Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mike "Curley" Cunningham RIP

AuthorDateMessage
Conor MurphyMay 20 2017, 7:45pmVery sad news today with the passing of Mike "Curley" Cunningham. I'm sure it will be felt very keenly by some here who knew him and raced with him over the decades. Even those like me who only knew him in recent years greatly admired him both as a gentleman and as a superb athlete. 171 IMRA races, 51 wins, a truly remarkable record, and a man who was so modest about his achievements and ability. He will be sorely missed in the Munster and Irish running community.
Mick HanneyMay 20 2017, 8:21pmShocked to hear the news. A mighty runner and competitor and a lovely man. RIP Mike.
Rachel CinnsealachMay 20 2017, 8:35pmShocked and saddened. A gentleman. RIP Mike.
John KinsellaMay 20 2017, 10:57pmRip Mike. A sad day for all who knew him. I only became interested in hill running after seeing Mike and Tom in my clubs singlet flying up mountains in photos on Facebook.

A real inspiration and a big loss.

Rip
Brendan LawlorMay 21 2017, 10:35pmVery sad news , condolences to all Mikes family and friends-may he rest in peace
Brian LeddinMay 22 2017, 11:29amFor me he was the epitome of what hill running is about. Teak tough, brilliant racer and incredibly modest and unassuming. He'll be missed dearly.