Jenny Uí ShéMay 12 2017, 9:16amHi Bronagh
Hope you are well. I am down to volunteer as a helper at
Sorrel hill but I will have done the first Aid training
Day on 20 may and think it would be good if I got straight
Into it! Is that ok with you? I have done several occupational
First aids as I am an osteopath.
Thanking you
Jenny
Michael DevineMay 15 2017, 7:23pmI am down for non-running volunteer. I can do course-marshal / summit-marshal if you need to fill that role.
Michael DevineMay 15 2017, 7:23pmI am down for non-running volunteer. I can do course-marshal / summit-marshal if you need to fill that role.
Bronagh CheethamMay 16 2017, 3:56pmGreat Jenny, have switched you to first aid - thanks
Michael, that's perfect - will note you as a marshal nearer the time.
Bronagh CheethamMay 16 2017, 3:57pmIf someone with access, can update this thread to Sorrell Hill Volunteering please - tks in advance ;-)
Jenny Uí ShéMay 16 2017, 4:59pmHi Bronagh if someone would like to do first aid with me that would be nice but only if another person can. As I mentioned I'll be doing the training on the 20th. Thanks Jenny
Jenny Uí ShéMay 20 2017, 3:50pmHi again Bronagh
I'm afraid I've unvolunteered from sorrel hill. Hope
You find a new first aid officer. Alas I turned up for training
Today along with 8 others and sadly the
Trainer didn't turn up. I'm afraid I wouldn't
Feel up to it without the training and it's a long
Old hike from me in north Wexford.
Hope it goes well! Jenny
Bronagh CheethamMay 23 2017, 9:13amAh Jenny that's a real shame re the training. no problem at all, completely understand. Im sure someone will step in ...
Bronagh CheethamMay 25 2017, 10:42am***Volunteers required****
friendly reminder that I need volunteers for Sorrell Hill so I can get the prep underway. U know what to do please ;-)
Trooperstown looks in pretty good shape at moment - maybe a couple more for extra marshalling roles etc so fill those slots first and then any overspill please put yourself down for Sorrell hill. thanks in advance. Bronagh
Bronagh CheethamJun 1 2017, 5:24pmMore volunteers required please incl race marker or if have enough marshalls signed up will go with an unmarked course. Tks
Elio MacukaJun 2 2017, 1:52ami would like to volunteer as a non runner...but my only problem is carpool...so if anybody from the other volunteers have a spare place in the car, will be very happy to get along
Elio MacukaJun 2 2017, 1:52ami would like to volunteer as a non runner...but my only problem is carpool...so if anybody from the other volunteers have a spare place in the car, will be very happy to get along
Gail NicolsonJun 2 2017, 9:14amHi My son would love to try the juniors race at Sorrell. We are from the area so he's done it a few times. Does he need to become a member and register before he can try it out? I will be helping on the day and not running.
Thanks
Bronagh CheethamJun 2 2017, 12:43pmHi Gail. Yes all runners need to register as a member before running an IMRA race ...insurance reasons etc. If didnt want to register for the Sorrell hill race in advance could buy a stamp on a voucher from someone willing to sell on the night if ask about...but he definitely needs to be an imra member. Thanks
Bronagh CheethamJun 2 2017, 12:44pmElio...tks for volunteering. Make sure u add a note to say where you want a lift from and hopefully someone from that area can help you out.
Elio MacukaJun 2 2017, 12:50pmLiving on the Newlands Cross/Clondalkin, but everywhere on the Luas Red Line is fine with me :)
Jarrett WhistanceJun 2 2017, 3:39pmHi...I am also looking for a ride...this will be my first time in Dublin (and my first IMRA race) and was hoping to get logistics sorted out fairly soon. I'll be staying in the Castleknock/Phoenix Park area for a conference, so if there is someone from that area (or passing through there on the way) that would be willing to give me a ride please let me know...Thanks so much!
Brendan LawlorJun 2 2017, 3:48pmAren't we all Jarrett, aren't we all !

If you look in the carpool section early next week you might get yourself a 'lift' which I think is what you are really after
Jarrett WhistanceJun 2 2017, 4:52pmThanks Brendan...I think I might have just betrayed how "out of town" I really am! Please forgive this American for his poor choice of words. A lift is what I meant... :)
Brendan LawlorJun 2 2017, 5:39pmYou need one of these Jarrett

http://www.hairybaby.com/spose-a-rides-outta-the-question-tshirt

See you next Wednesday !
Gavan DuffyJun 3 2017, 8:00pmHi, no Sorrell Hill entry in IMRA Products to purchase. Thanks.
Gail NicolsonJun 3 2017, 8:50pmThat's grand thanks Bronagh. Btw he is 14 years old - is he ok to race?
Lillian DeeganJun 4 2017, 6:45pm.
Hello all,
Might anyone heading to Sorrell Hill be willing to collect the RD gear post race and bring it to the Bray or surrounding area? Tia
Laura FlynnJun 4 2017, 10:15pmHi Lillian.
I should be able to take the gear after Sorrell Hill and I will get it to you in Bray. I work in Dun Laoghaire so should be easy enough , can skip down to you on motorway.
I see Alan Ayling is race marker so I can drop the marking stuff to him in Ucd as it's on my way to work.
Gavan DuffyJun 4 2017, 10:33pmHas anyone purchased a race entry for this race? There is no option up yet in the Purchase IMRA Products. Thanks.
Lillian DeeganJun 4 2017, 11:02pm.
Thanks Laura, that would be great. I've been in touch with Alan regarding route marking. Jeff will be taking some of the gear for the WWR gig. More anon.
Lindsey HeppenstallJun 5 2017, 12:53pmHi Niamh,
I've a broken ankle but can volunteer if you need me, I should be there by 6.45pm.
Keith MulveyJun 5 2017, 6:40pmWelcome Jarrett,
I work beside Phoenix Park and will be racing. I can't offer a ride but will offer a lift alright ;-). I've stuck the details on the carpool site, however email me details of where you're staying as I'll be passing close enough to you. keithmulvey @ gmail.com
Keith MulveyJun 5 2017, 6:40pmWelcome Jarrett,
I work beside Phoenix Park and will be racing. I can't offer a ride but will offer a lift alright ;-). I've stuck the details on the carpool site, however email me details of where you're staying as I'll be passing close enough to you. keithmulvey @ gmail.com
Sonja FuhrmannJun 5 2017, 10:04pmHow does the car pooling from the pub in Lacken works? Will the people just show up there and then get sorted or does this also go via the "car pooling" forum?
Bronagh CheethamJun 6 2017, 12:56amGail... thats fine re your son. See you both there.

Lindsey...oh noooo! ( i assume that note is for me) Dreadful luck, so sorry to hear that. If your there, able to help.. i'll certainly put you to good use but only if your able.

I see through the magic of IMRA ..race is available for online purchase now...or come on night with your voucher option.

Thanks for additional volunteers...if any of you would like to mark course can u let me know. Myself and Renata have the top section done...just didnt want to do lower section too far in advance so its an easy one to do/ finish on wednesday eve...honest!

Sonja..either can work re car pooling but best option is to drive up there and car pool with some others ..should be easy to spot each other...if ive enough volunteers on night, I'll send someone up to help there but shouldnt be necessary.

See you all Wed...dont forget jackets...noting all the DNFs from last week for lack of same

Volunteers ill be in touch..but please aim to be at field as close to 6pm as you can. Tks
Paul SmythJun 6 2017, 9:51amHi Bronagh,

I can do marking and summit marshall if you need one. Let me me know and I can pick up marking kit this evening.
Bronagh CheethamJun 6 2017, 4:27pmGreat paul. Thanks. Give me a shout when free
Laura KedneyJun 6 2017, 9:17pmHi there, I cannot seem to find Sorrell Hill and Djouce next week in the Purchae Imra products section of the website - is there a new way to register and pay? Thanks, Laura
Jason DowlingJun 6 2017, 10:05pmHi Laura,

Registration normally closes at 6pm the day prior to the race. As such, it would be to late to register for Sorrell Hill. Djouce should be available within a couple of days after the Sorrell Hill race has finished.

Hope that helps,
Jason.
Bronagh CheethamJun 7 2017, 12:11amNote for volunteers....apologies for junk emails...dont know whats going on with my email..i give up!. If you can all report to me at 6 tomorrow or as soon as you arrive and ill give you your roles then.
Michael yes will have you out on course marshalling tks,along with paul. Will ask another 3-4 of you to marshall too so let me know 2mrw if thats your preference. many thanks.
Bronagh CheethamJun 7 2017, 12:14amLaura...yes jason has answered your query there but if you can ask someone if you can buy a voucher off them 2mrw at race...and are sucessful...you'll be able to race.
Sarah ColemanJun 7 2017, 10:36amHello, I'm sure this question has been answered before so apoloiges for the repetition. We normally pre register but bought race vouchers instead last night. What do you need to bring with you to the race as proof of purchase? Many thanks
Laura FlynnJun 7 2017, 10:48amYou should bring email confirmation of your purchase Sarah.
Michael DevineJun 7 2017, 11:16amThat is fine Bronagh. Aidan Blake can marshall too. If we could be paired together or close, that would be a bonus. He gets lonely.
Bronagh CheethamJun 7 2017, 11:24amgreat thanks Michael, will try and keep you both together;-)
Bronagh CheethamJun 7 2017, 11:39amFinal Race instructions:
- race registration will close at 7.15 to allow runners to jog the 5-10min to start.
- 200 limit applies.
- absolutely no parking at race start - please allow space for RD car to drive up with lap top and equipment to start
- early start at 7pm
- junior route turnaround will be at Stile on top of fireroad before turning onto open mountain
- no short course
- very important to keep left during all times on race - give way to decending runner when start to meet them on their return.
- jackets MUST be carried on race or will receive a DNF
- ensure to have race number and chip - chip on runner, number on front- fully visible at all times.

and most importantly have fun, see you there!
James H CahillJun 8 2017, 11:42amThank you Bronagh, and all your volunteers, great day out on Sorrell hill. Before the start of the race we were discussing (in the rain) about how few IMRA races are wet.......and like that the clouds parted (figuratively) and the rain stopped (literally)......so you even arranged that we could see the views of the lakes. Even better, I now sport a pair of brightly coloured running socks,courtesy of the "picky out", to make me even easier to spot in the hills! Great day and super organisation.
Paul GrantJun 9 2017, 11:16amThanks to Bronagh and all the volunteers for a great race. As James said it cleared up nicely for those of us running but the volunteers were out in the rain earlier in the evening without much shelter - really appreciate your efforts on a wet day to make it all happen!