Irish Mountain
Running Association

St. Kevin's Way recce

AuthorDateMessage
Rene BorgJan 15 2012, 8:50pmAs the third and final round of the January long runs starting in Glendalough, we're planning something a bit special: a full running of St. Kevin's Way from Hollywood back to Glendalough (where tea, coffee and home made baking will await as usual).

This run will take place two weeks from now on Sunday 29th. We will need a bit more organising around carpooling for this event. Some Dublin-bound cars can go straight to Hollywood for an estimated 10:30 start but we would need 1-2 cars in Glendalough so the drivers can take all the Dublin-bound runners back to Hollywood and onwards up the N81 to home after the run.

Kevin's Way is about 30km and will feature much faster terrain and marginally less climb than today's run, so overall, we may expect to finish between 2:50-3:10 for most runners but don't worry if you think you'll be slower, as long as we can form enough good groups with people of different levels we'll be fine.

The route is a mixture of rocky trail, fire-road, boardwalks, dirt-paths, some boggy patches, rock-slabs and tarmac. When trying to attract different types of runners, Kevin's Way clearly hedged its bets.

Mail me at zero85121454one if you want to participate, especially if you want to help out with the carpooling, so we can get organised.
Rene BorgJan 15 2012, 8:51pmAnd that should have read "mail me at rene at championseverywhere dot com or text me at zero85one21454one.
tony keelyJan 15 2012, 9:09pmHi rene, i would like to join up with the group for this run if thats ok with you.I drive a van and would have only a front seat for someone travelling out to the run,heading from donabate.
Rene BorgJan 16 2012, 11:50amOk, Tony, I've added you to the list.
James ClancyJan 16 2012, 3:14pmWell up for it, thanks Rene.

James
Cormac MacDonnellJan 24 2012, 5:36pmGreat idea - would love to join ya's but recovering from a knee injury.
Maps of the route are available for download from
http://www.irishtrails.ie/Trail/St-Kevins-Way-/371/
Cormac
Rene BorgJan 25 2012, 3:07pm@ Cormac: Thanks for that, very useful!

@ Tony: could you pop me an email at rene at championseverywhere dot com? I am emailing the group going on Sunday to sort out the logistics.
Laurence ColleranJan 25 2012, 3:29pmHi, I'd like to tag along as well if thats ok.
Rene BorgJan 27 2012, 10:15pmhi all,

Final logistics for the run will be these:

- Run to start from Hollywood at 11:00 (a few cars will rendezvous in Glendalough at 10:15, leave on car there to take the people parking in Hollywood back afterwards and bring "the locals" out to Hollywood for the start).
- Coffee,tea and cake in the cottage after before the Hollywood-taxi service departs so bring minimum gear change in your backpack or leave in on of the Glendalough cars.

Contact me at zero85one214541 or mail rene at championseverywhere dot com for questions.
Tressan McCambridgeJan 28 2012, 5:15pmHi

I’m planning on joining the group for the last 11 miles of this route. If anyone wants to join me/car pool for this shorter course feel free to get in touch at zero87 two95nine344 or email tressan at hotmail dot com

It'll probably mean a 12.00 start so plenty of time to sleep off any hangover.

Cheers
Tressan
Tressan McCambridgeJan 28 2012, 5:15pmHi

I’m planning on joining the group for the last 11 miles of this route. If anyone wants to join me/car pool for this shorter course feel free to get in touch at zero87 two95nine344 or email tressan at hotmail dot com

It'll probably mean a 12.00 start so plenty of time to sleep off any hangover.

Cheers
Tressan
Emma BolandJan 30 2012, 9:43pmTempting tressan but don't want to miss the match!! Hope you're going to ucd weds evening?
Tressan McCambridgeJan 30 2012, 10:33pmHi Emma - the recce was yesterday so you should be alright for the match :)

Still on for the Wed fartlek session. Meet 6.30 at UCD Clonskeagh gate.

See you then
Tressan