Irish Mountain
Running Association

Hellfire Spring

AuthorDateMessage
Henny BrandsmaJan 18 2017, 11:17amHi there as I volunteered to mark this race,I am a bit confused about the route mentioned in the description on web side,are we running the old winter-race ,with two laps on the forest track past the old house on the top ,or one large loop as we did last year,another route could be one smaller loop followed by a larger loop down to the Brimstone anti clockwise ending up at the top trail and following trail over the main forest trail back to finish,not using the steep hill coming down,as there is no race-director for this race at the moment,can anybody give any clarification regarding the course.I will be away till next Monday,but would like to inspect route before next Saturday.you can contact me at 087-7604825 or e-mail at hennybrandsma@yahoo.ie.
Laura FlynnJan 19 2017, 6:18pmI've emailed you directly on this Henny and thanks for offering to mark.
Vivian O'GormanJan 23 2017, 2:07pmHi All -

Looking for volunteers for next Saturday please -

Shadow Laptop Operator
First Aid Person
Course Marshals
Start/Finish

I will post all information about the Hellfire race tomorrow night...
Tim ChapmanJan 23 2017, 2:15pmHi Vivian,

I have volunteered I will have my little ones with me I hope that can be factored in.

Thanks
Tim
Vivian O'GormanJan 25 2017, 10:36amI am still looking for more volunteers -

A First Aid Person - Shadow Laptop Operator and Volunteers for race registration and finish..

Information on the race will be up tonight..
Vivian O'GormanJan 25 2017, 10:43amI posted above notice under Hellfire Spring but appears under Route Course on forum???
Jeff SwordsJan 25 2017, 7:39pmHi Vivian, I've put myself down as a non runner, I can do whatever but first aid.
Vivian O'GormanJan 25 2017, 7:53pmHi Folks - some info on Hellfire Spring

The race will start at 11am

Race registration is in The Merry Plough Boy - directions on the event page

Registration will open at 9.30am and close at 10.30am. There will be NO entries taken at the Hellfire Club. So get up and get out early!!

As this race is under 8k there will be no early start and Juniors are allowed to run the full course

Don't forget to Pre Enter before 6pm next Friday - 27th January

If you have run the Howth race two weeks ago and you have race vouchers then just turn up. Remember to bring your race number - your timing chip and your mandatory jacket.If you forget your number and/or your timing chip and/or your jacket there will be penalties!!

If this is your first race this year and you have race vouchers from last year you can use them at this race but remember to go to myimra and pay your IMRA membership fee of 10Euro. After all this is a new year.

To those of you who have never run an IMRA race before or indeed have't run one for a while you HAVE to Pre Enter this race BEFORE 6pm next Friday - 27th January.Just go to the home page and click on myimra and then purchase IMRA products.

Everybody running this race must sign in whether you have race vouchers or have pre entered or both. You have to collect your race number and your timing chip and please remember to bring a longsleeved rain jacket with you. This is mandatory.

Prizegiving will be in The Merry Plough Boy after the race so why not carpool from there. Parking at the Hellfire Club is always very tight.

Can all the volunteers please be at The Merry Plough Boy by 9.15am in order to set up registration.I will be in touch with you all by Friday.

Speaking of which I still need a First Aid Person and more volunteers either running or non running. As far as I know I don't bite!!

If I have forgotten anything just post here

Thank You everybody...
Liam CannonJan 26 2017, 8:46amVivian,

I'm happy to be a running volunteer. I'll be getting a spin over and will likely be at the Merry Ploughboy around ten. Is that any use to you? I'll sign up now if so.
Philip DunneJan 26 2017, 8:54amHi Vivian

I was due to pick up a book of race vouchers at Howth but they had all gone when I was signing in on the day

Am I correct in assuming that I can pick them up at the Merry Ploughboy on Sat and that I don't need to pre-register for the race as I'll be using a voucher?

Thanks

Philip
Vivian O'GormanJan 26 2017, 1:17pmHi Guys - Philip thats no problem just see me before you sign in...
Liam thats fine. See you at 10..

First Aid Person urgently needed...
Lorcan FarrellJan 26 2017, 2:19pmHey Vivian, I'll do first aid on saturday. I'll see you down the Merry Ploughboy. I can do registration duties also.
Philip DunneJan 26 2017, 3:39pmThanks Vivian - see u on Saturday
P
Laura kedneyJan 26 2017, 3:53pmHi there,
I saw somewhere online that there is a kids specific course. Can you let me know if this is happening?
I am thinking of bringing my 9 year old and she can run this while i do the main event?
Thank you
Tom PowerJan 26 2017, 4:35pmHi, I registered and have my chip and number for this year. If I purchase a voucher book today, can I collect it on saturday in the Merry Ploughboy? Do i need to register for this particular race online too?
Thanks
Tom
Laura FlynnJan 26 2017, 4:52pmYes tom, vouchers will be available for collection at Saturday's race.
I don't think there's a kiddies race on Saturday.
Tom PowerJan 26 2017, 4:53pmThanks laura
Vivian O'GormanJan 26 2017, 5:18pmSorry Laura but there is no kiddies race on Saturday...

Don't forget everybody pre-registration closes at 6pm tomorrow - Friday and we HAVE to be out of The Merry Ploughboy at 10.30am so get there early!!

Please carpool from the pub...
Vivian O'GormanJan 26 2017, 5:20pmThanks Lot can for looking after the First Aid. I will be in touch...
Nauset GonzalezJan 26 2017, 6:33pmGood afternoon..
I want to participate in the race, it is my first race and I am registered in IMRA.

What are the steps to take for beginners.
I have a race number

Tips and help please
Laura FlynnJan 26 2017, 7:00pmWelcome to IMRA Nauset. If this is the first time you've done an IMRA race you will need to have registered for the year and you should bring your acknowledgement email and confirmation of your race number. You should also register for Saturday s race unless you intend using a voucher.
If you click on the "beginners" section on the bottom the homepage this will answer most of your questions. It is a tough sport though so you would need to have a good level of fitness and appropriate gear and shoes. I will be at the race registration on Sat morning if you have any other questions.
Henny BrandsmaJan 26 2017, 8:30pmHi all,route will be same as last year,so starting at barrier at the Carpark up the steep ride past the house ,all the way to end turn right at end of forest trail meeting the use all trail back up to the house do the same lap again as before,coming again out by the house on the top turn left down the steep ride and back to the finish,race is mostly on forest trail.see you on Saturday Henny.
Trevor DavisJan 26 2017, 10:12pmHi...im totally new to this.I've registered for the year.I've purchased €50 worth of tokens but I can't seem to register for the Hellfire race online. What am I missing??
Richard MoriartyJan 26 2017, 10:30pmHey Nauset and Henry,

My first race too, so sounds like a few newbies...good luck for Sat
Richard MoriartyJan 26 2017, 10:30pmHey Nauset and Henry,

My first race too, so sounds like a few newbies...good luck for Sat
Kevin O'RiordanJan 26 2017, 10:38pmHi Trevor,

If you've bought the 50 euro worth of vouchers, then no need to pre-register for the Hellfire race. Just turn up at the race with your receipt for the vouchers, collect your vouchers and use one of the vouchers to pay for the race there and then.

Kevin.
Trevor DavisJan 26 2017, 11:00pmThanks a mill Kevin.
Pól Ó MurchúJan 27 2017, 1:00amJust a couple of reminders in particular for anyone who is new to IMRA or hasn't run in a few years. If you ran at Howth you will have collected your Race Number. This is your number for the year so please remember to bring it with you.

You should also have received your Race Chip for the year at Howth. These are expensive to buy as they need to be bought in bulk and it is rather costly to replace small numbers of these mid year. The first one is given free but if you loose it you will need to purchase a replacement on the Website. This has now been set up in the Shop for anyone who has already lost it...and yes there is at least one or two out there...When you are logged into "MyImra" you will see it on the "Purchase Imra Products" it is down the bottom here and the cost is €5. I am aware there is no text showing for the product yet and am looking to get that fixed asap. You will need to purchase this and either print the email confirmation or have confirmation on your phone to show when you are collecting your replacement chip. If you were one of the few people who "forgot" to collect your chip at Howth please don't forget to collect it again!

Finally just one last thing on the chips. Obvious to most but not so for all it would seem...These are designed to be worn on your shoe they cannot be read if they are in your pocket or your bag or your car for that matter... If you still need some help with this here is a useful video showing how to attach the chip to your shoe:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_i0QNbqO00

Now if you are one of the special people who don't have shoelaces let us know and we can help with that also...

That's all for now. If you are running this weekend goodluck.

See you on a hill soon,
P
Craig DeeryJan 27 2017, 8:42amGood morning, I can't see the event in Purchase IMRA Products, please advise, thanks.
Renata RogicJan 27 2017, 9:55amAnyone passing on the red cow maybe?
I am sharing cost for petrol.
Brendan PollardJan 27 2017, 10:27amRenata.

I just got your email this morning. i can pick up at the redcow but will be there around 9am. I plan to do a little run prior to volunteer work. I will probably run a second lap of course after race so if you don't mind staying around for a while after I can also drop you back to redcow.

Bren
Bill HallidenJan 27 2017, 10:38amHi I have registered for the year but this will be my first race......I am looking at the Purchase IMRA products now and the Hellfire Event is not there to allow you to pre-register.....any suggestions
Brendan O'KeeffeJan 27 2017, 12:02pmYou can now purchase for the Hellfire event tomorrow online until 6pm today. The product has been added to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS section.
Sharon FlanaganJan 27 2017, 12:05pmHi, This is my first IMRA race, I have registered online, Presume I can get my race number at the Merry Ploughboy in the morning? Also, just wondering about the route in relation to the parking. If the parking and registration is at The Merry Ploughboy is the start there as well or do we have to make our way over to the Hellfire Club carpak before the race? I might get dropped over rather than driving myself and parking, so just wondering. Finally, have done some trail running but not very experienced so are there likey to be other, slower runners at the back??
Craig DeeryJan 27 2017, 1:23pmRegistered now, thanks for sorting that out Brendan.
Vivian O'GormanJan 27 2017, 1:31pmHi Sharon - yes to both questions. Collect your number in the morning and make your own way to the Hellfire and don't worry about the run there will be loads behind ya!!
Brian E O'ConnorJan 27 2017, 7:05pmForgive me but I forgot to register for tomorrow's race before the deadline.
Is there any way I can still do it?
Laura FlynnJan 27 2017, 7:15pmIf you've registered for the year Brian you should be ok as you should be able to buy a voucher from another runner. If you haven't registered for 2017 you can't run until you do so and that registration is now closed until after tomorrow's race.
Brian E O'ConnorJan 27 2017, 7:18pmUnfortunately, I haven't registered for 2017 so I will have to wait until next time. Thanks for the reply.
Bill HallidenJan 27 2017, 8:05pmHi Brendan unfortunately this is the first chance I have had to go online since this morning and the Hellfire event is gone again.....can I arrive tomorrow mroning without prior registration
Laura FlynnJan 27 2017, 8:12pmYou can run tomorrow Bill by using a race voucher to pay, whether begged , borrowed or stolen. The only provisio being that you mist have already registered for 2017. It's not clear to me from your post whether you have or not?
Don ShortJan 27 2017, 8:53pmJust decided to do this race tomorrow but I see that I'm too late to register. Have vouchers so can I just run on a temp number if I promise to register for 2017?
Vivian O'GormanJan 27 2017, 10:25pmHi Don - Unfortunately you can't.You have to register for 2017 first - then you can use your vouchers.
Karen DevenneyJan 27 2017, 11:11pmAnnual registration is closed now until after tomorrow's race
Alan KilbrideJan 28 2017, 9:28amWhen Google maps says your at the pub for registration, your likely not. Keep going up the road towards the hills for another 3 minutes!!
Owen FletcherJan 28 2017, 2:16pmHa..yeh glad I checked out Street View first as there are 2 Merry Plough Boys on Google maps.
Great race, that steep drop off the trail was cruel and added even more climbing this year...love it :-)
Thanks to all the volunteers, great job.
Mick HanneyJan 28 2017, 2:47pmGreat race today. Who knew that such a short race could be so tough. Lovely route. Thanks Viv and all volunteers.
Brendan O'KeeffeJan 28 2017, 4:53pmQuality race today. First of many for the year. Great weather and well organised as usual. Timing chips are a great idea.
Philip DunneJan 28 2017, 5:07pmTough auld spin today but lovely morning for it.
And very well run - well done IMRA

I lost my timing chip somewhere up there this morning
I don't suppose anyone found it?

Cheers
P
Jim FitzharrisJan 28 2017, 7:40pmPhilip,

Adrian Tucker found a timing chip. I told him to give it to Vivian to place in the RD kit.

Cheers,

Jim.
Vivian O'GormanJan 28 2017, 8:00pmA big THANK YOU to everybody who helped me at todays race.No problem was too big or too small and all done in great humour!
A well marked course by Henny and his marshalls Adrian and Jeff and a well managed car park by Justin and Donal.

A Race Director is needed for the Brockagh race next week end.Also more Volunteers. Don't be put off the Race Director role.There are plenty of us who will help - guide and advise.Just go for it!!
Vivian O'GormanJan 28 2017, 8:03pmTiming Chip with Karen Devenny...
Philip DunneJan 28 2017, 8:22pmThat's great about the chip - thanks

I presume i pick it up at the next meet and will i be able to verify it's mine.
I wouldn't like my snail like times to get attributed to the wrong person!
Andrew HanneyJan 28 2017, 8:47pmGreat race today, thanks so much to Vivian and all the volunteers!
Karen DevenneyJan 28 2017, 9:18pmWell done to Vivian & co for a great race and to Henny for what appears to have been a great course!
Results are up, if there are any issues please email me at karen.devenney at imra dot ie.

Philip, yes your chip should be at the next race and can be identified as it's the only one with part of a keyring attached to it....please attach the chip to your shoe using your laces next time!
Andrew HanneyJan 29 2017, 3:52pmAttn Tommy Galvin, I think I have some gloves belonging to you. I'll bring them to brockagh.
Richard DunneJan 30 2017, 8:37pmReally nice event. Roll on next one. Well done all.

If anyone picked up a north face body warmer in carpark please let us know ;) ?