Irish Mountain
Running Association

Christmas IMRA Race?

AuthorDateMessage
Robert CostelloOct 9 2017, 1:21pmAny plans for a Christmas IMRA race folks?

*ducks for cover for mentioning Christmas in October!*
Gavan DohertyOct 9 2017, 1:35pmHi Robert,

I should hold off until November 1st, but here goes!

Last year we resurrected the Djouce Djog on Dec 27th:
https://www.imra.ie/events/details/id/1409/

I'm happy to RD the same again this year. That said I suspect the committee will be either brand new/focusing on 2018 (or burnt-out!) so it might be an informal gathering rather than a formal IMRA race.

Cheers,
Jeff SwordsOct 9 2017, 1:51pmThe Christmas Turkey run is on the IMRA Google calendar for 2017, might have been dragged over from last years calendar though.
Martin BagnallOct 9 2017, 5:21pmYep, it was included on the Google Calendar for this year as it appeared on the Events page at the time I added the entries. I've removed it now; I'll add it back in if it gets added to the Events page.
Brendan LawlorOct 10 2017, 10:24amHi

It would certainly be easier on both the outgoing and incoming committees if this was an informal non official IMRA event I suspect
Laura FlynnOct 10 2017, 10:36amThis is not an offical IMRA event.
Neil Gilleran McLoughlinNov 2 2017, 2:12pmHey guys sorry to drag up an old post!

Myself and a few friends attended last year and it was a great day.

If this is going to be unofficial where will this be posted? I'd have a gang of us looking to do it again this holiday period.
Brendan LawlorNov 2 2017, 2:21pmHi Neil, there will be an announcement about the event on Dec 27th (which will be happening) early next week
Neil Gilleran McLoughlinNov 2 2017, 2:27pmThanks Brendan, I'll look forward to the announcement.
Laura FlynnNov 15 2017, 8:47pmIt’s been decided to run the Djouce event on December 27th as an official IMRA event and, more importantly, as a race in memory of our IMRA members who have passed away during the year. The A-Team of Gavan O’Doherty, Vivian O’Gorman and Brendan Lawlor have kindly agreed to take charge. In the spirit of the season and event, the proceeds of the race will be donated to charities chosen by the families. Spread the word for what we hope will be a fitting tribute and memorial to our much-loved friends.
Andrew HanneyNov 15 2017, 8:49pmGreat news, looking forward to it!
Williams AvaNov 15 2017, 9:00pmHey there

I didn't realise there would be one more IMRA and I through out my number after the Powerscourt Ridge race last week so if I wanted to run Djouce on the 27th what will I do about my number? And how long is this course? Thanks.
John CondonNov 15 2017, 9:28pmHi Williams, as Laura stated, this isn't an official IMRA race so it's no biggie if you don't have your number.
Pól Ó MurchúNov 15 2017, 9:33pmEh I think Laura said it was an official race... :-)

Don't worry we can get you a new (handwritten) number.
Brendan LawlorNov 15 2017, 9:47pmHi all

This will now an official IMRA event but as its Christmas time and a rememberance event for the friends we very sadly lost this year, we wont be putting too many demands on our new committee

We will replace lost numbers
We will encourage fancy dress
The race will be marked (its about 7km from memory)
We will have a few spot prizes

But most importantly we will want to remember Mike Gomm, Mike ' Curley' Cunningham, Maurice Timmins, and Adrian Tucker (and others from earlier years too) in the way they would all want to be best remembered, running in the hills and forests with friends who share their same mad passion

More info to follow ...
John CondonNov 15 2017, 9:47pmApols missed her last post. :P
John CondonNov 15 2017, 9:47pmApols missed her last post. :P
John CondonNov 15 2017, 9:47pmApols missed her last post. :P As you were
Williams AvaNov 16 2017, 8:36amThanks, Looking forward to this now. see you all on the 27th ;)