Irish Mountain
Running Association

World Cycle Race

AuthorDateMessage
Doug CorrieJan 8 2012, 9:52pmA bit off topic for this forum but relevant to those of you with a general interest in outdoor adventure. Not sure if any of you have heard that,following on from the interest of the various round the world cycle records which have been set over the past few years, there is an organised cycle race around the world this year, starting in London on the 18th February. Of particular interest is the fact that there is an Irish entrant (Simon Hutchinson). Here’s his website http://www.simonsepiccycle.com/.

In conjunction with his race around the world he’s raising money for Brainwave – The Irish Epilepsy Association. His website says he’s organising a fundraising event for on 21st January at Mondello Park race track where he’s hoping that cyclists will collectively ride 18,000 miles over the course of the day - the distance he will ride during the World Cycle Race. It would be good if cyclists around the country could support him in his endeavours. I’ve signed up for the 21st anyway.

I have to confess to being a bit of a world cycling circumnavigation record fanatic and I know I’ll never hold it so the next best thing is for another Irish man to hold it.
Doug CorrieJan 16 2012, 10:06pmUpdate:

There is no minimum amount to be raised to take part in this event. Just donate as much to Brainwave as you can - on the day or on line.

There is a total of 18,000 miles to be cycled on the day so come along and bring a friend even it is only for a few laps.