Irish Mountain
Running Association

Google calendar

AuthorDateMessage
Tony BerkeryJan 15 2014, 10:22amHi
Is it possible for imra to setup google calendar of events so that those who use it can view this calendar on their personal one?
I'm not sure how many use google calendar but I expect it is a large number.
The advantage is these people would always see the upcoming events and so it would encourage attendance.
I expect the setup would not take long and is a one off exercise.
I'm happy to do it if imra want someone to do so.

Thanks for the consideration imra.
Tony
Jeff SwordsJan 15 2014, 1:36pmHi Tony,

I had already created such a calendar for myself as it's handy to check my phone or whatever when organising something on a weekend. I've now made it public and padded it out a bit with more details so anyone should be able to find it and add it to.

Search for "IMRA 2014 Calendar" when adding a new calendar to your own, let me know if you can find it.

The Winter League Races are currently in it, currently the Winter League Races are indicated by the colour blue, I usually add the Spring, Summer, Championship etc in different colours once their published so they're easier to differentiate on the calendar.

Race directors, anyone, feel free to amend the calendar with corrections, added details etc if you so wish.
Jeff SwordsJan 15 2014, 1:40pmHere's the direct link

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=8djjv9novafnthtsrfumvkp8rc%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Dublin

and the calendar ID is 8djjv9novafnthtsrfumvkp8rc@group.calendar.google.com
Pól Ó MurchúJan 15 2014, 6:26pmFair play Jeff. That's the job. I think Eamonn Hodge or someone else maybe Sam.?? did one last year. It's a useful thing to have. The remainder of the calender should be up in the coming days on the site. Looks like a good year if I say so myself...not biased in any way :-)
Tony BerkeryJan 15 2014, 10:35pmHi Jeff
Thanks for that. It would be good to have the other races added soon also.
I tried to add, for example, the WW Ultra on 22nd March to your calendar but could not do. Perhaps I misunderstood you and there is restricted access to do that. If so that´s fine, it can be added to when ready.
I have got that calendar now on my one so thanks again.

Tony
Martin BagnallJan 19 2014, 7:42pmJeff, thanks for making your calendar public, it's very handy.
Jeff SwordsJan 21 2014, 11:59amHi Tony,

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to allow the general public to edit it, that I know of.

One possibility is that a Google Group for IMRA can be created and the calendar can be added to that group, and then anyone who is a member of that group will be able to edit it.
Tony BerkeryJan 28 2014, 5:59pmHi Jeff,
I know what you mean.
Your calendar will do nicely anyway,
Tks
Tony