Irish Mountain
Running Association

Quest 12

AuthorDateMessage
Rory LeadbetterMar 21 2018, 7:54pmAny IMRA members doing Quest 12? I’ve signed up but have only ever done about half the distance in an Adventure race before. I could really use some advice regarding eating during the race (what to eat and where and when) any other general advice would also be much appreciated ;-)
Noel DonohoeMar 21 2018, 8:46pmHi Rory
You will probably need two types of food. One that you can eat on the go - so thats the same as any shorter race wharever works for you.
Then some easily digestible staple for the rest periods. I like a sandwich. Cheese n beetroot or potatoes salad. Stick to what you like.
Greg DillonMar 21 2018, 8:55pmHi Rory,

Thats good advice. There will be locations by transitions where you will have your race box. Easy digestible stuff is the best. Will be doing this one myself.

Have also mapped it out. See link below

https://runkeeper.com/user/gregdillon/route/4733241
Rory LeadbetterMar 21 2018, 9:16pmCheers Noel, I am partial to a sandwich alright and I will defo make some spud salad!

Greg I’ve added you on Runkeeper so I can get into that route map. Hope that’s ok.
Greg DillonMar 21 2018, 9:22pmNo problem. Glad to share. Will be doing a blog on the race closer to the date on Kayathlon.ie with everything you will need to know so keep an eye for it.
Rory LeadbetterMar 21 2018, 10:02pmI certainly will. It’d be great peace of mind just to know I had all my kit and food sorted, then all I have to do is get the body ready. I don’t think the organisers are doing enough to help prepare novices at this distance. They sent out a hardcore training plan that includes about 10 hours training a week. Between work and family life I’m hoping to be able to do about half that in the coming months.
Niamh KellyMar 22 2018, 10:08pmLook up tail wind I have found it brilliant for long distance events
Rory LeadbetterJun 5 2018, 2:22pmAll accommodation around Sneem for August 24th and 25th booked out! If anyone would be willing to share a room (I’d gladly pay more than my fair share for the inconvenience) or if anyone knows of any rooms available in the Sneem area I’d be much obliged.

I hope to travel down from kilkenny area leaving around midday or 1pm on 24th and going through Clonmel, Cahir and then either through Cork or Mallow. Can fit in 2 passengers and 2 bikes if your close to the route.

Anyone interested in a lift or with space in a room please reply.

Thanks
Rory LeadbetterJun 5 2018, 2:25pmAll accommodation around Sneem for August 24th and 25th booked out! If anyone would be willing to share a room (I’d gladly pay more than my fair share for the inconvenience) or if anyone knows of any rooms available in the Sneem area I’d be much obliged.

I hope to travel down from kilkenny area leaving around midday or 1pm on 24th and going through Clonmel, Cahir and then either through Cork or Mallow. Can fit in 2 passengers and 2 bikes if your close to the route.

Anyone interested in a lift or with space in a room please reply.

Thanks