Irish Mountain
Running Association

Trail League

AuthorDateMessage
Dermot MurphyJun 7 2012, 2:20pmThe routes for the Trail league have not been agreed as of yet, so we are looking for some suggestions on routes to use, and also for people to come forward as Race Directors. So please feel free to suggest an old favourite or even suggest a new route that has not been used before. The agreed races will then published in the next couple of weeks.

The dates will be the first three Wednesdays in August (1st, 8th and 15th).
Colin DoyleJun 7 2012, 3:40pmMy suggestions would be:

1.Earls Drive/Djouce Trail has to be in the calender,Its Fast and Furious Start to finish,
Maybe
2.Devils glen & 3.Ballyross or something new e.g Butter mountain or another regular Glen of the downs
Mick HanneyJun 7 2012, 7:05pmAvondale House?
Dermot MurphyJun 13 2012, 4:20pmThe first two trail races have been confirmed as Glen of the Downs (1st August) and Djouce Trail (8th August). Third race still to be finalised (15th August), any suggestions welcome.
Torben DahlJun 13 2012, 5:51pmHow about Rene's route, Devil's Glenn again this year?
Ian McGrathJun 13 2012, 7:22pmDevils Glen - great route and a super place to run!
John BarryJun 14 2012, 11:58amI second "Devil's Glen". It's a realy lovely part of the countyy that everyone should get a change to see.
John JoeJul 15 2012, 11:30pmIs there going to be a TL3 race this year ?

How about a route starting in 3 rock, up the main trail (paved) towards the masts, then taking the right turn down the trail towards kilmashogue, then take a left up the wicklow way, then possibly over fairy castle (or contouring around) and back down to 3 rock. This is all trail now with the newly created trails up to fairy castle.
Diarmuid O'ColmainJul 16 2012, 10:44amI would vote for Devil's Glen, it's a great and tough trail route.

I'm planning to make my comeback for the Trail races so all my nemeses out there, watch out! Mind you, having not raced at all and trained hardly at all, I'll probably be crawling around on hands and knees, but sure we'll give it a go.
Geraldine O'SheaJul 16 2012, 8:38pm+1 to Devils Glen - lovely route.