Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Trail

AuthorDateMessage
ian MorrinJan 22 2014, 6:15pmBefore I start adding the kilometres to my run, I want to know is this run out of my reach, I Have no idea about the route and don't fancy been on an adventure trying to find my way to the finish , Im eager to give this a bash because it will be my first long run .

cheers Ian
ian MorrinJan 22 2014, 7:26pmSorry i ment to put is this race marked and how easily will it be to find my way around
John J BarryJan 22 2014, 9:51pmIt's on the Wicklow Way. So waymarked the whole way. It was my first long distance offroad race last year. Got around no problem. Plenty of people around.

You be looking at an hour longer than your half marathon time.

Try to do your long training runs offroad for the experience. Things like keeping concentration while off-road is critical. You be eating dust fairly regularly if you don't :-)
Alan AylingJan 22 2014, 11:58pmEating DUST? Chance would be a fine thing. Eating schlomp, more like.

Shouldn't be any significant risk of getting lost on WW Trail - well marked as John said. Getting used to running for that sort of length of time is important, plenty of time to get the miles into the legs if you start now!
Dermot MurphyJan 23 2014, 8:12amIan, where are you based? Would you be able to Recce sections of the course before the race?
ian MorrinJan 23 2014, 9:35amIM based out in raheny .. Only close place for me in handy distance is Howth. Dublin mountains isn't to far either so might start heading out there once a week. Thanks for the reply's lads
John CondonJan 23 2014, 9:47amWicklow Way Trail Route

http://connect.garmin.com/course/5517885
Brendan PollardJan 23 2014, 9:50amwell Ian you have some nice hills very close to you for training.

I done all my training for WW ultra in 2011 and trail over past couple of years in howth.

The purple trail from dart station back to car park is 7.5 miles but you can easily put in 15 miles mixing the tracks. Only thing Id recommend early in the morning as cliffs can get busy with tourists especially after the 10am dart on sundays.

Bren
ian MorrinJan 23 2014, 2:02pmBrill Bren im looking forward to clocking up the miles now defo going to use howth as its on my doorstep ! Thanks for all the help and info lads !
roger tegartJan 24 2014, 9:12pmJust wondering where the race actually starts? It looks like there is a few K on road running before we hit the trail? Is it worth changing from road to trail shoes? Thanks roger
Mick HanneyJan 24 2014, 9:16pmStarts at Ballinastoe and the first few k are on fire road. Trail runners throughout are most suitable, unless the weather is dry for the week beforehand in which case you might get away with road runners.
Roger TegartJan 24 2014, 9:27pmThanks Mick, that great, just want to wear my trail shoe.
Roger TegartFeb 1 2014, 9:11pmIs it possible to pay for one race on line if I don't want to buy 10 race vouchers? Or do I simply pay on the day?

Thanks Roger
Niall O'BriainFeb 1 2014, 9:20pmHi Guys,

Sorry it probably bit of an easy / stupid question but I couldn't find the answer...

How do I enter? I did this race a number of years ago, and I am back in Ireland while it's on and would love to do it again!

Thanks,

Niall
Mick HanneyFeb 1 2014, 10:02pmThis race will have an online registration option which will be enabled in due course. The price of the booking will include a seat on the bus from Johnny Foxes to the race start at Ballinastoe. 2 buses have been lined up and depending on bookings another can be arranged.
Roger TegartFeb 1 2014, 10:23pmthanks Mick, I'll keep an eye on the web site for that.
Roger TegartFeb 1 2014, 10:29pmthanks Mick, I'll keep an eye on the web site for that.
Dermot MurphyFeb 17 2014, 9:04pmI am looking for volunteers for both the Trail and Ultra race - can people put their name down as soon as they feel they are able to commit to help?
Tad McDowellFeb 18 2014, 1:59amGreetings,
I will be visiting Ireland from the US and would really like to take part in this race, and I have a couple of questions. I would be very grateful if someone can answer them for me. I have never been in race that requires a rain coat. This probably a silly question, but can this just be a small travel one that is easily carried? Do you get on the bus at Johnny Foxes or at one of the other two parks mentioned?
Thanks and I am really looking forward to this race!
Dermot MurphyFeb 18 2014, 8:15amTad, a small raincoat the can be easily rolled up should be fine. But keep an eye on the conditions before the race - you made need more than this if it is very and/or cold. The bus will pick you up at Johnnie Foxes - which is also at the finish - and bring you to the start line.
Roger TegartFeb 18 2014, 10:12pmAny idea when the registration will be open and payment can be made?
Roger TegartFeb 18 2014, 10:22pmAny idea when the registration will be open and payment can be made?
Roger TegartFeb 18 2014, 10:26pmAny idea when the registration will be open and payment can be made?
Roger TegartFeb 18 2014, 10:32pmAny idea when the registration will be open and payment can be made?
Paul KehoeFeb 20 2014, 1:15pmI'm thinking of doing this race but not 100% sure about me lasting 26km. Ran ballinstoe to crone yeaterday and pretty happy with it, just a quick question to anyone whose done it before; how does the second half of the race compare? I know i'll be tired and expect to be slower but just for some advice really !!!
Paul KehoeFeb 20 2014, 1:17pmI'm thinking of doing this race but not 100% sure about me lasting 26km. Ran ballinstoe to crone yeaterday and pretty happy with it, just a quick question to anyone whose done it before; how does the second half of the race compare? I know i'll be tired and expect to be slower but just for some advice really !!!
Warren SwordsFeb 20 2014, 1:50pmSecond half is probably tougher.

Going by my garmin, from the start to Crone, you've about 370 metres of climb, 300 metres up to the side of Djouce and another 70 metres climb from the Dargle river.

From Crone, you then have about 480 metres of climb over 6km. Two separate climbs, roughly from 13 to 15km, and then from 17km to 19km.

Then about 6km of downhill, with a bit flat to the finish, besides a bit of bump just before the end.
John Kelly71Feb 20 2014, 3:28pmTad you might want to get a hat as well. Last year we had snow drifts of a couple of feet going up over the side of Djoust. My no hat decision last year turned out to be a poor one to say the least.
That said though the year before it was sunny for the whole race so you really don't know what it will be like until the day.
The novelty of running in the rain tends to ware off fairly fast once you hit the open mountain though.
Enjoy its the best race of the year IMHO!!!
Tad McDowellFeb 24 2014, 11:08pmJohn, Thanks for the advice! I am really looking forward to this race.
Cian FrielFeb 28 2014, 9:30amHi guys just wondering when registration will open.....i don't want to miss this race!!
John Kelly71Mar 2 2014, 4:28pmCian registration is open. Youjust need to register on this site with imra. Once you sign in you will see a tab on the home page allowing you to purchase ww trail entry
Tad McDowellMar 4 2014, 6:06pmGreetings All,
Being new to IMRA races I am having trouble finding the car pool link to reserve a seat on the bus for this race? I was able to register for the race though. Also, and I feel bad about this, since this is my first time to Ireland I have never volunteered to help with an event. That being said, I will be more than happy to help out in anyway the day of the event if there is something I can do prior to or after the race. Thanks again to the whole IMRA for this opportunity!
Tad
Mick HanneyMar 4 2014, 6:49pmTad, your registration for the trail includes a seat booking on the bus automatically.
Jon RonsonMar 4 2014, 10:17pm@Mick

The 'Details' tab on the page for the WWT states "In order to guarantee your seat on the bus please use the carpool booking system. You are not guaranteed a seat on the bus unless you do this.".

This should be updated to avoid any further confusion stating that online booking automatically guarantees a seat on the bus.
Mick HanneyMar 5 2014, 8:53amFair point Jon. One for the Race Director to edit accordingly. Those details were probably simply copied from the previous year when a different system of booking was used.
Dermot MurphyMar 5 2014, 11:16amI went in to update that section, but see that it has already been done so should be OK now.
John Kelly71Mar 6 2014, 9:29pmTad drop me a mail on johnkelly35@live.co.uk and i'll get you to the bus pick up point at Johnny foxes
James SharkeyMar 8 2014, 11:55amHi. I've registered for the trail race but have been charged twice and have two transaction ID's, 1107 and 1108. Can anybody help sort it out? Thanks
Fiona SheerinMar 8 2014, 4:43pmJames

I have refunded the overpayment to your credit card.
Fiona
James SharkeyMar 8 2014, 7:30pmThanks Fiona. Much appreciated. James
Siobhan StapletonMar 11 2014, 1:03pmHi there,

Hoping to take part in WW Trail race (first time running with IMRA) and am looking for some guidance pls. Would having trained up to 20k mainly road running see me in good shape to take on this race? Have run/walked up Keeper Hill Tipperary a few times as part of training. Also what is the time limit?

Thanks
Mick HanneyMar 11 2014, 7:41pmSiobhan,
The following link has results from 2 years back. The times are in minutes and there is a good spread of times - so you get a sense of it. 20k in training is good going. The 25k in the trail plays out more like 30k due to the hills so pace yourself and you should be okay.
Cheers,
Mick

https://www.imra.ie/events/results/id/944/
Siobhan StapletonMar 11 2014, 9:47pmThanks for that Mick
Frank McKennaMar 12 2014, 8:28amHello Mick, We have around 15 runners from Newry on a bus for the Ultra and Trail races. Can I block book them or do we register individually. Thanks Frank 07785 713960..
Dermot MurphyMar 12 2014, 8:43amFrank, they will need to register individually - the system is not set up for block booking unfortunately.
I would like to have a quick chat with you, if thats OK (regarding the bus and NIRMA members registrating for the race). Can you send my your number and I will give you a ring? My number is zero87 seven445475.
Dermot MurphyMar 12 2014, 8:43amFrank - just saw you have your number on your previous post - will give you a shout.
Dermot MurphyMar 12 2014, 11:12amCan any runners coming down from Northern Ireland please contact Frank? Please get in touch with him, even if you do not intend on taking the bus he is organising from Newry.
Joe FinneganMar 13 2014, 11:48amHi I'm trying to book in for the Wicklow way trail run on sat 22nd and it won't let me it's for myself and another mate coming from Newry city runners could you let me know can you pay on the day are what to do
Toni LloveraMar 15 2014, 10:45amHow can I enter the race?Is it sold out?
Thomas MooreMar 16 2014, 11:27pmIs there still seats left for the bus, I can't seem to be able to book one .
Dermot O'SullivanMar 17 2014, 5:10pm
Have entries closed for the Wicklow Way Trail?
David sullivanMar 18 2014, 9:06amHi, Just the same query as the above few, just wondering is it sold out before I register with imra as im only home for a few weeks?
Thanks guys!
Bren SheridanMar 18 2014, 9:51amHi. Can I register two for seats on the bus myself and Brian Kenny and can I pay on the day? Thanks a mil.
John CondonMar 18 2014, 10:11am@ Bren

This year all entries are pre-booked on line. This also ensures a place on the bus.
Brendan SheridanMar 18 2014, 10:37amThanks a mil Ian for the quick responce, much appreciated. I just entered on line.
Brendan SheridanMar 18 2014, 10:57amThanks a mil Ian for the quick responce, much appreciated. I just entered on line.
Mick HanneyMar 18 2014, 12:49pmIf possible people should try carpool to Johnny foxes as parking is limited for the numbers of runners taking part in both events.
Richard NunanMar 18 2014, 1:56pmHi Folks,

There are a few places left on the Wicklow Way Trail. Entries will close on THURSDAY 20TH OF MARCH AT 5:00PM.

All entries will include a seat on the bus.

New Entries for the Wicklow way Trail will not be accepted on the day.
Roger TegartMar 18 2014, 5:38pmjust to confirm; we should be carrying our own hydration for this event? There will be no water stations provided I assume?
Roger TegartMar 18 2014, 5:40pmjust to confirm; we should be carrying our own hydration for this event? There will be no water stations provided I assume?
Mick HanneyMar 18 2014, 7:14pmThere is usually a volunteer at Crone wood and Curtlestown wood with refreshments. Carrying your own hydration is a personal choice. Some people will last the route without hydration, some people will prefer to carry a bottle to hydrate more regularly. There are 2 rivers where the water is probably as drinkable as anything around too.
Donnchadh CullinanMar 18 2014, 8:26pmFolks

Can someone remind me of the right of way etiquette especially as the trail race heads off just as the bulk of the Ultra guys are coming down the boardwalk on Djouce. Seemed to be a bit of a free for all last year but I think that was down to the snow. Any help appreciated
Richard NunanMar 18 2014, 8:32pmFrom the RD last year

"The descending runner should get priority, so on the boardwalk this would mean the Trail runners giving way to the Ultra runners - but given the number of Trail runners v Ultra runners on this section, this may not be practical. The boardwalk is a bottleneck, especially so when you have runners going both ways at the same time. If the ground is dry, it should not be a problem for one person to go to one side, but it can be much harder to manage if the ground is very wet - the boardwalk is over boggy ground anyway.
The best approach would be for all runners to go to their left if they need to go off the boardwalk. So one Trail runner going up, should give way to one Ultra runners going down by hopping off to their left, one Ultra runner meeting a group of Trail runner, hop off to their left. A sensible approach on the day would be needed."
henny brandsmaMar 19 2014, 8:50amHi dermot,if you need more volunteers for saturday i am availeble,please
mail me back or phone me at 087-7604825.
Henny.
Gordon WilsonMar 19 2014, 11:58amHi Dermot. Just wondering what time you need volunteers to be at Fox's for the WWT?
Dermot MurphyMar 19 2014, 12:54pmUnless I have said anything different to anyone, volunteers for the Trail should be there for 9:30am.
If you need to contact me, my number is zero87 744five475.
Roger TegartMar 19 2014, 2:21pmGiven that the last couple of K's look like they are on tarmac is it worth considering a change of shoes? I don't think my fell cross shoes are going to be much use on the tarmac.
ray o reillyMar 19 2014, 2:35pmHi, trying to register online, keep been told application error. want to enter for the wicklow way trail on the 22nd? Any help??
Mick HanneyMar 19 2014, 2:38pm@Roger, its only a couple of k in the context of a 25k race, so you should be okay. Trail runners as distinct from out and out fell runners are probably the way to go.
Paul CampbellMar 19 2014, 5:08pmIs 12:00 the correct start time for the trail race ? If so, what time will the buses leave Foxes ?
Dermot MurphyMar 19 2014, 8:03pmPaul, yes - 12pm is the correct start time. Registration closes at 11:15am, and the last bus will leave around then.
Dermot MurphyMar 19 2014, 9:40pmRace Briefing (copied from Ultra thread):
1) Pre-entry only for this race - if you are not on the list, you cannot run in the race.
2) Route is strictly on the Wicklow Way. Please did not use any short-cuts ie cutting out zig-zags etc - this will be considered cheating and will result in disqualification. Safety point - runners might consider running in groups, especially if you are unfamiliar with route. See who is at a similar pace.
3) Mandatory kit requirement - this will be STRICTLY enforced. Mobile phones are not mandatory but are recommended.
4) Please note the cut off times at Ballinastoe (1pm), Crone wood (2:45pm) and Curtlestown (3:30pm) - please cooperate with the marshals if you do not reach the cut off in time.
5) Strictly no littering - please leave any litter at the water stations or bring it with you.
6) Dont forget to have your number visible/at hand at the finish so your time can be recorded. Also dont forget to pick up your mug!
7) Strictly no headphones on this race - if you see anyone with them on, dont be shy about telling them to take them off.
8) No parking at the GAA club at race finish - the car park is closed there as they are extending the club house.
I will repost this on Friday, and these notes will be read out at the start of the race.
Michael BligheMar 20 2014, 6:47amHi Dermot,

I've just picked up an injury this week and won't be able to run now. Is there any possibility of a refund?

Michael
Dermot MurphyMar 20 2014, 8:39amHi Michael, I cannot organise a refund, but I can transfer your entry to someone else. If you can pass on your entry acceptance email to your replacement, and then you will just need to organise the race entry (€20) from them to you. If the person has not run for IMRA this year, they should realise they will need to pay the €10 registration fee on the day. They should also have a copy of your acceptance with them as well - so please pass this on to them, and they should be set to go.
Registration will close today, so you may well get someone looking for a transfer tomorrow.
Eoin KeithMar 20 2014, 9:27amThere has been an update to the Website software which will hopefully fix the issues which some people have been having with online registration.

Entries for the WW Trail race will close this evening at 9pm (or when the race fills, whicever comes first!). No entries will be taken after that. Entry will NOT be availble on the day of the race.
Frank McKennaMar 20 2014, 11:09amHi Dermot,

Frank McKenna - number change to 07766 160238.

We have a bus leaving Newry 06h45-06h50 for Jonny's around 08h30-08h45. This is to accomodate the Ultra runners. We will then head over to the start for the Trail. Arranged for half way pickup, as discussed.

Leaving Jonny's around 18h00 for Newry.

Can accomodate.. SMS me asap if you need a seat....
Paul KevilleMar 20 2014, 5:07pmi went to enter ww trail race and recieved 'error'message after entering.Just wondering if my entry went through. Sorry for posting to the forum on this. Im sure the organiser has a pain reading through all these messages.
Michael BligheMar 20 2014, 6:26pmno problem - thanks Dermot.

If anyone wants a place and has missed the dead;one, give me a shout.
Donal McKiernanMar 20 2014, 7:19pmI have also picked up an injury so am unable to take part on Saturday..If anyone want my place it looks like we can arrange a name change and organise payment between ourselves...
Donal McKiernanMar 20 2014, 7:20pmI have also picked up an injury so am unable to take part on Saturday..If anyone want my place it looks like we can arrange a name change and organise payment between ourselves...
Donal McKiernanMar 20 2014, 7:22pmI have also picked up an injury so am unable to take part on Saturday..If anyone want my place it looks like we can arrange a name change and organise payment between ourselves...
Brian O SullivanMar 20 2014, 9:11pmHi Guys I am trying to message Damian Cronin to organise a lift to the race but the site falls over when I post the message, any suggestions on how I might contact him to see if the seat is still free in his car. Thanks for the help. Brian.
DohertyMar 20 2014, 10:05pmHi,
I was trying to register this evening as a new member but was having problems with the site. By the time I got registered as an IMRA member entry was not available online for the race saturday...is there any way I can enter for Saturdays Wicklow way 25k race at this stage?
Thanks
Damian CroninMar 20 2014, 11:12pmHi Brian O Sullivan,
Seat in the car is still available.
you can contact me 086-8383642 to arrange.
Rory DohertyMar 21 2014, 7:27amHi,
if anyone has an entry they are not using for Saturday's Wicklow way 25 K run can you contact me on dohertyrory2@hotmail.com, or I can contact you. Much Appreciated, Thanks Rory
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2014, 9:02amONLINE ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED AND RACE HAS REACHED ITS CAP. NO REGISTRATIONS ON THE DAY.
You can organise a transfer if someone cannot run (a few people are asking for this).
For person dropping out: If you can pass on your entry acceptance email to your replacement, and then you will just need to organise the race entry (€20) from them to you. If the person has not run for IMRA this year, they should realise they will need to pay the €10 registration fee on the day.
Transferee: You should also have a copy of your acceptance with you as well - and they should be set to go.
If you are not on the entry list and do not have the transfer mail, you cannot enter the race.
Mark O ReganMar 21 2014, 9:18amhey, if anyone has an entry they are not using for Saturday's Wicklow way trail 25 K run can you contact me on markmregan@gmail.com or (085)1393309 and I can give you a call back, Thanks Mark
Karl WalshMar 21 2014, 9:37ami can't make the race but have not received the entry slip in my email

how can i get it sent to my email to give entry to someone else????
Kevin LynchehaunMar 21 2014, 9:38amCan anyone who is not using their entry for tomorrow contact me on 0874143355 or klynch46@yahoo.com. Thanks a mill
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2014, 9:51amKarl, are you sure were entered - you dont appear on the entry list?
Karl WalshMar 21 2014, 10:04amdermot

the money is pending on my bank account and its on my purchase history for imra got the year entry fee and race entry.

rang the bank and they said its just pending

when i did enter it came up with an error message

karl
Rory DohertyMar 21 2014, 12:08pmFolks,
just as a follow up to my previous post I have just got sorted for an entry. Cheers. Rory
Stephen BailieMar 21 2014, 12:09pmHi
just wondering were is entry list for trail race and I cant seem to access on carpool as looking for a lift from lucan / clondalkin area if anyone near there thanks. 0862498385
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2014, 12:14pmStephen, separate forum thread started by Richard - Wicklow Way Trail Start list. You are top of the list!
Stephen BailieMar 21 2014, 12:27pmThanks
Any news on carpool I cant access it
HELP
Mark O ReganMar 21 2014, 12:32pmjust as a follow up to my previous post I have just got sorted for an entry. Thanks, Mark
Paul KevilleMar 21 2014, 12:32pmI'm just enquiring about my entry. My name isn't on the entry list. I paid via the website and it shows on my purchase list on imra website. I got an error message after u entered. I checked my current account and it shows that I purchased an entry. Can anyone please clarify this for me.
Richard NunanMar 21 2014, 12:39pmHi Paul,

We will look into what happened - but you are rgistered for tomorrows race.

Thanks

Richard
Paul KevilleMar 21 2014, 12:45pmThanks for quick reply Richard. That's great.
Bren SheridanMar 21 2014, 1:05pmHi. Just to confirm is the Mandatory kit requirement just a hat, gloves and raincoat? Thanks, Bren
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2014, 1:24pmBren - yes that is the requirement and must be carried or worn by all competitors.
Everyone should be checking the weather forecast for tomorrow - will be cold, especially on the exposed areas of the course.
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2014, 1:49pmReprinting the briefing notes from earlier. Due to the forecasted weather conditions tomorrow, the mandatory equipment will be strictly enforced - you will be considering out of the race if you do not have them at any time.
Race Briefing:
1) Pre-entry only for this race - if you are not on the list, you cannot run in the race.
2) Route is strictly on the Wicklow Way. Please did not use any short-cuts ie cutting out zig-zags etc - this will be considered cheating and will result in disqualification. Safety point - runners might consider running in groups, especially if you are unfamiliar with route. See who is at a similar pace.
3) Mandatory kit requirement - this will be STRICTLY enforced. Mobile phones are not mandatory but are recommended.
4) Please note the cut off times at Ballinastoe (1pm), Crone wood (2:45pm) and Curtlestown (3:30pm) - please cooperate with the marshals if you do not reach the cut off in time.
5) Strictly no littering - please leave any litter at the water stations or bring it with you.
6) Dont forget to have your number visible/at hand at the finish so your time can be recorded. Please leave back your race number and dont forget to pick up your mug!
7) Strictly no headphones on this race - if you see anyone with them on, dont be shy about telling them to take them off.
8) No parking at the GAA club at race finish - the car park is closed there as they are extending the club house.
karl walshMar 21 2014, 2:04pmi can't make the race which i entered but have not received the entry slip in my email ..the moneys pending on my bank account

how can i get it sent to my email to give entry to someone else????
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2014, 2:08pmKarl, as it happens, race is full at this stage so entry cannot be transferred.
You should cancel or reverse the transaction with the bank.
Trevor KavanaghMar 21 2014, 2:12pmIf there's anyone still looking for a race entry let me know at trevorkavanaghis@gmail.com or 0876190255 as I can't make it tomorrow.
Trevor KavanaghMar 21 2014, 2:19pmIf there's anyone still looking for a race entry let me know at trevorkavanaghis@gmail.com or 0876190255 as I can't make it tomorrow.
karl walshMar 21 2014, 3:08pmdermot

i haven't got in touch with the bank yet but is it possible to use the race entry fee for future races as i did enter on time if the bank wont refund me the money
Stephen BailieMar 21 2014, 3:34pmAttention of PAUL KEVILLE or anyone with spare seats to WW Trail.
I'm trying to use carpool but keeps coming up error. Was hoping to maybe carpool with yourself as I live in foxborough Lucan and could maybe meet you along naas road.
Steve 0862498385
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2014, 3:52pmKarl - I cant help you with this - I would suggest that if the bank does not refund/cancel the transaction, that you contact the IMRA treasurer - Fiona Sheerin.
ian MorrinMar 21 2014, 4:46pmThis will be my first race with imra. Do I need to bring confirmation of payment for this race the printer just died on me so can take a picture on my phone will this do ? Cheers
Fergie MaughanMar 21 2014, 4:48pmTrevor, Delighted if I could use your entry. Will PM you with my details. thank, Fergie
Fergie MaughanMar 21 2014, 4:53pmTrevor, Delighted if I could use your entry. Will PM you with my details. thank, Fergie
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2014, 4:57pmIan, picture on the phone will be fine, but as you are already confirmed on the starting list, you will not have any problems.
Nicola CochraneMar 21 2014, 7:26pmEvening,

I am entered for the WW trail and have paid online but I need to be at work first thing tomorrow and wondered if it i OK if my husband collects my race number and gives me a lift to start at Ballinastoe?
Regards,

nicola c
Robert HickeyMar 23 2014, 7:23amThanks to everyone involved for a great race yesterday.
I seem to be missing from the trail results, I was bib 1725 and finished right behind person in 141st position.

Thanks
Brendan LawlorMar 23 2014, 9:58pmThank you to Dermot and all volunteers for a great race and very well organised event. Back in the day there were 6 or 7 in the long race and about 50-70 in the short race so the organisational effort involved has multiplied several fold - its a pity some of the lastminute.com brigade don't get this and make the organisers jobs a bit easier - just sayin' as they say on FaceTube
Brendan LawlorMar 23 2014, 9:59pmThank you to Dermot and all volunteers for a great race and very well organised event. Back in the day there were 6 or 7 in the long race and about 50-70 in the short race so the organisational effort involved has multiplied several fold - its a pity some of the lastminute.com brigade don't get this and make the organisers jobs a bit easier - just sayin' as they say on FaceTube
Seamus GormanMar 23 2014, 10:59pmHi there,
Finished behind the 2 ladies at 141/142 in a time just under 180 mins bib number 1919.
A lady then a guy both noted my number on separate sheets on separate clipboards a third guy collected my bib and gave me a mug but I'm not on your finishers list. Hope this can be amended..
S Gorman
Dermot MurphyMar 24 2014, 9:08amI will fix up the results over the next couple of days. I am aware of a few more that need to be updated - we will reload the correct results on the IMRA site later in the week when we have all the corrections in. If anyone sees anything else wrong, please let us know.
Many thanks to all who helped out on the day - we had JuJu. Petra, Mick, Colm and Ken on registration and finish, Derek and Mick Kellet coordinating car parking, Lindie and Santina at Ballinstoe, Mary and Diarmuid at Crone wood, Vivian at Crone wood - plus a number of others who pitched in when required. Without the help of the volunteers, the race could not go ahead.
Well done to all who took part - changeable and testing conditions on the day!
Ronan FleetwoodMar 24 2014, 10:48amI came in at 180 mins 56 seconds according to my Garmin. Race number 133.
John BellMar 24 2014, 2:04pmThe four seasons weather made it interesting - my jacket & hat were on, off, on, off the whole way. The passing showers were nice if you were running but not so if you were standing around for a long day at the water stations and finish. Thanks to Dermot and all the volunteers on what was a really enjoyable event.
Robert HickeyMar 25 2014, 9:35amFor anyone updating the results later this week:
My garmin had 179:28 and my bib is 1725

Thanks
Dermot MurphyMar 28 2014, 8:49amJust wanted to thank all the volunteers for helping out on the day - without whom the race could not take place. Many thanks to all who helped out at registration - Colm, Petra, JuJu, Richard and Brian, parking marshals - Derek and Mick Kellett, Padraig Doyle and Mick Hanney, marshals - Lindie and Santina at halfway, Henny at Lough Tay, Mary and Diarmuid O'Colmain at Crone Wood, and Vivian at Curtlestown, at the finish - JuJu, Petra, Ken, plus Lindie again! Also thanks to anyone else who helped out on the day and also Hilary for the mugs!
And well done to the race winners, Aidan and Niamh!
See you all next year!

PS - revised results will be up shortly.
Jim SchofieldMar 28 2014, 9:25amI ran the Trail last Saturday and had a ball.

Many thanks to all concerned, I don't know your names yet but hopefully will over the coming months.

Many thanks again.
Jim SchofieldMar 28 2014, 9:49amOoops, wrong race !
Kevin LynchehaunMar 28 2014, 10:55amAny idea of when the results of the trail will be updated? Just to note my race number was 1642 but was logged under Paul Grant, position 55. Thanks
Thomas KeeleyMar 28 2014, 1:28pmI ran the WWT on Saturday but am yet to see my time or even proof I participated is anything been done about this problem cause I know it happened a few people my number is 246 and my name is TJ Keeley I recorded my time and I had 193mins I think.
Dermot MurphyMar 28 2014, 2:43pmI have already said the results will be updated shortly - how many times do I have to say it??? I have fixed them on the lap top and sent the revised results on to be uploaded on to the website - out of my hands now.
jill WalkerApr 6 2014, 11:03amI am just curious - could anyone who ran the Wicklow Way Trail with a Garmin tell me the exact distance in km? Thanks.