Irish Mountain
Running Association

Volunteers needed for physiological testing - DCU undergraduate research project

AuthorDateMessage
Stephen ClearyMar 21 2010, 6:18pmHi all,
My name is Stephen Cleary, a final year Sports Science student in DCU. My research project is investigating the effects, if any, of alternative breathing patterns on running performance. I'm looking for endurance trained runners and untrained individuals who are healthy, non-smokers between the ages of 18-55yrs to participate in the project.

Volunteers will receive valuable information of their current fitness and training status, namely, VO2max, lactate threshold, running economy and health information (i.e. Blood pressure, lung function assesment). Participation would require 3 visits to DCU between 9am and 5pm for testing.

If you or anyone you know are interested or would like more information please email me - stephen.cleary6@mail.dcu.ie

Thanks,
Stephen
rhona ogradyJun 16 2012, 6:10pmDear Stephen
Just wondering are you still looking for volunteers for your research project.
My husband, 50, a runner, has asked me to arrange a VO2max test for him in DCU
and I came across your message?
Regards,
Rhona O'Grady
Sean KeenanJan 27 2013, 11:46pmHiya Stephen,

I am 47 and have completed two ironman events over the last three years. I am interested in having a vo2 max test to optimise my training and performance. Are you still doing them or so you know where I might get tested.

Yours sincerely
Sean Keenan.