Irish Mountain
Running Association

World Masters

AuthorDateMessage
Tom BlackburnMay 16 2017, 2:33pmHi Lads,Just looking to see who is interested in going to the World Masters in Slovakia this September, I know it seems like a long way off but in previous years we have suffered as we did not have teams in on time and the Guys from Northern Ireland may declare for Great Britain unless they can see that we are going.

So if you are interested please come back to me.
Ian ConroyMay 16 2017, 2:41pmHi Tom, I'm going and so are Mark Ryan and Brian Furey to the best of my current knowledge. Brian O'Murchu and Jason Kehoe too.
Robert MalseedMay 16 2017, 2:57pmI am hoping to go but depending on whether I am recovered sufficiently from injury and work.
John KinsellaMay 16 2017, 7:43pmMyself and Sean Quirke are going. Whats the consensus for the flight Friday to Monday? Dublin bratislava with Ryanair?
Robert MalseedMay 17 2017, 1:02pmFlight from Dublin to Bratislava is around €54 and return is €95., I have entered but yet to pay as waiting to see how recovery is progressing., Besides that the place looks really nice
Brian O MurchuMay 17 2017, 1:06pmAs I wanted to see Bratislava, am flying Dublin-Bratislava on the Thursday. I've entered the race and booked flights but held off on accommodation. Maybe accommodation is something a few of us could get together on? Am flying back from Vienna.
Robert MalseedMay 17 2017, 1:10pmBrian - Trains, Planes, and Automobiles come to mind with "shared" accommodation. Will have to sort out transport and food as well.
Laura FlynnMay 17 2017, 1:19pmMyself and Zoe Melling are thinking of going Tom but Id like to get an over 50 womens team. Is Patricia interested?
Also, i thought I heard or read at Susa that the organisers were going to organise transport from the airport... anyone else remember or know anything about this?
Brian O MurchuMay 17 2017, 1:24pmThe Organiser will provide free transport for WMMRCH 2017 participants on Friday, 1st September from Bratislava and Vienna Airport to accommodation as well as their transport back to Bratislava or Vienna Airport on 3rd September.

The organiser provides free bus transport for competitors on Friday and Saturday from the below hotels to the start point of the races in Pruské:
-Hotel Vršatec
-Hotel ALFA Nová Dubnica
-Hotel Kristína Dubnica nad Váhom
-Penzión Daniel Ilava
Tom BlackburnMay 19 2017, 2:42pmThanks for your swift response it is great to interest I have spoken to others who will go as well. Trisha is coming with me James Mc Entire0/40 and Tom Walshe 0/50 Keith Ryan 0/50 have all expressed that they may come also. I think there is great interest this year and if we get some of the Lads in NIMRA to join with us we will be super competitive in all categories.
Tom BlackburnMay 19 2017, 2:42pmThanks for your swift response it is great to interest I have spoken to others who will go as well. Trisha is coming with me James Mc Entire0/40 and Tom Walshe 0/50 Keith Ryan 0/50 have all expressed that they may come also. I think there is great interest this year and if we get some of the Lads in NIMRA to join with us we will be super competitive in all categories.
Robert MalseedMay 19 2017, 3:00pmWill there be an O45 men's team?
Tom BlackburnMay 19 2017, 3:08pmI hope by setting the ball rolling this early that we can get teams filled out in most age categories so if you have a mate who is going well have a chat and I am sure the Bernard Fortune will be intending on going so you may only need one more.
Tom BlackburnMay 19 2017, 3:08pmI hope by setting the ball rolling this early that we can get teams filled out in most age categories so if you have a mate who is going well have a chat and I am sure the Bernard Fortune will be intending on going so you may only need one more.
Paul DeaneMay 21 2017, 3:53pmHi Tom, I am interested in going. will keep an eye on the thread here for follow ups.
Gerry BradyMay 29 2017, 10:37pmShileen O'Kane has entered for the World Masters along with other NIMRA runners. Shileen is always in the top handful of finishers and is looking for other W45 runners to join her. Entrants should note two important rule changes below (taken from WMRA website).

New rule for team scoring. Previously, three athletes per country made up the team scoring in each of the five-year age divisions. Starting with the 2017 championships this year in Slovakia, all age groups for women, and men’s age groups 55 and up, will require just two athletes per country to score for a team. Men’s categories 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, and 50-54 will still require three per country to score as a team.

Athletes in masters championships must represent the country in which they hold citizenship. Organizers must request during the registration process, not only the address for a competitor, but also nationality as sometimes an athlete resides in a country in which he or she does not hold citizenship.
Brian O MurchuJun 9 2017, 4:51pmA few of us are residing in Nová Dubnica pre-race
Des KennedyJul 29 2017, 4:50pmJust signed up for this. We now have a team of 3 for the men 45-49. Anyone else care to join us? Also would someone with site admin be able to link this forum to the item on the Events page please?
Ian ConroyAug 14 2017, 5:57pmHi everyone,

Just wondering what day everybody is flying in and what flights as the organisers will collect us from the airport on the Friday, I've emailed them to say a group will be arriving in on the morning flight with Ryanair, but I don't know the quantity yet and where everyone is staying.

Also, what accommodation has everyone got and what plans have they got afterward for celebrating etc?

Thanks,

Ian
Ian ConroyAug 15 2017, 12:06pmDon't forget for anyone who still wants to run has to pay up, the closing date for this one is 21.08.2017.
Tom BlackburnAug 22 2017, 12:24pmHi Lads, We have great numbers and with the time getting short Just wandering if there is another 0/50 men entering with Keith Ryan and myself, My wife Tricha was also wandering if there are any other 0/50 lady's.We are flying over from Dublin on Thursday and have booked a car if anyone needs a lift we have two spare seats.
Tom BlackburnAug 22 2017, 12:25pmHi Lads, We have great numbers and with the time getting short Just wandering if there is another 0/50 men entering with Keith Ryan and myself, My wife Tricha was also wandering if there are any other 0/50 lady's.We are flying over from Dublin on Thursday and have booked a car if anyone needs a lift we have two spare seats.
Zoe MellingAug 25 2017, 10:13pmHi all. I am flying to Bratislava on Monday morning and back from Vienna on Sunday. I'm staying in Nova Dubnica for three nights from Thursday and have an extra hotel room booked for a team mate who is unable to make it due to injury, if anyone is still looking for accommodation. A lift on Thursday with Tom and Patricia would be great if the seats are still available! Thanks, Zoe.
Gerry BradySep 2 2017, 6:53pmGreat Irish performances at the World Masters:

http://www.hrdosport.sk/Online?CompetitionId=192&DisciplineListId=5870&DisciplineCode=6&Code=RES

Team gold for Men 35 with Ian Conroy (3), Eoin Flynn (4), and Brian Furey (6) and lots of other Irish runners backing them up.

Des Kennedy individual M45 gold, a fantastic performance.

Evergreen Martin McDonald silver in M60.

Bronze for Gillian Wasson in W40.

Lots of other good runs and team medals including by Shileen O'Kane, Zoe Melling, Michael McCarthy, Paul Deane, Sean Quirke, etc.
Gerry BradySep 3 2017, 9:43amPartial summary results and report on IMRA event page. Congratulations also to the legendary Jim Patterson from Northern Ireland who won the M70 individual title in an excellent time.
Laura FlynnSep 3 2017, 3:49pmFantastic results.. welll done to you all!!
Patrick RyanSep 13 2017, 10:52amCongrats to all involved. Some great performances once again and great to see so many podium positions achieved.