Irish Mountain
Running Association

Waterproof running jacket

AuthorDateMessage
Aidan HurleyJun 8 2012, 3:44pmHi, Can anybody recommend a lightweight, waterproof jacket (with hood)?

Thanks in advance.
Kevin O'RiordanJun 8 2012, 3:49pmIf you have the money, I'd go for the OMM Kamleika. Extremely waterproof and breathable and soft stretchy material too so it doesn't flap about too much. The cheapest I've seen them for is in Basecamp (when you include the 10% members discount) although I had to buy mine off Wiggle as there were supply issues.

If you're on a tighter budget, the Innov8 mistlites (last year's Leinster league volunteering prize) are pretty decent (have tested mine out in some pretty gnarly conditions). The folding into a bumbag feature is really handy too.
Paul JoyceJun 8 2012, 4:22pmI'd second that OMM Kamleika recommendation- its a great piece of kit. Go for the smock rather than the full zip jacket, its easy to get on and off, and will do a better job. The design of the peaked hood is fantastic, allows for multiple exposure options.

There are better, more expensive options than the Kamleika if you want to go there, but anything much cheaper is going to be a trade-off between waterproofness and breathability, or is going to be too heavy for running.
Paul O'GradyJun 8 2012, 6:36pmI second the Inov8 mistlite from last year. I've used it running in ridiculous conditions and it's kept me dry and it's fitted enough not to flap about.

Best jacket I have.

Keeps you dry (inside and out) and great for running in - packs down really compact as well
Torben DahlJun 8 2012, 7:19pmO'Grady... How did you get one of those jackets without running 7 LL races last year?!? ;)
Must be those manipulation skills you have used once again!!

Anyway I agree it is a great jacket!!