Irish Mountain
Running Association

Maulin Winter route

AuthorDateMessage
Angela FlynnFeb 23 2018, 9:37amHi,
Looking for a race marker and a few more volunteers for this run. Thanks to all the volunteers so far.
Shane O'MalleyFeb 23 2018, 9:43amHi Angela,

I will probably be able to volunteer but will confirm in a couple of days. Forecasts for next are pretty bad (Snowy) so you may need extra people if it goes ahead.

Shane
John BellFeb 25 2018, 2:34pmI can mark the course and this year I won't try use the least amount of tape as possible!
Gill McLoughlinFeb 25 2018, 4:07pmHi Angela, i just signed up as helper on the event page - happy to marshal if it suits.
Angela FlynnFeb 25 2018, 7:07pmThanks guys for volunteering so far. I’ll be in touch by email.We need a first Aid person also.
Angela FlynnFeb 27 2018, 10:41amIf this race goes ahead,we need more non running volunteers to marshall the route and first aid, otherwise we cannot run this race. There will be a shorter course for juniors.
Laura FlynnFeb 27 2018, 7:28pmIn response to David‘s post on another thread, we will liaise with Angela, the race director, and post up on this forum on on before Friday afternoon if a decision is made that the race will not go ahead. As most of you know IMRA races are rarely cancelled as part of the fun is battling with the elements However in light of the fairly serious weather warnings we will need to keep this under review as regards the course itself and access to Crone which will probably influence the decision more than the course.

A few more volunteers are needed also.
Fergal BuckleyFeb 27 2018, 9:40pmHi Angela,

I can volunteer if the race goes ahead. Would just need to arrange a lift from somewhere convenient in South Dublin (Luas station etc).
Laura FlynnFeb 28 2018, 12:15pmThe committee have made a decision to change Saturday's Winter League race from Maulin to Bray Head.
The start time will be 11.30am rather than 11am. This too will be kept under review however so please keep an eye on the forum for updates.
Registration and prize-giving will be at the Martello Hotel.
Thanks to Greg Byrne and Angela for thinking outside the box and, hopefully, allowing this to happen.
Laura FlynnFeb 28 2018, 8:18pmUnfortunately, with no sign of the weather abating the committee has decided to CANCEL Saturday’s race.
We will endeavor to reschedule but this may prove difficult as the calendar is already quite full between now and April 7th which is the date of the prize giving and social.
In the event of us being unable to reschedule, the league prize-winners will be decided on the basis of the scores over the 6 races, instead of 7. This scenario is more likely to result in runners finishing on the same points. In the event of a draw IMRA rules will apply as detailed under the competition rules on this website. Any queries please mail me directly at my laura.flynn@imra.ie and we’ll figure it out.
Thanks for your patience and understanding and, most importantly, stay safe....there’ll be plenty of opportunity to let off steam and release all that cabin fever at Annagh Hill.
Bronagh CheethamMar 1 2018, 5:29pmThanks for update Laura. Good decision taken by committee in the circumstances and not taken lightly I know. Obviously safety comes first and the role of the volunteers standing around in that weather has to be considered.

I cant even get to a flat cycle way in the midlands to stretch the legs, never mind a mountain! stay safe all.
Laura FlynnMar 7 2018, 11:48amWe have now received the necessary permits and his event is now rescheduled for March 17th.
Please sign up to volunteer if you can.
Arrive early and car-pool as Crone car-park may be very busy with walkers that day.
Pre-entries for cancelled race can be carried forward. If you cannot make it on the 17th and would like a refund , please email the treasurer directly.
Karl HeartyMar 7 2018, 12:01pmIf previously entered will my entry be on the start list on 17th March of do I have to "re-enter" somehow?
Thanks, Karl
Gordon PlaceMar 7 2018, 1:39pmKarl,
'Pre-entries for cancelled race can be carried forward'
James BensonMar 7 2018, 4:14pmCredit to everyone involved for rescheduling this event. Events don't simply transfer to another date without a lot of work and effort so many thanks to all involved for making it happen.
James KeaneMar 9 2018, 7:58amGreat news. Will online pre-entry reopen for the 17th?
Laura FlynnMar 16 2018, 9:45amWe urgently need at least 5 more volunteers for this race and First Aid officer. Sign-up has been low and slow maybe due to bank holiday weekend.
The race cannot go ahead with current volunteer Quota. If we do have enough volunteers signed up in THE NEXT HOUR the race will not be going ahead.
Aidan O'DonoghueMar 16 2018, 9:52amI can be a running volunteer if that would be of any use. I'd like to run as I was a non-running volunteer for the last one at Trooperstown.
John McCannMar 16 2018, 11:25amI've just added myself as volunteer Laura. What time do you need us there for?
Laura FlynnMar 16 2018, 3:07pmThanks to those who have offered to help but, having discussed it with the race director its been decided that the race is NOT going to go ahead tomorrow.