Irish Mountain
Running Association

Spring hill training sessions

AuthorDateMessage
Rene BorgMar 25 2012, 7:22pmThe training sessions organised by myself on behalf of Crusaders AC (but not exclusive to our members) will continue in Spring but move back to Marlay Park.

START TIME: 18:30
MEETING POINT: Taylor's Three-Rock Pub

Next few weeks feature "Lydiard hill circuits", great for power, strength and speed and for those wanting to try something a little different. You can read about the session here and watch videos of it:
http://www.championseverywhere.com/hill-circuit-hills

We move from Wednesday to Tuesday from the week after this.

SCHEDULE (next three weeks)
Wed 28/03/2012 - Lydiard hill circuits introduction
Tue 03/04/2012 - Lydiard hill circuits
Tue 10/04/2012 - Lydiard hill circuits (easy option for Kerry weekenders)

More updates to follow. Mail me at rene at championseverywhere dot com or text zero8512one454one for questions.
Rene BorgMar 26 2012, 11:11pmQuick change of meeting place: we will meet in the Liedl carpark in Rathfarnham rather than Taylor's Three-Rock Pub in case we have high numbers. It will be easier to leave bikes there as well.
Rene BorgMar 28 2012, 2:47pmI've been tied up in work commitments this evening so unfortunately will not be able to attend to run the session. Spring sessions will now start next Tuesday instead, regular can use it as a well-deserved break especially for those who did the Trail/Ultra!
Rene BorgMar 28 2012, 2:47pmI've been tied up in work commitments this evening so unfortunately will not be able to attend to run the session. Spring sessions will now start next Tuesday instead, regular can use it as a well-deserved break especially for those who did the Trail/Ultra!
Michael BligheApr 2 2012, 9:09pmHi,

Just wondering if this session is going ahead tomorrow evening?

Mick
Rene BorgApr 2 2012, 10:10pmhi Michael, yes, they will be, we'll meet at the Liedl carpark at sometime between 18:15-18:30 and run off doing our warmup at 18:30. Session will last till approximately 20.
Rene BorgApr 10 2012, 5:01pmJust to confirm, session is going ahead this evening.
Rene BorgApr 13 2012, 5:03pmHill circuits, we hardly knew ye: after three weeks of hill circuits, next week's sessions are going up a notch with double-sessions available in Marlay for the next few weeks:

Tue 17/04: Short repetitions on grass, we'll do an old Ron Daws classic here, some will remember it...
Thu 19/04: Long repetitions on grass
Tue 24/04: Short reps
Thu 26/04: Long reps

For the chaps starting their season late, there'll be an aerobic option, just come along and I'll let you know what to go for.
Rene BorgApr 19 2012, 1:06pmHave to cancel this evening's session as I am still recovering from a bad cold.
Rene BorgApr 25 2012, 10:55pmJust a heads-up that tomorrow's (Thu) session is cancelled. Those who had planned for a hard session on that day can consider joining me at the Shanganagh 3k in Bray :)
Khai LeeApr 30 2012, 10:16amHi all - is this happening this week? I've never come to this training session before but would like to join you if it does go...

Thanks,

Khai
Rene BorgApr 30 2012, 10:24amhi Khai Lee,

Yes, session will go ahead. There's a slight change of meeting place: we will meet in Marlay Park rather than at the Liedl car park, in the southern car park (far end if you're coming from town).

If anyone arrives late, just jog to the central area of the park where the largest grassy fields are and you should spot us (we're the ones without the polo bats).
Khai LeeApr 30 2012, 11:16amThanks Rene. And just so that I'm clear, is this on Tuesday, Thursday, or both?
Rene BorgMay 1 2012, 1:22pmDue to scheduling problems I have to cancel this evening's session. The Tuesday session will be discontinued now with the advent of the summer Wednesday race series.

I'll communicate shortly what dates and days for sessions will return for the rest of the Summer and Spring period but it will likely be weekend or Monday sessions.