Irish Mountain
Running Association

Setanta Rogaine 2014

AuthorDateMessage
Rachel CinnsealachApr 7 2014, 10:16pmThe 17th Setanta Rogaine Ireland will take place on the weekend of June 28th/29th, 2014.
Entries are now open.

To enter visit http://setantaorienteers.org/rogaine
Please note the website is running slowly so be patient with your entries.

Start Location:
The start location will be announced in the weeks before the event.

Start Times:
24 Hour Event - 2pm Saturday, 28th June
6 Hour Event - 8am Sunday, 29th June

Finish Times: Both events will finish 2pm on Sunday, 29th June
Prize giving: Prize giving will take place not later than 15:00 on Sunday.

Categories:
6 Hour Individual
6 Hour Team
24 Hour Team
Pól Ó MurchúApr 7 2014, 10:36pmThis is a fantastic event for anyone thinking about doing it. Last year was my first Rogaine and really enjoyed it. Great event to challenge yourself with a bit of Nav and at the same time nice and relaxing as you've 24 hour to do. highly recommended!
Kevin O'RiordanJun 5 2014, 10:33pmHi guys,

Just a reminder to get your entries in if you're thinking of doing this.

Entries page is at: http://www.setantaorienteers.org/rogaine

Conor MurphyJun 10 2014, 3:04pmWas just asked to enter as a team with another yesterday evening. Never really thought about it before. Would have okay navigating skills, do a bit of walking so can point and go with confidence. However not great at say more technical aspects like triangulation to work out position or pacing on different terrains.

How much navigating skill is needed?
Justin ReaJun 11 2014, 4:08pm@Conor the better you are at navigating, the faster you will get around the course!

That said, you can get by with rudimentary navigation during the day, but it is more difficult at night. By making easier route choices you can be less dependent on navigation skills.

It is important to have one good navigator on team, but in a 24 hour event they need to share the load.
Rachel CinnsealachJun 11 2014, 10:25pmIs there anyone looking for a Rogaine partner? A friend of mine's partner has pulled out but he still wants to do it. Dave would be fit enough, he has done a fair few 24 hour plus events and ranked highly enough. I did the Rogaine with him last year and he's great to team up with :) Let me know if you are interested? I guess he'd be aiming to stay out all night and do the best he can, he won't be aiming for a win though! Email me on rachelcinnsealach at gmail dot com if you are interested.
Rachel CinnsealachJun 24 2014, 11:17pm“Last call for entries to Rogaine 2014. Details on and entry www.setantaorienteers.org Entry closes Wednesday 25th June. Any queries to rogaineireland2014@setantaorienteers.ie Look forward to your entry.”
All the best
Dave
Brían O'MearaJun 30 2014, 4:58pmAny update on who won?
Kevin O'RiordanJun 30 2014, 5:05pm3 person team consisting of Paul Mahon, Rachel Nolan and Adrian Hennessy. Full results here: http://www.orienteering.ie/result2?oaction=fullSIResult&id=2317 . Each team member appears as a separate entry at the moment (you should be able to figure out the teams from the scores and times though). Will fix it this evening.