Irish Mountain
Running Association

Pete Power RIP

AuthorDateMessage
Paul MahonDec 29 2018, 9:53amSad news of the passing in recent days of Moire O Sullivan's husband Pete Power who many will remember from when he ran with IMRA in 2008 & 2009 when based in Dublin.
He will be sorely missed by his family and friends.
RIP Pete.

Funeral Arrangements:
The death has occurred of Pete Power of 44 Newtown Road, Rostrevor, Co. Down, BT34 3BZ and formerly of Monadiha, Rathgormack, Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Waterford.

Beloved husband of Moire, father to Aran and Cahal, and owner of Tom. Sadly missed by his loving parents, Robert and Bridget-Anne, brother Ken, sisters Yvonne, Tara and Mary, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews, extended family and friends. Rest in Peace.

Reposing at his home, Monadiha, on Sunday 30 December from 6pm to 8pm. Note that house is strictly private until 6pm on Sunday. Removal on morning of Monday 31 December to the Sacred Heart Church, Rathgormack. Funeral Mass on arrival at 11am, followed by private cremation.

Letters and photos with memories of Pete, addressed to his two sons, can be left in box at home and church.
Brendan LawlorDec 29 2018, 10:21amVery sad news and sincere condolences to Moire and her two boys and all Pete's family and friends

May he Rest in Peace
Niamh KellyDec 29 2018, 11:10amDevasting news my thoughts and prayers go out to his family may he rest in peace
Richard NunanDec 29 2018, 11:27amSincere condolences Moire.

Very sad for you, Aran, Cahal, all Pete's family and all who have spoken so highly of him over these days.

Such a huge loss to your world.

RIP Pete.
Gareth LittleDec 29 2018, 2:18pmTerribly sad news. I’m very sorry for your loss, Moire.

RIP Pete
Shane O'MalleyDec 29 2018, 3:04pmSo sorry to hear that news.

RIP Pete.
Brian FureyDec 30 2018, 10:30amVery sorry to hear. Condolences Moire.
Mary CollinsDec 31 2018, 12:42pmSincere sympathy Moire to you and your family. RIP Pete.
Very difficult time for you all.
John CondonJan 2 2019, 3:12pmSo sad to hear this. My deepest sympathies Moire, Aran and Cahal.
John MurrayJan 4 2019, 9:35amVery sad to read this. My sincere condolences to Moire and family and wish them strength during these emotional times. :(
Mick HanneyMar 22 2019, 10:29amPaul Mahon is doing The Race in Donegal this weekend in support of Pete's charitable concern. A very worthy cause for your attention. So while the rest of us are doing our comparatively 'short' races at the weekend Paul will be toughing it out over 250k with a 24hr limit.

There is a justgiving link if you can spare a few bob.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulmahontherace?fbclid=IwAR2pK0vHEQJIVUeur2Rb0I4JVaytbcTmtKWxKgkl6p_PEhKnHtqowOFX3Jo