Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glen of Aherlow Trail Marathon

AuthorDateMessage
Brian FlannellyAug 17 2018, 8:00amEntries now open for this event - closing Saturday 1st September at 11pm - just login to MyIMRA and go to "PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS" tab
Brian FlannellyAug 23 2018, 10:17pmDue to logistics in preparing for this event, entries will now close earlier than previously advertised - on Friday 31st August at 5pm - just login to MyIMRA and go to "PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS" tab.
Robbie WilliamsSep 1 2018, 10:58amCongratulations to all those entered this year.
Due to a large number missing the entry time we will re open registration on Monday from 9am to 11pm
****There will however be no t-shirts available for these late reg runners as order has gone to supplier at this stage.
Gordon PlaceSep 3 2018, 9:13amHi Robbie,

Sorry to be a pain, is it possible to switch from half to full marathon? Or I can just purchase entry to the marathon today if the existing entry can be cancelled?

Thanks,
Gordon
Patricia BlackburnSep 3 2018, 2:53pmHi Gordon,
Yes we can accommodate you..I'm checking with the I.T
guy's on the logistics of it..
Gordon PlaceSep 3 2018, 4:18pmThanks Patricia, much appreciated and sorry again for the inconvenience.
Patricia BlackburnSep 3 2018, 5:55pmNo problem Gordon
The I.T. Team will move you to the Marathon list. look for myself on the morning and you can give me the
balance.I'll be around the reg area anyhow.o.k.
Have a good one..
Tricha
Gordon PlaceSep 3 2018, 6:13pmThat's great Tricha, thanks again everyone. Looking forward to it.
Rose LeithSep 4 2018, 9:13amHi I have messed up on my dates and won’t be able to run this. Is there anything I can do with my entry? Pass on or refund? Or just inform you?
Thanks
Patricia BlackburnSep 4 2018, 10:41amSorry to hear that Rose,
unfortunately we cannot do refunds.
If you know someone that wants to do it I can
see if the I.T. guys can do a transfer.
You would need to get back to me today though.
Thank you for letting us know.
Tricha
Phil behanSep 4 2018, 12:19pmHi Rose, if a transfer is possible I might be interested, just looking into the logistics now. Let me know if you hear anything.Thks. P
Rose LeithSep 4 2018, 7:22pmHi Patricia- no problem at all it was my error.
Phil- I don’t know anyone who wants it so it’s yours if you are will and able. Patricia is there anything you need from me to get the entry name changed to Phil’s if he wants entry. Tks
Luke GreeneSep 5 2018, 9:02amHi, just wondering if there will be any aid/water stations along the route?
Thanks
Luke
Patricia BlackburnSep 5 2018, 9:16amSorry Rose no Transfers and no refunds!

Yes luke there will be aid stations all along the route.
water, jellies and Assuming its the marathon your doing there will also be one drop off zone at the half way point.
Luke GreeneSep 5 2018, 9:24amThat's great Patricia, thanks for the reply
Deirdre O'RiordanSep 7 2018, 8:02pmis there a waiting list for the marathon?
Robbie WilliamsSep 10 2018, 2:07pmAfraid not Deirdre. Sorry
Rose LeithSep 10 2018, 6:30pmNo problem at all. Thanks Patricia
Mícheál O'RourkeSep 11 2018, 8:42pmwell guys won't be able to attend Saturday. I'm willing to give away my spot for free if thats aloud by the rules
Phil behanSep 11 2018, 9:09pmHi Michael, would gladly take it but I think no swaps or transfers are allowed from previous posts.
Mícheál O'RourkeSep 11 2018, 10:11pmThat’s a shame I’d hate to see it going to waste. I suppose rules are rules
Patricia BlackburnSep 12 2018, 9:38pmSorry guys no transfers..
Patricia BlackburnSep 12 2018, 9:42pmHi all,Hope you'r all set for Saturday.Just a few things to remember.Race Headquarters is in LISVERNANNE VILLAGE in the community centre.Reg for the ultra will be open at 6.30.The marathon will open at 8.30 and the half at 10.30.Parking is in the GAA field at the rear of the centre.There will be parking attendants on duty so please follow their direction.Ultra and marathon will start in the village the half will start at the IORN BRIDGE about half a mile away, so allow yourself enough time.You will get your T-shirt at regirstation.Your race number will be your voucher for your meal. There will be showers in the GAA dressing rooms beside the centre. Ultra and marathon :your numbers will be marked with a highlighter to distinguish events for the time keepers at the finish.
A long sleeve water proof jacket is the mandatory kit. We have 4 aid stations at 9k,12k,16k, and 21k(iron bridge).There will be an unmanned station at around the 5k mark also. The iron bridge is where the half starts and will also be the drop off zone.There are prizes for first/second and third in each event. The course is well marked with red and white tape and red arrows on white background.Please bring own bottle as it is refill only at the aid stations.Hope you all enjoy your trip to the Beautiful Glen of Aherlow ,safe running and may the fastest STAG,FOX & HARE win!!!
Denise RyanSep 12 2018, 9:51pmHi , I’m just wondering if it is too late to register for the half marathon ?
Patricia BlackburnSep 12 2018, 10:08pmHi Denise,
Unfortunately Yes you are too late,,keep an eye on the event page for next year around the same time. Reg is usually open for two weeks previous to the race.Its a small window but 200 is our limit so you need to get in early.
Safe running and hopefully we'll see you next year.
Brian FlannellySep 16 2018, 12:33pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian.flannelly at imra dot ie