Irish Mountain
Running Association

Annacurra Winter League race

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyDec 6 2012, 3:47pmMap and route profile added for race. If anyone wants to run course in advance let me know and I should be okay to guide you around if you want.

Its slightly longer than previous routes with some diversions along the way which will hopefully give nice views on the day. Theres a challenging water obstacle too which will bring a route choice into play (run through the water or not basically).

Trail shoes strongly recommended. Anyone running in regular runners will have a slippy day out.
Mick HanneyDec 7 2012, 3:44pmI've uploaded photos of the intended race route here. Was lovely in the hills today. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mickhanney/sets/72157632192828430/
Brian O MurchuDec 7 2012, 3:53pmLooks fantastic! Is it clockwise or anti-clockwise route?
Mick HanneyDec 7 2012, 4:21pmWould be nice to get a bit of snow like todays run. Its clockwise Brian.
Diarmuid O'ColmanDec 7 2012, 4:27pmMick
are you trying to kill us so early in the New Year, with all these extra downhill/uphill loops?!!
Diarmuid
Mick HanneyDec 7 2012, 5:40pm:-)
Alan AylingDec 12 2012, 11:15pmHope this water hazard is as much fun as the one on Annagh Hill... :-)
Derek KellettDec 13 2012, 1:12pmIMRA does duathlon, running/walking & swimming/canoeing ? Wetsuit or running shorts ? Questions for the new year!!!

Mick it looks fun, looking forward to it.
Mick HanneyDec 13 2012, 2:09pmAlan, its not as deep but its longer so the cold water takes its toll. If you come down in the weeks beforehand I'll give you a trip around.

Derek, should be fun, particularly to see whether route choice in that section makes a difference.