Irish Mountain
Running Association

Errors posting messages to forum

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyMar 24 2014, 11:36amHi,
Anyone else get errors when posting responses to forum messages? I don't have the error txt to hand but it gives the impresssion that the message didn't post, which makes you try again. Low and behold then you have repeated posts on the forum. Judging from lots of repeated posts on the forum recently it would appear that this is a common problem?
Regards,
Mick
Mick HanneyMar 24 2014, 11:37amI just got an Application Error posting the previous message yet it did post...
I'm using a standard Windows PC.
Eoin KeithMar 24 2014, 10:36pmThis should be fixed now. It seems to take its time making a post, so make sure to give it a bit of time. The error has been debugged out anyway.
Mick HanneyMar 25 2014, 9:20am
Thanks Eoin
Jim FitzharrisJun 9 2014, 4:17pmThis sounds like I am stupid (no comment please!) but I cannot post a forum message when logged onto myIMRA.

I can compose the message but there is no Submit reply option!

I have to log out and then enter my full details plus the captcha words, etc. in order to post a message.

Cheers,

Jim.
Eoin KeithJun 9 2014, 4:23pmNo you're not mad. I just heard about this bug a few minutes ago from someone else, and verified it. It seems to be an issue with older versions of Internet Explorer. I'll see if I can figure it out and correct it. In the meantime, using a better browser will make the problem go away!
Jim FitzharrisJun 9 2014, 4:30pmThanks Eoin.

I may call you as a witness yet to quote your opinion on my madness (or otherwise) !

We use IE 9 in the office. Standard issue I am afraid so no scope to use Firefox or Chrome. I could ask to be upgraded to IE 10 or 11.

I have noticed that some websites appear to treat the latest versions of IE as if they are old version of the software. When this happens at home (where I use IE 11), I have to use Firefox instead.

Cheers,

Jim.
Diarmuid O'ColmainJun 9 2014, 5:55pmJim

what Eoin meant was that your experience of posting items to the forum could not be used as evidence of your insanity. I can see how his loose formulation of this point may have misled you (and others indeed!) but I'm not sure you should be calling anyone as a witness in this regard!

Only joking of course (well, half-joking!)

See you on a hilltop sometime soon.

I am using Safari and all seems to go smoothly with this (Apple Mac)
Eoin KeithJun 9 2014, 10:02pmRight lads, that should be fixed now. Post here, or email me directly, if you're still having issues. Thanks for letting me know!
Eoin KeithJun 9 2014, 10:07pmOh the irony... the last fix introduced a slight bug in the email sending from the forum. That should hopefully be fixed also!