Irish Mountain
Running Association

Lift from Bray to Kilmashogue Saturday morning Wicklow Way Relay

AuthorDateMessage
Wiep IdzengaMay 11 2017, 10:34amHi, I'm a sports journalist from The Netherlands. For magazine Runner's World I'll be following the Wicklow Way Relay on Saturday. I'm staying in Bray Friday night. A very kind participant offered me a lift to the end of leg 1, leaving 07.30 from Bray.

But I don't wanna miss the start on Kilmashogue,at 07.00, that's interesting for the story.

Is there anyone coming from Bray or passing Bray on the way to the start? And would it be possible for me to come along? Thanks in advance!

Regards, Wiep Idzenga
wieprich@gmail.com
Jason KehoeMay 12 2017, 10:37amHi Wiep,

Glad to have you along for the day. I can't pick you up from your location as I'll be kicking off the race at 7am, but you are welcome to travel with us for the day and see the race from the RD point of view and liaising with the volunteers throughout the route. I'm sure we can also arrange for you to travel with various teams throughout the race as well, you might like to get the different perspectives of lead teams, mid packers and those bringing up the rear of the race.

Thanks,
Jason

jason@ChampionsEverywhere.com
Rene BorgMay 12 2017, 1:14pmSome background information that may be useful Wiep:

http://www.mountain-runner.com/2017/05/preview-wicklow-way-relay-2017.html
Wiep IdzengaMay 12 2017, 2:52pmThank you, Jason and Rene, I just got a lift so i'll be there in time. Like to hear and see as much as possible tomorrow. Everything for a good story.

Gareth Little also offerred me too take me along with his team. We'll mix it. Looking forward to it!