Irish Mountain
Running Association

Leinster Champs

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyJan 26 2014, 5:38pmA nice set of races lined up. Good to see some new routes to spice things up.
Paul SmythJan 26 2014, 6:18pmI agree it's great to have new routes and also to see the return of routes like Fraughen Rock Glen.

Can I ask though, in the interest of fairness, that the route descriptions/maps for any new routes be posted as soon as possible. It has sometimes been the case that new routes have not had this information available until very close to race day. As a case in point, next weeks Ticknock race takes place on a new route, but with a week to go there is no concrete route information on the webpage for that race.
John CondonJan 26 2014, 6:59pmHi Paul,
Here's the Garmin route for Ticknock.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/435239347
Aidan RoeFeb 3 2014, 2:42pmPaul
apologies for the delay. I’ve only gotten back onto MyImra now. Here’s the race directions. I think they’re self explanatory. Can’t get map up just yet.

Start at Glendalogh Hotel. Follow St. Kevin’s Way until the old mine works are reached. Slightly past these a smaller trail veers off to left. This trail can be followed with care to just below steepening on to east shoulder to Camaderry East Top. You are now on main track across Camaderry. Follow high ground /track until Turlough Hill is reached. Runners must pass around upper reservoir (west side). From top your descent to Wicklow Gap is up to yourselves. There will be a cut off at Wicklow Gap. There will also be a short course option back down St Kevin’s Way from here.
Continue to top of Tonlagee. From here descend to the Brockaghs. Care advised here if weather is poor to avoid mistakes. Tracks and paths are inclined to pull you towards Glenmacnass. Once on top of Brockagh follow track until it hits the Wicklow Way. A short run along Wicklow Way to finish at Hotel. Care is advised by tired runners making road crossing just before hotel. Hopefully we’ll have a marshal in place. Map to follow shortly.
Prize giving in hotel

Aidan RoeApr 21 2014, 10:31amBump.