Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glen of Aherlow Trail Half-Marathon

AuthorDateMessage
Brian FlannellyAug 17 2018, 8:02amEntries now open for this event - closing Saturday 1st September at 11pm - just login to MyIMRA and go to "PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS" tab
Brian FlannellyAug 23 2018, 10:16pmDue to logistics in preparing for this event, entries will now close earlier than previously advertised - on Friday 31st August at 5pm - just login to MyIMRA and go to "PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS" tab.
Conor O'FarrellAug 28 2018, 11:07am@Brian FYI, on the event page:
Race Entry Procedure
Entry to this race is by online registration only. It will not be possible to enter on the day. Online registration will close on Friday 31st of September at 5pm.

You might want to change that.
Con
Brian FlannellyAug 29 2018, 8:04amHi Con,
No need to change that, the event page is correct ... you may have missed my forum post last Thursday.
-Brian
Stuart ScottAug 29 2018, 9:53amMaybe that was Conor's subtle way of asking you to extend the entry past the 31st :-)
Conor O'FarrellAug 29 2018, 10:26amStuart, you can see right through me. ;-)

I was getting confused(not difficult, I know) with the September/August entry closures.
Karen DevenneyAug 29 2018, 3:24pmI've updated race details now to 31 Aug to avoid confusion!
henry barryAug 31 2018, 6:20pmHi. Missed deadline . Any chance of late entry . Thanks
laura mahonyAug 31 2018, 6:55pmI've missed deadline too, thought it was midnight tonight. So if there are any late entries i would be keen to know, thanks.
Graham CotterAug 31 2018, 7:02pmMe too unfortunately, would appreciate it if there was any chance of late entry. Thanks in advance
Barry DrennanAug 31 2018, 7:46pmHi there,
Just wondering if you have a GPX / garmin link of the route?
thanks
Baz
Barry DrennanAug 31 2018, 7:46pmHi there,
Just wondering if you have a GPX / garmin link of the route?
thanks
Baz
Brenda BreathnachSep 1 2018, 9:28amI managed to sign in with one minute to spare but a few more colleagues would have registered but didn't realise it was closing at 5 pm.
Robbie WilliamsSep 1 2018, 10:57amCongratulations to all those entered this year.
Due to a large number missing the entry time we will re open registration on Monday from 9am to 11pm
****There will however be no t-shirts available for these late reg runners as order has gone to supplier at this stage.
Gordon PlaceSep 3 2018, 9:09amHi Barry,

This was on the facebook page and should give you a gpx.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1777979948

Gordon
Francis KellySep 7 2018, 8:39pmI'd love to be added to a waiting for this event- glen of aherlow trail half marathon.
If possible
Aine KavanaghSep 10 2018, 10:44amHi, this will be my first IMRA event - is it suitable for beginners to mountain running? Any advice welcome. Thanks
James DoyleSep 10 2018, 1:41pmHi, I would like to be added to the half marathon if there's anyway possible does anyone know?
Robbie WilliamsSep 10 2018, 2:00pmIt is certainly suitable for beginners but it closed , unless you are registered already. It closed on the 31 Aug
Patricia BlackburnSep 11 2018, 9:52pmHi all,Hope you'r all set for Saturday.Just a few things to remember.Race Headquarters is in LISVERNANNE VILLAGE in the community centre.Reg for the ultra will be open at 6.30.The marathon will open at 8.30 and the half at 10.30.Parking is in the GAA field at the rear of the centre.There will be parking attendants on duty so please follow their direction.Ultra and marathon will start in the village the half will start at the IORN BRIDGE about half a mile away, so allow yourself enough time.You will get your T-shirt at regirstation.Your race number will be your voucher for your meal. There will be showers in the GAA dressing rooms beside the centre. Ultra and marathon :your numbers will be marked with a highlighter to distinguish events for the time keepers at the finish.
A long sleeve water proof jacket is the mandatory kit. We have 4 aid stations at 9k,12k,16k, and 21k(iron bridge).There will be an unmanned station at around the 5k mark also. The iron bridge is where the half starts and will also be the drop off zone.There are prizes for first/second and third in each event. The course is well marked with red and white tape and red arrows on white background.Please bring own bottle as it is refill only at the aid stations.Hope you all enjoy your trip to the Beautiful Glen of Aherlow ,safe running and may the fastest STAG,FOX & HARE win!!!
Patricia BlackburnSep 11 2018, 9:53pmHi all,Hope you'r all set for Saturday.Just a few things to remember.Race Headquarters is in LISVERNANNE VILLAGE in the community centre.Reg for the ultra will be open at 6.30.The marathon will open at 8.30 and the half at 10.30.Parking is in the GAA field at the rear of the centre.There will be parking attendants on duty so please follow their direction.Ultra and marathon will start in the village the half will start at the IORN BRIDGE about half a mile away, so allow yourself enough time.You will get your T-shirt at regirstation.Your race number will be your voucher for your meal. There will be showers in the GAA dressing rooms beside the centre. Ultra and marathon :your numbers will be marked with a highlighter to distinguish events for the time keepers at the finish.
A long sleeve water proof jacket is the mandatory kit. We have 4 aid stations at 9k,12k,16k, and 21k(iron bridge).There will be an unmanned station at around the 5k mark also. The iron bridge is where the half starts and will also be the drop off zone.There are prizes for first/second and third in each event. The course is well marked with red and white tape and red arrows on white background.Please bring own bottle as it is refill only at the aid stations.Hope you all enjoy your trip to the Beautiful Glen of Aherlow ,safe running and may the fastest STAG,FOX & HARE win!!!
Dan DalySep 12 2018, 2:28pmHi. I have registered for this half-marathon but I've picked up a nasty enough cold and I don't think I'll be fit for it. Is there a way I could transfer my registration to the Nagles half-marathon on 29th? Thanks.
Martin WatersSep 13 2018, 5:02pmI've entered the half marathon but wont make it after picking up an injury last weekend, I'm on the sidelines for 3 to 4 weeks. Any way of transferring the entry or getting tokens of some sort for another half marathon in the future. I'm very disappointed to miss this one.

Kind Regards,
Martin Waters
Michael CunneySep 13 2018, 8:49pmHi,, due to an injury I won't make it to the race on Saturday. I am very disappointed not to take part this year.I've really enjoyed it the before and I have no doubt it will be a great event. Best of luck to everyone and thanks to the organisers. I hope to see you next year.
Best regards,
Mick
catherine redmondSep 13 2018, 10:06pmHey, anyone travelling from cork city or surrounds for the half and fancy car pooling?
Marie O'SheaSep 13 2018, 10:42pmHi Michael,Martin and Dan it is a pity ye are unable to make the half marathon on Saturday but unfortunately there are no refunds or transfers available.
Elaine CollinsSep 13 2018, 11:10pmHi Catherine, I will be travelling from Waterfall, happy to pick you up en route as I will be passing by town! Elaine
catherine redmondSep 14 2018, 7:27amHi Elaine, that would be great, thank you, my number is 086 8843098 to arrange where and when, thanks again
Conor O'FarrellSep 15 2018, 8:30pmThanks everyone who made the race happen today. It really was a great event and well worth the trip.
brigid ryanSep 16 2018, 1:16pmThanks to everyone involved,great race and great course.loved the atmosphere and the food was great afterwards too. will defiantly be back next year.
Paul ClancySep 16 2018, 8:30pmI would just like to thank the girl(no name sorry) who stopped and strapped up my ankle after i twisted it on the downhill section at approx 9km and the lad with deepheat!, and also everone who asked if i was ok, what a great community the MMRA runners are, i managed to jog/walk/hobble to the finish. Not the time i wanted but who cares, i finished and will definitely be back next year, kudos to the organisers for a great event
Brian FlannellySep 17 2018, 7:56amResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian.flannelly at imra dot ie