Irish Mountain
Running Association

Question re Ticknock Race

AuthorDateMessage
Damien CarleyDec 5 2012, 11:27pmGuys,Im new around here and wanted to do a few of the winter league races. I wondering if anyone could tell me if the map of the route on ticknock race page is accurate. The map route does not go around fairy castle but the description of the race says "big loop around fairy castle" Just want to make sure Im receing the correct route. Thanks, Damien

John KellyDec 6 2012, 1:25pmHi Damian

I marked the route last year and am also marking it this year. The map is not accurate as the route has changed due to the bike track going in.

I train up ticknock quite a bit and would be happy to run the route with you if you want.
Damien CarleyDec 10 2012, 11:57amJohn, Thank you, the offer is much appreciated. My rece run of the old course took me 65 mins running time. I took 3 stops to check my map, so be warned, im no mountain goat! I was thinking of heading up there around 14:00 this Saturday the 15th or early on the 29th. I could do sometime before lunch this Sunday 16th if that works either. Let me know. Thanks again, Damien
John KellyDec 10 2012, 12:09pmHi Damian

2pm Saturday suits me. See you in bottom carpark then!

Anyone else fancys it feel free to show up.

John
Damien CarleyDec 10 2012, 4:29pmJohn, thats spot on, see you at 2 on Sat.