Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mount Leinster

AuthorDateMessage
Jane PorterJun 8 2017, 9:34amI am looking for volunteers for Mt Leinster. Particularly we need a laptop operator and first aid officer. Also may need someone familiar with admin on the day. Things have changed a lot since the last time I was race director!
Laura FlynnJun 11 2017, 3:38pmLess than week to go and Jane urgently needs a laptop operator for this race and a couple of more volunteers. Please consider helping and thanks to those who have stepped up in the last few days.
Mick HanneyJun 11 2017, 6:30pmI am hoping to run. I can do the laptop for the results after if thats okay if they are done in pencil and paper during the race, which should be fine given the normal small nos for a standard LC race.
Laura FlynnJun 11 2017, 6:51pmThanks Mick. I'll email Jane to tell her in case she misses your post
Jay EdwardsJun 12 2017, 10:15amHi Jane, I have volunteered for Race Marker if still needed? Let me know where/when you need me to be prior to the race.
Stuart ScottJun 13 2017, 5:27pmHi all,

I can't seem to create a new thread so apologies for hijacking this one.

I know the excellent and long missed Mt Leinster is on this Sat but is anyone interested in making a double-header of it and doing the Flagstaff to Carlingford race on the Sunday as well? It's an excellent race with descent route choice, relatively easy nav, mountains of cake at the finish (if I remember rightly) and the descent off Slieve Foye at the end is something else. You get bussed into a different country and then run home.

http://www.nimra.org.uk/index.php/events/event/flagstaff-to-carlingford-c-3/

Stuart
Liam LenehanJun 14 2017, 5:14amHi, can I use a voucher entry for this race. Thanks, Liam
alan hallJun 14 2017, 6:46amHi,
Haven't done a leinster champ race yet. Are they all unmarked? I noticed on the 1st race's forum that there was a lot of mandatory equipment(whistle/compass/hat etc). Will these be required for this race?
Thanks
Alan
Vivian O'GormanJun 14 2017, 8:53amAlan - yes you can use your voucher for this race and don't forget to bring your race number and mandatory jacket as well.

Liam - the main junctions will be marked and mandatory kit with longsleeved rain jacket (mandatory), map of route, compass, whistle,hat/cap and gloves.
Paul SmythJun 14 2017, 2:19pm@Stuart,

I'm going to the NIMRA race. orienteerpaul at me dot com.
Cormac MacDonnellJun 15 2017, 9:38amQuestion - can we open the event registeration / purchase option for Mount Leinster race on saturday ? nothing seems to be up there at the moment ?
also, can someone direct me to where I can register for 2017 ? this dosnt seem to be an option of the purchase IMRA section on the site ..event when I log in to myIMRA
Jane PorterJun 15 2017, 9:50amHi All. Have not been in a position to reply to queries recently. Thanks to those who have done so. Jay I will be marking the race route on Friday afternoon but would be glad if you were available to help elsewhere.
Online registration closes at 6pm Friday.
Mick, Vivian is bringing down the laptop on Saturday morning. I have asked Pol to send you the database.
Registration will open at 10.45 on Saturday morning.
Weather forecast is good but don't forget mandatory kit. No matter how good the weather anyone running without carrying a jacket will be disqualified.
Vivian O'GormanJun 15 2017, 10:19amHi Cormac - Event entry for 7euro and 10euro membership is in the 'purchase imra products' now.

Don't forget this is a pre entry race or if you have a voucher you can use that.

Entries close at 6 O'Clock on Friday evening.
Davy DunneJun 15 2017, 2:31pmHi Jane, what time do you want the volunteers on site?
Davy
Jane PorterJun 15 2017, 2:44pm10.30am should be ok
Greg ByrneJun 15 2017, 7:29pmAnyone driving down from Dublin (via Rathfarnham?) with space for 1 or 2 runners?
Martin McDonaldJun 15 2017, 9:33pmHi,
How can i register for Mt Leinster, when I go into "Purchase imra products" it says no items available.
Lillian DeeganJun 15 2017, 10:07pm.
Hi Martin,
Have you paid you 10 Euro membership and logged into your "my IMRA"? I've just logged in and checked to see can I purchase for Mt. Leinster and I can. Here's what my I see when I go into the drop down of "purchase IMRA products" https://www.imra.ie/shop/products - my basket is empty, I ain't race shopping today.
Good luck getting sorted, you have till 18h Friday eve.
Martin McDonaldJun 15 2017, 10:24pmI checked again and its the same, I have not paid my €10 membership but I thought you paid it in this section aswell as entry for the race
Lillian DeeganJun 15 2017, 10:34pm.
Ok. Have you completed the "register for my IMRA" section. The drop down where it askes have you raced an IMRA run before, yes or no? Check your junk mail box for a reply. Follow that link and you should be able to get sorted with membership and race entry.
Angus TynerJun 15 2017, 10:43pmI've just logged in as my daughter and the purchase membership for the year is not available. It hasn't been reopened since it was closed before the Djouce race.
You can't purchase anything till you've registered, so you're snookered till the annual membership is reopened.
Pól Ó MurchúJun 15 2017, 10:53pmJust checked there and it is open...
Angus TynerJun 15 2017, 11:02pmYes it's all there now for my daughter, annual membership and all the other options. Nothing was available for her 20 minutes ago hence my assumptions.
Vivian O'GormanJun 16 2017, 12:45pmJust a reminder -

Pre Entries for Mount Leinster close this evening at 6pm

NO money will be taken at Race Registration you Must pre enter.

Alternatively you can use your voucher..

See you all tomorrow...
Dermot MurphyJun 17 2017, 2:23pmResults now up as a race report - full online reports to be posted shortly.
Mick HanneyJun 17 2017, 8:02pmThanks to the Porters for a great event at Mount Leinster today. The heat was savage but the views were great. The mountain seems very close from the start line but as you zigzag your way up through the trees and onto open mountain you seem to be going further from the mountain :-)

A pity about the small turn-out. People missed a treat and with Jane and Graham you always get a well organised and fun event.
James H CahillJun 17 2017, 8:24pmThank you Jane, Graham and all of your volunteers for a great day out. Super organisation, great route, delicious food in the pub afterwards, and I even won a spot prize!. As Mick said it was a treat of a day out. Don't miss it next year!......just gotta get into a bath of aftersun and ice now!
Henny BrandsmaJun 18 2017, 11:19amThanks Jane and Graham for a lovely race up Mt.Leinster,my first ever time running this race and really enjoyed it,came in last but at least got to enjoy the scenery a bit more and stayed on route.
Thanks again Henny.
Mick HanneyJun 19 2017, 6:25pmNice report Alan. The record holders for the route are Tom Hogan and Colm Hill.
Hannah MootsJun 19 2017, 7:43pmHi - I can't find a link to register for Brockagh on the "Purchase IMRA Products" page (and the link to post in that forum isn't working). Was wondering if it's full or if there's still a chance to register. Thanks!
Aine GogginsJun 19 2017, 7:49pmHello,
I was wondering if anyone can help. I purchased an annual membership this evening and want to sign up to a race in Brockagh on Wednesday but it only gives purchase options for 10 vouchers or replacement chip. Does it take sometime to register membership or is there any I can contact to try to sort this?
Sorry to bother. Thanks
Jeff SwordsJun 19 2017, 7:55pmEntry for the race hasn't come up for purchase yet, I believe a couple of people have tried chasing it up.
Aine GogginsJun 19 2017, 8:01pmThanks Jeff! It is this wednesday though? Will it still go ahead etc?
Pól Ó MurchúJun 19 2017, 9:12pmBrockagh is definitely open and has been since last night...make sure you are logged in to my IMRA and have purchased an annual membership but it's showing fine for me.
Jeff SwordsJun 19 2017, 9:41pmAnother odd one. I can see it now but not when I posted a while ago as I checked if it was there. I know a couple of others couldn't see it today either.
Pól Ó MurchúJun 19 2017, 11:31pmOr maybe Karen or Kevin opened it earlier.
Karen DevenneyJun 24 2017, 8:10pmApologies for the delay folks, results are now up