Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mweelrea

AuthorDateMessage
Robert MalseedFeb 19 2012, 11:46amI am organising a mountain running / endurance workshop here in Westport, County Mayo on the 7th - 8th April (Easter Weekend). The items that will be covered are Sport Psychology, physiology, performance, equipment and safety, ascending and descending, injury prevention, treatment and recovery, and on the 8th there will be an Easter Egg run on Croagh Patrick. I am looking to get an IMRA banner and material, and hopefully be getting people here in Connacht into the mountain running as I believe that we have a great reserve of talent here in Connacht. I hope to see as many IMRA members present. Robert
Eamonn HodgeFeb 19 2012, 9:59pmThat sounds like a great idea Rob. Unfortunately I'll be in Kerry with Rene, Jason and Aoife who are organising a weekend of running. Otherwise I would have been there. Best of luck with it.
Robert MalseedFeb 20 2012, 8:19amNo problem Eamon. Have a great weekend yourself. I be looking to mix serious mountain running and a bit of fun.
Take care and have a great year.
Rob
brendan cownayApr 25 2012, 1:58pmHi missed the training is there going to be another, left a message on facebook rabert but you might not have got it
John ShielsJun 30 2012, 7:12pmViv,
Eithne and myself are available to do summit marshal for this race. drop me a mail on john dot shiels at iol.ie to confirm details
John
Vivian O'GormanJul 6 2012, 6:21pmPlease note the time for this race will be changed to 1.30pm

Allow yourselves plenty of time to get to Silver Strand - the other side of Louisburgh - for the race start

Just need a First Aid person otherwise have enough volunteers
John O NeillJul 16 2012, 10:50pmWhat is the best route to take from Dublin via Westport or via galway-leenane
Jim SmithJul 17 2012, 10:36amHi,

I was going to do this race but I am not a member of IMRA yet. Can I join on the day and do the race if I bring the membership form? thanks
Dermot MurphyJul 17 2012, 10:44amHi Jim - yes, you can join on the day. If you have the registration form printed and completed, it would be a help.
Jeff FitzsimonsJul 17 2012, 12:05pmIs anyone else planning on heading over and back on the same day from Dublin? If so let me know, otherwise I'll just have to talk to myself for the width of the country.
Alan AylingJul 17 2012, 1:40pmSo where is the party on the Saturday night?
niamh o ceallaighJul 17 2012, 3:30pmHi Alan,
We are camping in Westport House, so if weather is nice, might do a bbq on sat night, else will head up the town somewhere.
Are you camping?
Brian O'MurchuJul 17 2012, 4:20pmHi Jeff,

I might be going (can let you know by Thur). I am pretty good at map reading, and I've been to university so can offer intellectual conversation....!!
james ClancyJul 17 2012, 4:24pmHey I am heading across at the weekend driving up Sat morning if you
keen on carpooling planning and staying up there Sat night probably camping westport house and doing Nephin Sun but I can get you to a train/bus if your jstt doing the one day?
Alan AylingJul 17 2012, 8:20pmPlan to stay in the van, somewhere round Westport. Might head down on the Friday, not sure yet. Intellectual conversation would be good, but drunken waffle would be a perfectly acceptable substitute....
Few pints to ease the leg muscles out before the Nephin race.
Alan AylingJul 17 2012, 8:22pmBBQ sounds good Niamh, if the weather obliges.
Pat StauntonJul 18 2012, 10:21amJohn,
I'd say your best bet is through Westport.
Vivian O'GormanJul 18 2012, 11:36pmA couple of notes:

Note the time change for this race is 1.30pm -- sharp!

Race registration will open at 12pm

Early starters can go at 12.30pm. If you want to start earlier no problem just let me know.

There is a kit requirement:

Longsleeved rainproof top
Hat/Gloves

Map - Compass - Whistle -- Map can be printed off this website.

Bumbag with chocolate/biscuits and water.

Bring your own water.

Bring your rubbish home. Please don't drop on the mountain or anywhere else.

Prizegiving will in the start/finish area afterwards.
Jim MulcahyJul 19 2012, 2:10pmHi,

Just wondering where exactly the race registration is?

Vivian O'GormanJul 19 2012, 3:38pmHi Jim,

Race registration is at start of race at Silver Strand.
Barry MooreJul 22 2012, 1:45pmThanks Vivian and volunteers for organizing a great race. Mweelrea is a beast! doubt I've ever walked more in a race before but the decent, the views, the dip in the Atlantic and of course the cake made all the pain on the way up more than worth it :-)