Irish Mountain
Running Association

Sorrell Hill

AuthorDateMessage
Martin BagnallJun 21 2018, 11:11amThank you to those who have volunteered to date. More volunteers are needed, in particular a Race Marker, Laptop Operator and lots of non-running helpers.
Martin BagnallJun 26 2018, 2:37pmI still need a Race Marker, Laptop Operator and helpers for this race. Please volunteer if you can.
Mike JordanJul 1 2018, 1:51pmI can mark the course Martin. I can stay up and be summit marshall and de-mark the course on the way back.
Martin BagnallJul 1 2018, 5:47pmGreat, thanks Mike, that'd be great.
Martin BagnallJul 1 2018, 5:49pmA Laptop Operator is still needed plus 2-3 non running helpers, thanks.
Derek WestonJul 2 2018, 1:31pmWell folks. C
an someone give me the lat, long coordinates for Sorrell run carpark? My eyes are watering reading those directions. Cheers!
Gordon PlaceJul 2 2018, 1:37pmDropped pin

https://goo.gl/maps/EFjrC7jU44p
Derek WestonJul 2 2018, 1:53pmThanks Gordon
Conor O'FarrellJul 2 2018, 4:13pmHi Martin

I've signed up as a helper. I'm not sure exactly what time I will be there, hopefully before 18:30.

Con
Martin BagnallJul 3 2018, 9:39amThanks Con and to everyone else who has volunteered. I'll be sending you an email later today.
Martin BagnallJul 3 2018, 9:57amFAO Runners!

Please have a read over the 'Organisers Instructions' ahead of the race tomorrow. If anything isn't clear, just ask!

Reminder: It will be hot so please bring sunscreen and water.
marcus HorganJul 3 2018, 3:34pmHi- sorry possibly dumb question I have never raced using the pre paid vouchers before. All I have is the voucher number I used to buy €50 of race tickets in January 2018 ( none used yet due to injury) Do I just bring the voucher number on the night and that is all that is needed? Best, Marcus
Martin BagnallJul 3 2018, 4:18pmHi Marcus, assuming that you have also registered for the year, you just need to bring your voucher with you.

If you haven't raced this year yet, you'll also need to pick up your race number on the evening (you would have received an email with this number during the yearly registration). If you have forgotten it, the Laptop Operator should be able to find you on the database.
Tanya SheridanJul 4 2018, 10:53pmThanks to Martin and all the volunteers for another wonderful race. The route is spectacular - and all the organisation was flawless. Thanks Mike for the towels over the barbed wire and the water.
Siobhán LyonsJul 5 2018, 12:08amReally enjoyed that race tonight.
Thanks to all the volunteers and fellow runners for your help, support and encouragement, and to Mother Nature thanks for that gorgeous breeze!
Gary Mason81Jul 5 2018, 8:00amThanks for another great night. Excellent job from all involved
Richard NunanJul 5 2018, 11:29amThanks to Martin and Team for organsing the race, weather and the Sambos at Zellers!! Great night !
Martin BagnallJul 5 2018, 11:52amThanks very much to my team of volunteers for a wonderful job last night.

Special mention to Mike for ending up with a triple role of Race Marker, Summit Marshall and Water Station attendant!

Thanks especially to Philip and Thomas for a great job on the laptop, despite being thrown in at the deep end! Thank you Miriam, for lending your skills with it while managing to fit a run in between.

In particular, thanks very much to Vivian for bringing along his wealth of experience and for organising the field.

Well done to all the runners, it may have been unusually dry ground but the heat more than made up for it, making it a challenging run!
Aoibheann GaughranJul 5 2018, 1:17pmBrilliant race, gorgeous route, thanks so much everyone.
Aoibheann GaughranJul 5 2018, 1:18pmBrilliant race, gorgeous route, thanks so much everyone.
Karen DevenneyJul 5 2018, 9:40pmFantastic race last night, my first time making it to Sorrell Hill but definitely not my last! Thanks so much to Martin & his team with a special mention to Mike, Nora & Joe at the summit...thanks for the water!

Results are now up. I think there may be a few issues around short course...please email me at karen.devenney at imra dot ie

Roll on Brockagh!
Alan AylingJul 6 2018, 12:34amReport up...
John McCannJul 6 2018, 1:36amGreat report Alan
Grace EganJul 6 2018, 8:30am"early starters are real people too" well that's let the cat out of the bag! Am giggling into my porridge here reading that revelation - bringbackmikeyfry!
Richard ChurchJul 6 2018, 4:56pmGreat report Alan. My first time running a short course with my son and still lots of fun to be had. We didn't even mind jumping out of the way of the fast ones bowling down the hill, so no worries on that score. Hamish came home full of smiles saying how friendly everyone at IMRA is ... and when you are eight years old you tell it like it is.
Conor O'FarrellJul 8 2018, 8:03pmI just uploaded a tonne of photos from Wednesday's race, taken at the junior turning point. There may be a few duplicates there, so apologies for that.

Con