Irish Mountain
Running Association

Log na Coille

AuthorDateMessage
Samuel SonowoFeb 16 2018, 11:47amHi All, I am hoping someone might be able to advise me here, on any walking/Hiking/Running group going up Lugnaquilla in Wicklow, this weekend on Sunday?

Many Thanks,
Samuel
Diarmuid O'ColmainJul 20 2018, 10:17amHi Richard
unfortunately I have had to drop out from First Aid Officer for Lugnaauilla. There is a reasonable possibility I will be away on Saturday 28th which isn't much good to you I'm afraid.

Sorry to let you down. I've posted this to the Forum so someone has the opportunity to volunteer to take my place.

Diarmuid
Richard NunanJul 20 2018, 11:49pmNo problem Diarmuid,

Hopefully we can get another First Aid person for the next Irish Champs race. Should be a fast one given the current ground conditions with so much bounce we will hopefully not have too much first aid required.

Regards

Richard
Richard NunanJul 25 2018, 11:20amHi Folks, (*Thanks to Barry and James for Volunteering*)

we could do with a few Volunteers for Saturday if anyone is about - Summit Marshal or Laptop..

Thanks in advance ..
Brendan NevilleJul 25 2018, 12:32pmRichard,happy to do summit marshal - let me know when you need me there. Regards, Brendan
Richard NunanJul 26 2018, 1:51pmHi Folks - we are 4 Volunteers so far - could do with a few more.

Running Volunteers acceptable to help with Parking and Registration.

Registration will close at 12:30. With a race start at 13:00 you will have plenty of time for Warm-up and getting to the race start.

Brendan. Need you on the Summit for 13:00 So it would be good if you could arrive at 11:30.
Gordon PlaceJul 26 2018, 2:23pmHi Richard,
I can do running volunteer. What time do you want us there?
Gordon
John ShielsJul 26 2018, 3:07pmI can help out as a running volunteer Richard
Brendan NevilleJul 26 2018, 3:53pmRichard, will be at Fentons at 1130 - for an pre summit hydration...
Seamus LynchJul 27 2018, 9:42pmHey all, I completely forgot to enter online for this race, is it possible to buy a voucher at registration or even of somebody?

Thanks Séamus
Mick HanneyJul 27 2018, 9:58pmShouldn't be a problem Seamus. Ask at registration and I daresay there'll be vouchers a plenty. I'm collecting a new card for one.
Mick HanneyJul 28 2018, 5:49pmLugnacoille results sent to records secretary so they should be online in due course. Congrats to Becky Quinn and Seamus Lynch, respective winners today. Seamus's winning time - 52:42. Speedy!
John ShielsJul 28 2018, 6:25pmGreat race today, Thanks Richard and crew and especially the summit marshal.
Karen DevenneyJul 28 2018, 7:36pmWell done to all who braved the elements today. Results are up, please email me at karen.devenney at imra dot ie if any issues
Mick HanneyJul 28 2018, 7:43pmThanks Karen. Thats great.
Richard NunanJul 28 2018, 8:21pmWell done to all who did the race today - we were lucky with the tailwind going uphill and the lack of mist cloud - but that was made up by the savage hailstone !!

Thanks to Brendan for doing the tough job of Summit Marshal and too James Tucker and Barry Minnock for their services day and to Mick and Gordon for helping out.

Congrats to Beck Quinn and Seamus Lynch on their wins!!
Mick HanneyAug 1 2018, 11:45pmIn conversation about Lug at the weekend another year's results came to mind when the top 7 were faster than last weekend's very fast winning time and the top 2 were sub 50 mins!

https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/240
Barry MurrayAug 2 2018, 3:14pmI was just asking John Lenihan about this record yesterday

He has recorded a 48.13

seems like we don't know what fast is anymore !
Mick HanneyAug 2 2018, 4:09pmPart of the problem is, I believe, when you click History on an event you only see the recent 10 years. Ideally previous years results would be brought into the picture.