Irish Mountain
Running Association

Crohaun

AuthorDateMessage
Michael MelnychukFeb 8 2018, 9:35pmHi there. I'm new to IMRA. Is Crohaun sold out? I can't find it in the 'purchase imra products' tab.
John J BarryFeb 8 2018, 10:53pmIt hasn't opened yet. It will be the week of the event when it opens.
Maria WhiteFeb 11 2018, 1:06pmThat’s good to know. I thought I had missed it.
How long on average does it take to complete ?
James MooreFeb 11 2018, 8:13pmHi there , is there going to be a kiddies race at crohaun on the 18th?
Eoghan MoloneyFeb 12 2018, 4:42pm@Maria Condon, main route is 6km with 300m climbing. I'm guessing that the fastest time will be somewhere around the 30 mins mark. It's hard to say what an average would be, as it's the first time the route has been used for a race.

@James Moore, yes there will. It will be a fairly challenging route for kids, but I think they will enjoy it! I ran it yesterday; it is 3.8km with 130m of climbing: https://www.strava.com/activities/1402913827
The initial climb is tough, mucky and wet (kids will love it!) and the remainder is on fireroad, so they won't have to run downhill on slippy terrain.
James MooreFeb 12 2018, 4:54pm@Eoghan moloney,thanks very much for the reply regarding the kiddies race.looking forward to Sunday.
Eoghan MoloneyFeb 16 2018, 9:38am@James Moore (and everyone else!!), just an FYI, we have reviewed the route that was planned for kids and deemed it too difficult for younger kids. So we will now have 2 shorter routes.

There will be a Kids route, which will be approx 1.5km on fireroad only. This is targeted at young kids, who will have to be accompanied by a parent. This will start at 10.30am, facilitating parents who want to run in the main race. There is no charge for kids (or accompanying parents) to run this route, although the kids MUST be IMRA members. Annual membership is only €5 and must be bought online in advance.

The Short Route will go ahead as planned, but this route is now aimed at Juniors (U-16) and beginner adults and will start with the Main Route at 11am. If younger kids want to take on this route, they can, but they will be entering as Juniors. Online entry or a race voucher is required for this race. Online entries close at 6pm on Saturday 17 Feb.

Any questions, let me know.
Seán ManningFeb 16 2018, 10:08amMy son Ruairi is 16 and will be running the longer course. There has been confusion with results in previous races so just giving heads up that he's a junior running the adult course.
Eoghan MoloneyFeb 16 2018, 11:42am@Sean Manning, thanks for the heads up. That is no problem; great to see a young lad making the step up! I assume you/he are aware of this, but he will not be eligible for a junior prize if he is running the Main Route.
Katie TyrrellFeb 16 2018, 9:29pmHi.
Similar to the last post- my daughter is keen to do the longer route, she is only 11, but well able for it. I will be running with her. Just want to make sure it’s ok?
Thanks
Eoghan MoloneyFeb 17 2018, 5:08pm@Katie Tyrrell, the long route is really tough going! It might only be 6km, but there is 300m climbing. The climbs are steep with mucky underfoot conditions. Any adults that have run it have found it very tough, so I would advise against an 11 year old running it. The short course has a long, tough mucky climb right at the start and a fast run home. At nearly 4km with 130m climbing, it is challenging enough as it is for kids! The short route goes off the same time as the main route.
Find me before registration in the morning (I'm the Race Director) and we can talk about it if you want?
Rory LeadbetterFeb 18 2018, 3:18pmGreat event, great course and great Job Eoghan and all the volunteers!
Seán ManningFeb 19 2018, 8:04amFantastic race all. After travelling all the way from Charleville I almost missed the start. The race organisers kindly allowed an extra minute or 2 for me to get sorted. The course was one of the shorter ones but it had everything, single trials, tough uphill stretches, woods, fast fire road, slippy down hills. I'll be back next year for sure.
Seán ManningFeb 19 2018, 8:04amFantastic race all. After travelling all the way from Charleville I almost missed the start. The race organisers kindly allowed an extra minute or 2 for me to get sorted. The course was one of the shorter ones but it had everything, single trials, tough uphill stretches, woods, fast fire road, slippy down hills. I'll be back next year for sure.
Seán ManningFeb 19 2018, 8:05amFantastic race all. After travelling all the way from Charleville I almost missed the start. The race organisers kindly allowed an extra minute or 2 for me to get sorted. The course was one of the shorter ones but it had everything, single trials, tough uphill stretches, woods, fast fire road, slippy down hills. I'll be back next year for sure.
Seán ManningFeb 19 2018, 8:05amFantastic race all. After travelling all the way from Charleville I almost missed the start. The race organisers kindly allowed an extra minute or 2 for me to get sorted. The course was one of the shorter ones but it had everything, single trials, tough uphill stretches, woods, fast fire road, slippy down hills. I'll be back next year for sure.
Eoghan MoloneyFeb 19 2018, 12:56pmThanks for the kind words folks. And thanks to all who turned up on the day to make it a very successful race! For most of the volunteering team, this was our first time organising a race. As RD, I can't speak highly enough of the team of volunteers that I had. I want to thank them all for their hard work before and on the day. The weather wasn't ideal, but the race went better than I could have hoped. I hope to keep this race on the calendar in the future, with some potential improvements in the pipeline!
Eoghan MoloneyFeb 19 2018, 1:01pmAnd one more thing, it will be midweek before the official results are posted. Apologies for the delay.
Karen DevenneyFeb 25 2018, 1:48pmApologies for the delay folks, there was an issue with getting the results file but the good news is that results are now up. Any issues, please email me on Karen.devenney at imra dot ie