Irish Mountain
Running Association

IMRA Winter Social

AuthorDateMessage
Tanya SheridanSep 22 2018, 10:42amThe IMRA End of Year Social and Prizegiving will be in Merrion Inn, Dublin 4 opposite Vincent's hospital and on the Dart line.

The social will start at 7.30 pm on November 3.

The ticket price -- reduced by a generous IMRA subsidy -- is 5 euro. That’s great value as it includes a full dinner. **Your ticket will also enter you into a draw for a number of spot prices which will include race vouchers for next year.**

That’s right – loads of fun and food and race vouchers to be won for just a fiver.

Tickets are available in the IMRA shop from now.

Please buy your tickets soon (the earlier we know the numbers, the easier it is to plan!) and come along to raise a glass to another fantastic IMRA season. We are hoping for a great turnout and atmosphere on the night.

Thank you to Laura for finding and coordinating with the venue.

Thanks,
The Committee
Richard MoriartyOct 1 2018, 5:16pmTanya,

I can't make the evening, but would like to donate a couple of cases of wine for spot prizes.....if this is ok, let me know how I can organise
Jim DurhamOct 1 2018, 8:51pmLooking forward to this. My flat running other half would like to come along. Can I, or how do I purchase a ticket for her? Happy to pay more as not a member. Thanks.
Tanya SheridanOct 10 2018, 5:48pmHi all,

A few updates on the social.

Many thanks to Richard for his generous additions to the spot prizes.

Good point Jim. We will add an option to the buy a second ticket for non-members to the shop. Those will be Eur 10.

The tickets will be available until **6 pm on 25 October** as we have to confirm food with the venue.

To be fair to members who buy a ticket (to make sure they have enough food!) and because of how much is available to be won on the night, we will have to be strict on admissions. It would break our hearts to have to turn someone away so please buy a ticket! :)

Thanks,
The Committee
Siobhán HayesOct 11 2018, 9:38pmHi there,
The option to buy a guest ticket for social is not coming up on my purchase page. :(
Jim DurhamOct 12 2018, 12:03pmTanya, thanks for that, but it's not appearing in the shop for me either.
regards, Jim.
Mick HanneyOct 12 2018, 12:36pmI see the option to buy, and I had previously bought one, so seems okay to me?
Stuart ScottOct 12 2018, 12:47pmMaybe the webmaster has implemented a strict vetting policy on guests? :-) I don't see the option either...
Kevin O'RiordanOct 12 2018, 12:48pmShould be fixed now.
Jim DurhamOct 12 2018, 1:11pmTanya, Ah, that's better (or the shopkeeper wasn't watching). We're both on board now. thanks.
Jim.
Laura FlynnOct 14 2018, 4:18pmThe following Leagues and Championships prizes will be awarded at the end of year social on the 3rd of November. If any prize-winners cannot be there on the night we would appreciate if they would either arrange for their prize to be collected for them or contact me directly at my Imra email address after the event:

Irish Championship
Male
1. Seamus Lynch
2. Colm Murtagh
3. Brian Furey
M40 Sean Quirke
M50 Tom Blackburn
M60 Michael O’Donoghue
M70 Patsy McCreanor

Female
1. Becky Quinn
2. Kate Meskell
3. Fiona Sheerin
F50 Eithne McShane

Connacht Championship
Male
1. Brian Mullins
2. Henry Browne
3. Colm Murtagh
M40 Sean Quirke
M50 Pete Grant
M60 Michael O’Donogue
M70 Patsy McCreanor

Female
1. Becky Quinn
2. Hilary Jenkinson
3. Maike Jurgens
F50 Eithne McShane

Irish Ultra Championship
Male
1. Adrian Hennessy
2. Barry Drennan
3. Graham Bushe
M40 Raymond Cummins

Female
1. Clare Kelley
2. Avril Challoner
3. Siobhan Hayes

Leinster Championship

Male
1. Bernard Fortune
2. Brian Furey
3. Pat Foley
M40 Gordön Place
M50 Gerard Maloney
M60 Joe Lalor
M70 Patsy McCreanor

Female
1. Becky Quinn
2. Orla McEvoy
3. Imogen McGuinness
F40 Connie Dottino

Leinster League

Male
1. Brian Furey
2. Barry Minnock
3. Neilus Healy
M40 Mikey Fry
M50 Graham Bushe
M60 Jim Durham
M70 Patsy McCreanor
Junior Male Luke Maher

Female
1. Becky Quinn
2. Aoife McCavana
3. Roisin Long
F40 Siobhan Lyons
F50 Dee Bohan
F60 Ger Power
F70 Caitlin Bent

Wicklow Round plaques will also be presented to Warren Swords, Brian Kitson, Karina Jonina, Paul Keville and Liam Vines.

If your name isn’t here and it should br or your your name is here and it shouldn’t be please let me know as soon as possible.

Congratulations to all winners and competitors
Paul SmythOct 14 2018, 8:34pmI don't see the NAV listed?

Also are there completion tops for Irish Champs? Leinster Champs? Etc.
Laura FlynnOct 14 2018, 9:53pmThanks for pointing that out Paul.

Nav Challenge
Male - Shane Lynch

Female - Roisin Mc Donnell
Also correction to Leinster League
3rd Male is Luke Maher ( see Competition rules in Constitution dealing with situation where 2 runners finish on same points)
Gordon PlaceOct 15 2018, 11:06amHi Tanya,

I went through the purchase process for one ticket plus one guest ticket, put in my card details and hit pay but got a Fatal Error message. I assumed it didn't go through as I haven't got confirmation email, but the tickets are actually showing up in 'My Purchase History'.

Would it be possible to check if it went through before I try purchasing again?

Thanks
Gordon
Gordon PlaceOct 15 2018, 11:09amActually Tanya, looks like it went through on my card so must be just the confirmation email that was the error.

Might happen to others purchasing tickets or race entry though
Kevin O'RiordanOct 16 2018, 11:12amHey Gordon, had a glitch which should be fixed now. You are on the list for the social as well as the guest ticket list.

Kevin.
Jean O'NeillOct 25 2018, 10:59pmI'm trying to buy a ticket for the winter social, but its not listed in items to purchase. Help!
Jean O'NeillOct 25 2018, 10:59pmI'm trying to buy a ticket for the winter social, but its not listed in items to purchase. Help!
Jean O'NeillOct 25 2018, 11:00pmI'm trying to buy a ticket for the winter social, but its not listed in items to purchase. Help!
Leo MahonOct 26 2018, 8:38pmI had a problem last night but successful tonight
Kevin O'RiordanOct 27 2018, 3:27pmTickets are available to purchase until midnight tonight
Jean O'NeillOct 27 2018, 7:04pmGuest tickets at 10 are available to purchase-I don't think I'm a guest, thought tickets were 5? Or will I just turn up? Or pay 10?
Jean O'NeillOct 27 2018, 7:07pmSorry! I found it! Done now!
John ShielsOct 30 2018, 12:15pmwhat is the story with turning up on the night seeing as I missed the deadline?
Thanks,
John
Paul KevilleNov 3 2018, 12:02pmApologies u won't be able to make it tonight. I'm down the country. I hope you all have a great night
Jean O'NeillNov 3 2018, 3:38pmI'm unable to come this evening. Does anyone want my ticket-or my food!
Jean O'NeillNov 3 2018, 3:39pmI'm unable to come this evening. Does anyone want my ticket-or my food!
Jean O'NeillNov 3 2018, 3:39pmI'm unable to come this evening. Does anyone want my ticket-or my food!
Tanya SheridanNov 4 2018, 12:54pmCongratulations again to all the prize-winners from the 2018 season who were recognised at the annual awards last night.

It was a great night so I wanted to thank Laura again for all the work she put into organising the venue and the prizes – and for compering like a pro. Thanks also to everyone who helped out on the night, including Angela, Fiona and Leo.

Also, special thanks again to Richard Moriarty for adding so generously to the spot prizes. Anyone who walked out with a very nice bottle of wine can thank him!
Alice ClancyNov 4 2018, 8:41pmA huge thank you to all those who organised yesterday’s social. It was such a lovely night!
Richard MoriartyNov 5 2018, 10:10amNo probs for the wine....Always glad to help.... Well done to all who won on the night and of course the organisers
Hilary JenkinsonNov 5 2018, 11:28amYes indeed a lovely night for the end of year social. Thank you to all who organized as I know it is a pretty full on day for the committee.