. Sponsorship cards are available for download from the event details page should anyone like to raise extra money.

Both the Dublin & Wicklow and the Glen of Imaall mountain rescue teams will be on hand for anyone that should take a tumble so you are well covered in that department.

As it turns out both teams are currently recruiting so if you have any questions for us about this or anything else that we do, feel free to give one of us a shout and we will be happy to chat away with you. We will have some team vehicles there also if you would like a look around them.

The race starts at half 7 sharp and there will be no early starts as the course is nice and short.

Prize giving will be at Lamb Doyle’s after the race and spot prizes will be handed out then.

Any questions just give me a shout on o879573216 or garethlittle at yahoo.co.uk

I hope to see you all on Wednesday for the last of the evening races of 2012.

Thanks,

Gareth Little - Race Director

John J BarryAug 21 2012, 8:36amGareth,

Is registration in the Car Park of Ticknock?

Is there a plan regarding regarding parking?
Alan MaddenAug 21 2012, 9:11amFrom above

"As it is end of season, there will be no IMRA registration fee and new runners are most welcome"

Question is, is it ok to arrive late as there is no registration?
Brendan LawlorAug 21 2012, 9:39amAlan

Race registration will be as usual but if you are a new runner you don't need to pay the IMRA €10 registration fee, just the €10 donation to Mountain Rescue to do the race.

Registration will close about 7.20 - hope this clarifies
Brendan LawlorAug 21 2012, 9:41amJohn J

Yes registration and car parking will be in Ticknock Forest and please carpool from Lamb Doyles
lotte blixenAug 21 2012, 9:31pmHi
Im going to stay in Dublin city what is the best way to get to the race ?New in town and country . Are there buses that stopp nearby?
David RouseAug 21 2012, 9:59pmTwo seats from Ranelagh Triangle @1810 hrs.

Email me - daverouse @ g mail dot com
lotte blixenAug 22 2012, 2:15pm@ david Just sent you an email love to take one of the seats in your car.
Gareth LittleAug 23 2012, 8:40pm
Hi all, I would just like to say on behalf of the two MR teams a big thank you to all of you who came out and made the night the success it was and a big well done to all the IMRA volunteers. Without them we would not have been able to run such a successful event.

We managed to raise just shy of 1,700 which is a fantastic result!

You can find more info about the two teams below:

http://www.dwmrt.ie/
http://www.wicklowmountainrescue.ie/

Thanks again,

Gareth

Jeff SwordsAug 23 2012, 9:16pmGood turn out alright, I even got first hand experience of the first aid you guys provide, I hope it's the one and only time I need your help!

Any sign of results.for it?