Irish Mountain
Running Association

Navigation for mountain runners - Intermediate/advanced

AuthorDateMessage
Tanya SheridanFeb 24 2017, 3:59pmHi everyone,

Paul Nolan has agreed to run two further half day courses in navigation skills for mountain runners – one beginners and one intermediate/advanced. Further details on the intermediate/advanced course is below. There is a separate thread for the beginners course.

We will give priority to anyone who was on the wait list for last year’s event as long as they respond confirming their attendance on the appropriate thread by the end of the day on Monday February 27. The wait list is: Brendan Neville, Christopher Willoughby, Donna Mahon and Morgan O'Halloran.

Intermediate/advanced:

- Date: Sunday March 26.

- Time: 10.30 to 2.00/2.30 pm

- Meeting place: Shay Elliot memorial carpark, grid T130922

- Cost: Eur 30 (please bring cash on the day)

- What to bring:

**As this course will be open mountain, warm clothes are a must.**

You will also need your compass.

Paul will provide a standard map for each participant to use for the session.

We have capacity for eight more people, subject to the wait list priority. Please indicate your interest by responding below. If your plans subsequently change and you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as you can.

Please try to car pool as much as you can.

Many thanks to Paul for making this course available!

The Committee
Morgan O'HalloranFeb 24 2017, 8:49pmPlease sign me up for this.

I'll renew my membership in the meantime.

Not running at the moment due our new bay girl , but Im dying to get the hang of mountain navigation.
Karolina KomendantFeb 25 2017, 12:26amHi,

I'd like to sign up as well :)

Thanks
K
Christopher WilloughbyFeb 26 2017, 10:47pmHi, unfortunately I can't make this date but would still be keen if there is another date added!
Paul NolanMar 13 2017, 10:29amJust bumping this up a bit.
And clarifying that the session is on Sunday rather than Saturday as I mistakenly mentioned yesterday.
S.M. GriffithMar 13 2017, 5:51pmAhhhhh the one Sunday I can't do either! Would do otherwise. Thanks so much for yesterday Paul. Am looking forward to practicing my new skills.
Morgan O'HalloranMar 14 2017, 7:31amUnfortunately due to injury , I am going to have to pull out of this.
I am hoping you can find someone else to take my place.
Andrew HanneyMar 15 2017, 9:19pmI'll be there.
Andrew HanneyMar 21 2017, 1:18pmWill this go ahead?
Paul NolanMar 21 2017, 4:28pmHi Andrew
Yes, I'll be there map in hand.
Andrew HanneyMar 21 2017, 6:05pmExcellent!
Andrew HanneyMar 26 2017, 10:00amPaul, am on the way, but about 10 mins late sorry.
Andrew HanneyMar 26 2017, 4:21pmA great day in the hills, learning how to navigate. Can't recommend it enough. Thanks Paul!