Irish Mountain
Running Association

2018 qualifying races for UTMB

AuthorDateMessage
David BrennanOct 3 2017, 5:02pmHi

Last year (2017) these races were qualifying races for the UTMB.

March 2017
WICKLOW WAY ULTRA (MAURICE MULLINS ULTRA)

April 2017
WICKLOW GLACIER LAKES

June 2017
MOURNE WAY MARATHON
WICKLOW WAY RACE

September 2017
GLENDALOUGH CLOVER
KERRY WAY ULTRA
KERRY WAY ULTRALITE

Does anyone know what races will be available next year (2018) that will include the UTMB qualification?
When does this info get released or available to view?

Thanks
David
John CondonOct 3 2017, 5:15pmHi David, All qualifying races are listed on the UTMB website. There's also The Wicklow Way 100 & 50 (Non IMRA) in December.
David BrennanOct 3 2017, 5:43pmHi John.

yes that's where I pulled the 2017 list in 1st post. looked at the list for 2018 qualifiers but nothing for that year yet. So those races (the Wicklow Way 100 & 50) may not count as qualifiers (if I understand the UTMB rules correctly)

I was wondering if all the races held in 2017 would also be qualifiers in 2018 for UTMB.

Is that how it works? I'd have to get the points in the 2018 races to make me eligible to enter the UTMB in 2019. (??)

I just realised that 4 of the races are linking back to the IMRA site, so its this association that runs them anyway.

WICKLOW WAY ULTRA (MAURICE MULLINS ULTRA)
WICKLOW GLACIER LAKES
WICKLOW WAY RACE
GLENDALOUGH CLOVER

Anyone in IMRA know if these 4 will be qualifiers in 2018?

thanks for the info, sorry for all the questions.
David
Adrian Tucker RIPOct 3 2017, 8:53pmThis topic was discussed at a recent IMRA committee meeting. It is hoped that the application process to obtain UTMB points can be initiated as soon as the IMRA calendar for 2018 is finalised. It is further hoped that the points would be awarded by very early in the new year in order that people can be well informed at an early stage. it is proposed that an application for all of the IMRA events as listed above will be made.
David BrennanOct 4 2017, 9:22amthanks Adrian.
I'll keep an eye out on the IMRA site around the new year time.
Warren SwordsOct 4 2017, 9:52amIt's always worth checking with races directly re UTMB points. Sometimes UTMB website may not be completely up to date.

Pretty sure Raw Ultra 50 and 100 races will have official points.

Great to see plans to have points as soon as calendar is announced. Well done lads.