Irish Mountain
Running Association

Elizabeth Field (wife of Bruce) - RIP

AuthorDateMessage
Gavan DohertyJan 16 2018, 11:09pmAlthough not a runner herself our paths crossed a few times during the 6 years or so that Bruce and his pink t-shirt were regular IMRA attendees.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nytimes/obituary.aspx?n=elizabeth-field&pid=187806429&

Condolences to Bruce, Joanna and their extended family & friends.
Caitlin BentJan 17 2018, 11:28amSo sorry to read of Bruce's wife Elizabeth death, Gavan. I met her several times and liked her. Condolences to Bruce and family.
Laura FlynnJan 17 2018, 12:46pmThat's very sad news Gavan and thanks for letting us know. I never met Elizabeth but remember Bruce,and his pink tshirt of course, well.
May she rest in peace.
Brendan LawlorJan 17 2018, 2:52pmSorry to hear this. Condolences to Bruce and his family. May she rest in peace
Mike LongJan 17 2018, 8:41pmThat is really sad news. We met with Elizabeth and enjoyed her company several times while she lived in Ireland. She was a lovely warm person. After she left she sent us a copy of her book on Marmalade which we thoroughly enjoyed. Our condolences to Bruce, Joanna and Elizabeth's family and friends.
James HigginsJan 17 2018, 9:02pmBruce, saddened to hear of your great loss. May she Rest In Peace.
Jim FitzharrisJan 17 2018, 10:05pmVery sad news. Never had the privilege of meeting her but I knew Bruce well as he was a rival in my age group. Sincere sympathies to you Bruce and the family on your tragic loss.
Bruce ShenkerJan 19 2018, 3:04pmThank you all so much for your kind thoughts both here and on Elizabeth's legacy page. Elizabeth was not a mountain runner but she liked walking in the hills though sometimes I lead her astray like the time I led her into Ravens Glenn and she had to be rescued from the edge of a cliff by helicopter and got to write about her experience in the Irish times.

But one thing she would always say "Your mountain running friends are so nice". I think all of your wonderful comments just confirm that.

Hope to see many of you on my next trip over.
Henny BrandsmaJan 21 2018, 10:45amVery sorry to hear of the passing of your wife Elizabeth ,Bruce, my thoughts are with you and your family in this difficult times.may see rest in peace.