Irish Mountain
Running Association

IMRA Spring Social

AuthorDateMessage
Pól Ó MurchúApr 2 2018, 11:49pmHard to believe that Annagh Hill Race represented the end of the Spring/Winter (SpWinter league - :-) ) for Leinster at least. Luckily wiithin a couple of weeks we’ll be back to Wednesday racing kicking off with the Trail League first before launching into the Leinster League.

But enough of that and onto more important issues...next Saturday will see the Maurice Mullins Ultra and Trail taking place and then of course the much awaited Winter Social and prizegiving. This is a great opportunity for us all to take a well earned break from training ( or for some a non earned break), let you hair down (or up if you prefer) meet with friends (or rivals) have a few drinks, celebrate the successes, failures and events of the past few months.

On the night we will have some finger food, few drinks and the prizegiving for the Sprwinter league. Hopefully see as many of ye about on the night (but not all - I’m pretty sure we haven’t enough food or a budget for 1,800 people...). Venue is Doherty and Nesbitts, Baggot Street start time 8:00...route fully marked apparently although can not guarantee you will not get lost or led astray! Hope to see many of ye there!
Laura FlynnApr 5 2018, 9:16pmCongratulations to the following winners in the Winter/Spring League who will receive their awards on Saturday night:
Female
1st Becky Quinn
2nd Laura Flannelly
3rd Anne Horan

Male
1st Brian Flannelly
2nd Mick Hanney
3rd James Benson

M40 tbc
F40 Maura Matthews

M50 James H.Cahill
M60 Joe Lalor
M70 Patsy Mc Creanor
F70 Caitlin Bent
Junior Male Luke Maher

If you cannot come along on Saturday it would be helpful if you would arrange for someone to collect your award or let me know, before Saturday if possible, and I will endeavour to get it to you at another race.

Well done to you all and to everyone who competed. Thanks to our fantastic Race Directors and volunteers without whom it wouldn’t happen and finally, thanks for your patience and understanding with all changes due to unfortunate spell of bad weather.
Laura FlynnApr 5 2018, 10:59pmThe winner of the Male 40 is Caoimhin MacMaolain after a close fought battle with Alan Ayling.
Andrew HanneyApr 5 2018, 11:04pmGreat running by all, well done!