Irish Mountain
Running Association

Water bottles in Djouce woods

AuthorDateMessage
Rachel WisdomApr 14 2014, 8:34amHi,
A bit of an odd post but does anybody know if there was an event held in Djouce Woods over the last two weeks that would have had a water stop coming up or down the steep fire road from Paddock Pond to the shoulder of Djouce? I ran this way on Saturday and the ditches are littered with about 30 water bottles all the way to the top of the fire road :(. These weren't here two weeks ago. All the bottles are empty and more or less the same brand. If you know who held this event maybe you'd just ask them to do a quick litter sweep.

Thanks,
Rachel.
James H CahillApr 14 2014, 10:49amHi Rachel,

I am aware that a local school had a large run in Djouce last week with their water station positioned in the area described. It is highly likely the bottles are from this run.I have contacted the school, highlighted your observation and suggested that they send someone to clear the bottles. I have not heard back as of yet.
James H CahillApr 14 2014, 12:38pmThe school have replied. They had thought they had collected all the bottles but some have obviously been missed. They will have staff members walk the entire course on Tuesday and pick up any remaining bottles. They are grateful that you highlighted the issue, apologetic that bottles were left and will address it promptly (tomorrow Tuesday)