Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glen of the Downs

AuthorDateMessage
Mark ByrneJul 24 2017, 4:42pmHi Angela,
I am trying to volunteer as a helper with this race but it doesn't seem to be accepting my request. Is it a glitch with the website or have you enough helpers?
Thanks Mark
Graham K. BusheJul 29 2017, 9:21amI did a bit of a reccie during the week and found a couple of trees crossing the path. One can be jumped, the other, clambered around.
Angela FlynnAug 5 2017, 10:58amHi all, thanks for volunteers so far, we need a laptop operator and route marker for this race.
Food available til 9 only
Laura FlynnAug 5 2017, 12:35pmI've put my name down as a non-running volunteer Angela. I have run this race a few times but I don't think I know it well enough to mark as there are a number of twists and turns. However, I would be happy to mark it with someone who is more familiar or if someone wants to go over the course with me before Wednesday i can do it on my own.
Alan DolanAug 5 2017, 6:25pmIs there a glitch on the site? I cant register for the race. Is the entry full?
James HeggieAug 5 2017, 8:35pmHi Angela what time do you want us to arrive next Wed
For the volunteering?
Angela FlynnAug 7 2017, 12:32pmVolunteers. If you could get there as close to 6 that would be appreciated.
We still need a laptop operator for this race. Thanks to Graham for volunteering to mark this one.
Angela FlynnAug 8 2017, 9:29pmThanks Karen for taking on laptop operators role yet again and thanks Paul mc Redmond for offering to de mark route.
Michael GalliganAug 9 2017, 12:50pmFor anyone who couldn't register on the website I will have some vouchers you can buy off me at the race.I will be there from 6.45pm
Pól Ó MurchúAug 9 2017, 1:53pmJust to clarify you will still need to have registered for the year and paid your annual membership in order to use a voucher.
Angela FlynnAug 10 2017, 9:26amA big thank you to our first Aider and gp for looking after our junior runner who fell. Reports are that's she doing well and received some stitches.
Richard ChurchAug 10 2017, 9:31amAngela, Graham and the rest of the helpers. A huge thanks for organising a great race last night. Speedy recovery to the girl who fell. I picked up a used and 'discarded' IMRA buff from the roadside verge last night. I'm happy to return it to its owner - its washed!
Brendan LawlorAug 10 2017, 10:20amWell done Angela and helpers - great race last night !
Angus TynerAug 10 2017, 10:50amThanks Angela and the rest of you. Swift recovery wished to the junior runner. I've uploaded race report.
James H CahillAug 10 2017, 2:42pmThank you Angela and all the volunteers for a great evening out in Glen of the Downs. Speedy recovery to Riona and hopefully she will be back in the hills soon.
Lorna WilsonAug 11 2017, 8:56pmThanks for all the good wishes regarding the junior runner who fell on Wednesday night. She is all fine now, resting up with a sore ankle and a cut over her eye. Thank you so much to Angela, Alan and David for looking after her so well and to everyone who gave jackets to keep her warm and stayed around for support. I really appreciated it. Riona's parents were delighted with the great care she got.
Mikey FryAug 16 2017, 3:48pmHey Richard I can't find my buff after glen of the downs I think it's the one you found if I see you tonight I grab it please thanks Mikey:)
Richard ChurchAug 17 2017, 11:10amMikey. Sorry, missed you last night. The buff is in with my running gear and I should be at the Mountain Rescue race next week if you are there. Rich
Barry MurrayAug 17 2017, 11:32amdid you take a wrong turn last night Mikey ? ;)
Barry MurrayAug 17 2017, 11:32amdid you take a wrong turn last night Mikey ? ;)