Irish Mountain
Running Association

Quest Glendalough

AuthorDateMessage
Ann HoranMar 17 2018, 5:37pmJust letting any IMRA members know that there is a gang of us heading out on a route recce of Quest Glendalough on Sat 24th March.

We plan on meeting in Laragh at 9.30am and doing stage 1-5 of expert route ( excluding the stage 4 run) We have someone assigned to look after the bikes while we are out on the stage 2 run at the top of the Shay Elliott.

We will regroup at the end of each stage as there will be varying levels of fitness among the group.

This session would be suitable for anyone who is doing the expert/sport route of QG in April or if you just fancy mixing up your training a bit with a brick session. It’s going to be about 40k hilly cycling and 6km mountain run.

There will be coffee and cake after in Laragh.

This session is not connected with IMRA in any way. It’s just a group of people meeting for a training session. Everyone is responsible for themselves. Please ensure your bike is in working order, you are wearing suitable clothing for weather conditions and you have adequate supplies of food/water.

Post below if interested and I’ll add you to WhatsApp group.
Declan BagnallMar 18 2018, 3:03pmI'd be interested , thanks Ann
Ann HoranMar 18 2018, 3:46pmGreat stuff. All info will be posted on WhatsApp group. Just added you there.
Niamh KellyMar 18 2018, 8:20pmHi Ann, my hubby and I would also be interested 0857826118 is my number Thanks Niamh
Greg DillonMar 20 2018, 5:00pmCount me in Ann. Will have 1 or 2 with me :)
Williams AvaMar 22 2018, 2:21pmHi Ann, myself and Ailish Bryne would also like to join you guys on Saturday morning. We are both doing the Sport distance for Quest. My number is 0867995790 and Ailish's no is 0877934725. Look forward to meeting you all :)
Ann HoranMar 22 2018, 3:13pmThat's cool. The more the merrier. I've added you to the whatsapp group.
Looks like we'll have about 15 people at the training day.
There will be a mix of experienced people and people doing their first multi-sport event.