Irish Mountain
Running Association

Djouce (Earl's drive) - Trail League - Volunteers Wanted

AuthorDateMessage
Jason DowlingJul 18 2017, 10:38pmHi All,

After tomorrow's end of league handicap race, we will be turning our attention to the trail league. The first of the four races will be next Wednesday (26th July) in Djouce Woods.

I'm looking for a race marker, laptop operator and a first-aid person along with a few more volunteers. For marking, this would be a relatively easy course to mark, so if you want to give it a try, then we can arrange a recci over the next couple of evenings or on Sunday.

Kind regards,
Jason.
Joseph BoyleJul 20 2017, 10:46pmJason,
I can volunteer for this race as first aid but I haven't completed the IMRA course although I have qualified this year as a first aid responder, let me know if that's okay and if so I'll register.
Joe Boyle.
Jason DowlingJul 21 2017, 10:39amHi Joe,
Thanks very much for your offer for doing first-aid which i'll gladly accept. Could you formally register via the web-site?

Thanks again,
Jason
Peter BellJul 21 2017, 6:17pmHi Jason
I can give marking a go if u like. I have a coil of the tape in my van from kippure, I can head up Tuesday eve. I know the area fairly well. (I think)
Jason DowlingJul 21 2017, 8:46pmHi Peter,

Caroline is doing the marking and we're going to be heading out on Sunday morning to go over the route. Would you (or anybody else for that matter) know the junior route?

I very much want to stage a race for the juniors but am unsure of the exact route.

Cheers,
Jason.
Peter BellJul 21 2017, 10:13pmCool Jason. I can do whatever needs doin on d day. I'm not sure on the junior course. Sorry
Jason DowlingJul 21 2017, 10:46pmI'm pretty certain I've figured out the short course. It's coming in at 4.84km which is just under the 5km max. limit and has a climb of 186m. Will post a link to the route on Sunday after I've done a recce of it.
Henny BrandsmaJul 23 2017, 10:36pmJason,junior course went last year straight down to the sunken lake ,without doing the zig-zags and the loop around the lake,as I am not running and volunteering for this race don't mind to Marshall the junior-short course race.regards Henny.
Contact number:087-7604825.
Jason DowlingJul 23 2017, 10:47pmThanks Henny. Have accepted your role.

I've updated the events page to include the routes for both the senior and junior courses. Both these course were reccied today and I'm pretty certain I now have the correct course for the junior route.

Per Garmin, the elevation gains are: 108m (Junior) and 118m (Senior). Distances are available within the links on the events page.
Henny BrandsmaJul 24 2017, 11:51amHi Jason,junior course is a little different from other years,as we normally didn't cross river,but stayed on a higher trail left of river,this route is fine so better keep it as shown on website,see you on Wednesday.
Henny
Chris MarkJul 25 2017, 3:13pmHi folks,

Sorry but as car pool for this event is still empty, is there any chance of a lift out to the race? From central Dublin or any Luas/DART stop? All offers gratefully received...

Ta, Chris
Laura KinsellaJul 25 2017, 10:26pmHi there , there are no products to purchase showing on my account- am i missing something?
Jason DowlingJul 25 2017, 10:32pmHi Laura,

Registration closed at 6pm this evening for this race. If you are already an IMRA member for 2017, you could try and get a voucher off someone at tomorrow's race. If you are not already a member, then you won't be able to run this race.

Kind regards,
Jason.
Laura KinsellaJul 25 2017, 10:35pmThanks Jason- my intention was to join earlier in the week but only getting to it now . Not to worry.
Jason DowlingJul 25 2017, 10:36pmHi all,

There is a good we will have the field beside the main car-park to use as an overflow. Entry to this field (if we do get it) will be two euros.

The weather for race time is looking ok, with no rain forecast (as per ww.met.ie), but there will be a downpour beforehand so prepare for some wet ground!!

See you all at the race tomorrow,
Jason.
Jason DowlingJul 25 2017, 11:29pmFor those of you collecting vouchers at tomorrow's race, it will greatly help if you could show a screenshot of your 'My Purchase History' from the IMRA web-site with the voucher number visible. This will greatly speed up the process of getting the voucher to you and by taking the screenshot before you get to the race, you won't have to worry about bad/no phone reception.

See you tomorrow,
Jason.
Neil Gilleran McLoughlinJul 26 2017, 10:52amHey Jason,
How can I purchase race vouchers and register for the year? I can't see any products on the purchase page.
Cheers!!
Gordon PlaceJul 26 2017, 11:15amHi Neil,
Sorry, if you aren't registered for the year, you'll have to wait until tomorrow to register and can enter races from then on. Reg closes the night before a race to allow new numbers etc. be prepared in advance.
Jason DowlingJul 26 2017, 4:00pmHi All,

For anyone arriving early this evening, I'm looking for two/three more volunteers for pre-race duties.

You are still free to run the race and we are fine for post-race duties.

Thanks,
Jason.
James HigginsJul 26 2017, 4:37pmHi Jason, I can give a hand. Will try to get there in good time.

James
James H CahillJul 26 2017, 11:13pmThank you Jason for a great run around Djouce Woods today. Excellent marking and you even got the inclement weather to hold off for most of the race. For future reference, we could do without the shower at the start line. Great evening out and thank you to Jason and all the volunteers who made it happen.
Jason DowlingJul 26 2017, 11:35pmThanks to all the volunteers for all their efforts in ensuring that this evening's race went so smoothly. Special mention also to the volunteers who answered my last minute call for a little extra help on the evening. Your efforts were instrumental in a smoothly run race and was very much appreciated by myself and all the runners.

Thanks again,
Jason.
Andrew HanneyJul 27 2017, 12:16amThanks Jason and volunteers for putting on a great race, specially as the whole of registration took place in a downpour including hailstones!
Pádraig DoyleJul 27 2017, 7:08amVolunt'eroes... Like Volunt-heroes. Because you were Heroes and you Volunteered, in difficult conditions. See what I did there? Combined the... Ah look, I'll explain it another time.
Barry MurrayJul 27 2017, 12:28pmThanks Jason and gang for handling the conditions

Report up !