Irish Mountain
Running Association

Inov8 Road-X Lite 155

AuthorDateMessage
Gareth LittleOct 14 2012, 9:44pmHi all, can anyone who owns a pair of these tell me if it is a good idea to run a marathon in them?

Rene, Jeff Fitzsimons and Paul Tierney, you all own a pair I think? What do you think?

Many thanks,

Gareth
Paul TierneyOct 14 2012, 9:58pmHi Gareth, I like them, and will probably wear them for Dublin in 2 weeks time!

Go for it!
Rene BorgOct 14 2012, 10:33pmHi Gareth, I couldn't wear them before I was "re-schooled" (calves hammered after a 5 mile road race, in training etc.) and I won't wear them now that I have been re-schooled (the shoe interferes with natural running although less than the average running shoe).

If I wore them now I would be afraid that the cushioning would take away too much feedback, the lack of width in the toe-box will interfere with a proper landing and the heel raise will interfere with my posture. Pity because it's light and comfortable enough.

But I'm an indoctrinated purist by now, so if you have worn them for long runs with no ill-effects so far, you should expect to get away with it again.
Jeff FitzsimonsOct 15 2012, 10:23amIf you've done some training in them up to now, Gareth, up to 20something miler, I'd go for it for the marathon.

I'm somewhere between Paul & Rene in the type of shoes I wear and I liked the 155s. I only stopped wearing them as I stupidly bought them in the wrong size.
Turlough ConwayOct 24 2012, 10:57amHi Gareth

Id rate cushioning as important for the last section of the race where muscle damage occurs and pace can deteriorate. As light as possible to get you clipping around but with enough cushioning that you dont leak minutes in the latter stages due to tired (damaged) legs. Youll know yourself how strong your legs are and what theyll need by way of protection.