Irish Mountain
Running Association

Annacurra trail race

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyMar 10 2012, 8:03pmOur local community group is looking to hold a trail race on the afternoon of Sunday 29th April. More details as we firm them up but the route will be a mix of the Annacurra trail route which proved popular the twice we ran it before with the addition of trails we have constructed in the lower woods. Whilst it is not the official opening yet it will be the first time the new trails will have had a race and we are all looking forward to it. Distance will be c. 10k with enough hills to suit the IMRA contingent.

I'll post more details here in due course but I hope many of you will call down for what we hope will be a good event without costing the earth(€10 entry). Funds raised from race entry will go towards our trail construction costs most of which we have minimised through free volunteer effort. We hope to have decent prizes for winners and spot prizes through the field. The finish line is beside the pub too :-)

If an Annacurra trail race for 29th April could be listed as a non-IMRA race on the calendar I'd be very much appreciative. Theres no clash with an IMRA event from what I can tell.
Mick HanneyMar 16 2012, 11:37pmHi,

Confirming this race for 29th April, 2pm race start. Registration from 1pm in Annacurra village.

Hope as many imra runners as possible can make it. Its a route which will suit hill runners. Good prep for the Leinster League. Route is roughly this. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/157958091

Route will be fully marked and marshalled and we aim to give runners a good value race and enjoyable event.

This isn't an IMRA race. Race entry will be €12 with discounts for OAPs, etc. Prizes for 1, 2, 3 mens and ladies with spot prizes too. Post race refreshments in the Saltee pub adjacent to start/finish.

The race is a fund-raiser for our community group who have constructed these trails under the guidance of Coillte.

Thanks in advance.

Mick
Mick HanneyApr 1 2012, 10:11pmJust bumping this up to remind people its on. Its not an imra race but if you like your imra races this will suit you. And its all for a good local cause, thanks.
Mick HanneyApr 23 2012, 6:08pmWith more rain expected this week this race will probably suit IMRA runners even more. Hope to see many of you on Sunday.
Angela HaylesApr 25 2012, 5:09pmHi Mick, looking forward to Annacurragh run this Sunday. Hope the weather improves a bit from today! Angela
Mick HanneyApr 29 2012, 6:28pm‎1,2,3 of Annacurra Trail Race. A cracking winning time considering the hills and weather conditions. Lots of IMRA folk in evidence which was greatly appreciated. Well done folks and thanks again.

Men
1 Torben Dahl 40:33
2 Gary Condon
3 Karl Maguire

Women
1 Mags Greenan 50:53
2 Niamh Harnett
3 Ciara Rattigan
mags greenanApr 29 2012, 9:26pmThanks Mick for a great race and all your bunch of helpers. What a smashing course. Deffinitely one for the callander and you should push that one for an IMRA race. Great steady climb and lovely non tecky down hills and lovely scenery. It is a fantastic training run for any one thinking of running the world vets or any similar race as it is a good steady climb and I will deffinitely be taking it in again on route to Wexford It is so easy to get to and the pub just accross the road a great finish. Keep up the good work.
Mick HanneyApr 30 2012, 9:21amThanks Mags and others who supported this. We cleared over €1,100 for our local cause despite the challenging conditions, which included a tree falling mid-race and power cuts! Such was the great feedback yesterday on the route its likely it will be a regular event. On a good day we may see the 40 mins broken.
Jane PorterMay 1 2012, 11:49amExcellent course Mick and really well organised and marshalled. Very enjoyable despite the wind and the falling tree (organisers nightmare!). Glad to hear you will be putting it it on again when hopefully Graham and I will be a bit fitter!