Irish Mountain
Running Association

Scalp

AuthorDateMessage
Vivian O'GormanMay 5 2017, 6:22pmHi Folks,

Next stop is the short and sweet Scalp!!

I need a Laptop Operator and a couple of course marshalls. I have a Summit Marshall - Joe Lalor

Race Registration is in a field on the Ballyman Road. The directions are on the events page.

Registration will open at 6.15pm and close at 7.15pm sharp.

Please don't forget your Jacket - Race Number and Timing Chip - if you have one.

Everyone MUST sign in whether you have a race voucher,pre entry or collecting your voucher. Print out the receipt or have it on your phone.

Remember Pre Entries close at 6pm on Tuesday evening.

The race start is an uphill walk/jog of 10/15 minutes from the field.So get there early.

There will be NO race entries taken at the race start - no exceptions!!

As this is a short race, between 5 and 6k, there will be no early starts and Juniors aged 16 to 19 can run the full course.

Juniors under 16 can run the first loop and finish in the car park.

Car parking will be in the same field as race registration at 3euro per car. So car pooling is advisable.

There is NO car parking at the race start.

Prizegiving this year is in The Step Inn in Stepaside.
Angus TynerMay 5 2017, 6:40pmIf Jason stepped into full laptop role, I'd do running shadow Laptop and would make sure he'd manage while I ran.
Hazel ThompsonMay 7 2017, 9:28pmI'd be happy to be a marshal anywhere on the course.
Vivian O'GormanMay 8 2017, 6:09pmThank you to all the volunteers for Wednesday night next - including Paul,Hazel and Cathy. The system won't let me "accept" you at the momment. I have enough volunteers now...

If you could all be at the race registration as close to 6pm as possible.I will assign duties as you arrive.

Some general notes -

Pre entry will close at 6pm tomorrow evening - Tuesday - absolutely NO entries after that!!

Everybody MUST sign in i.e. pre entries - vouchers and new vouchers

Don't forget your Jacket - race number and timing chip...
Vivian O'GormanMay 8 2017, 9:20pm@ Angus - Jason has said that he will do the Laptop with your assistance...
Angus TynerMay 8 2017, 9:30pmGrand, have put myself down as running shadow laptop.
Vivian O'GormanMay 9 2017, 1:17pmDon't forget pre entries close at 6pm this evening - so enter NOW!!

Parking tomorrow evening is 3Euro per car - please car pool...

See you all at the Scalp...
Anna MusialMay 9 2017, 3:22pmHi there,
Is anyone driving to the event from the Dundrum area and has a space in the car?
thanks,
Anna
Stefanie UnlandMay 9 2017, 3:44pmI just bought annual membership, I still have race vouchers from last year. Will this be enough to participate in Scalp race tomorrow? My new race no is 1567. Last year there were no race chips, but I am assuming there will be a race chip on the new bib which I can pick up tomorrow before the race, correct? (i. e. no need to purchase race chip separately on purchase imra products... tab?)
Shane O'MalleyMay 9 2017, 3:45pmHi Anna,

I am going from Sandyford area if you could jump on the Luas.

Any good to you?

Shane
Shane O'MalleyMay 9 2017, 3:45pmHi Anna,

I am going from Sandyford area if you could jump on the Luas.

Any good to you?

Shane
Gordon PlaceMay 9 2017, 3:59pmStefanie,
The vouchers are OK if they are last year's and not older. You will get your new no. and your chip to keep for the year tomorrow. The chip must go on your shoe, tied to laces. Won't work otherwise. If you lose it, you can buy another on the purchases page
Anna MusialMay 9 2017, 4:33pmHi Shane,
I can jump on Luas no problem. Could we meet up than a bit later that 17:30. Is it ok with you?
Anna
Shane O'MalleyMay 9 2017, 5:05pmHi Anna,

Sure no problem. It is about a 20 min drive to registration so anytime before 6:15 would probably be ok.

Text me on 086 0607120 for details.

Shane
Shane O'MalleyMay 9 2017, 5:05pmHi Anna,

Sure no problem. It is about a 20 min drive to registration so anytime before 6:15 would probably be ok.

Text me on 086 0607120 for details.

Shane
Maola­osa McHughMay 10 2017, 8:47amHi, I was down to volunteer tonight but I have to pull out due to illness. I thought I would have recovered by now. Apologies about this.
Vivian O'GormanMay 10 2017, 12:40pmThanks Maolaosa I hope you get better soon..
Inigo AlanaMay 10 2017, 12:42pmVivian, I'm not feeling my best either. You seem to have a lot of volunteers so I'm pulling out. Let me know if you get stuck. In any case I won't be exerting myself tonight...
Louisa O'SullivanMay 10 2017, 1:17pmHi Vivian, are you stuck for helpers now? I am happy to help out if you need anyone, I'm travelling down with Hazel and was in two minds about running ( as I haven't since last September !!) so count me in if you need me.
Louisa O'SullivanMay 10 2017, 1:17pmHi Vivian, are you stuck for helpers now? I am happy to help out if you need anyone, I'm travelling down with Hazel and was in two minds about running ( as I haven't since last September !!) so count me in if you need me.
Alan KinsellaMay 10 2017, 1:28pmHi, Is it too late to buy a voucher for this one race ?
Gordon PlaceMay 10 2017, 1:37pmAlan,
I sure someone will sell you one there, I'm no. 28 if you see me beforehand
Alan KinsellaMay 10 2017, 1:56pmFair play Gordon thanks
Conor O'FarrellMay 10 2017, 2:58pmIf anyone is headin to Ashbourne/Ratoath direction after the race, I would be grateful of a lift.

Cheers
Con
michael mccarthyMay 10 2017, 3:07pmI forgot my chip today. is it possible to use another one tonight. I definitely haven't lost it but don't have time to go get it before the race tonight
Vivian O'GormanMay 10 2017, 3:57pmMichael see me when you get there - no promises!!
Pól Ó MurchúMay 10 2017, 6:03pmHi Conor, I can prob give you a lift back as long as you are not in a rush as I'll be heading prizegiving.
Conor O'FarrellMay 10 2017, 10:58pmThanks Pól. I managed to get sorted anyway.

Cheers
Con
Andrew HanneyMay 11 2017, 8:26amThanks to Vivian and volunteers for a super race at the scalp. It was great to see so many people out on a glorious Wednesday evening. Pity the route has been tarnished so much by manicuring with hardcore and fire.
John J BarryMay 11 2017, 9:07amAfter three years volunteering at "The Scalp" got the change to run it again. Boy did I enjoy it!! Well done to Vivian and his crew for a well organised event. Well done to Jason for his '"first time" laptop duties, an enjoyable but thankless task, he deserved his box of sweets last night.
James H CahillMay 11 2017, 8:58pmThank you Vivian and all your volunteers for a great fun loop of Scalp and Environs. Great speedy "fun"
Karen DevenneyMay 11 2017, 9:37pmWell done to Vivian & co for a fantastic race in the beautiful sunshine last night. Special thanks also to Jason for taking on the laptop under the guidance of Angus, a job well done! Results are now up, drop me a mail if there are any issues
See ya'll next week