Irish Mountain
Running Association

Maurice Mullins Ultra

AuthorDateMessage
Tom ReynoldsJan 2 2019, 11:49amhi when will entries open?
Mick HanneyJan 2 2019, 12:12pmGoing by last year entries will likely open early Feb.
Richard NunanJan 2 2019, 4:44pmEntries open on the 1st of Feb. Thanks
Michael MannionJan 2 2019, 5:27pmWhats the cost of entry for this race ?
Michael MannionJan 2 2019, 5:27pmWhats the cost of entry for this race ?
Conor O'FarrellJan 2 2019, 5:34pm20 euro will be the entry fee
Colin HalloranFeb 1 2019, 9:43pmI signed up for the half by mistake. Could I be swapped to the ultra please?
Thanks
Mick HanneyFeb 2 2019, 7:40am@Colin - ok - you might pop a reminder closer to the race. I daresay there will be other swaps between races anyway.
Colin HalloranFeb 2 2019, 11:24amThanks a million Mick,I was too eager!!
Denis MoynihanFeb 3 2019, 7:07pmHi.i made same mistake and signed up for half by mistake .any chance I could do the same and swap over to ultra please
Mick HanneyFeb 3 2019, 7:16pmOk Denis I'll add you to the switch list too.
Sandra PegmanFeb 7 2019, 8:44pmReally sorry I’m a right numpty & signed up for the Maurice Mullins Ultra instead of the half. Would you mind switching me over to the half please & thank you
Sandra PegmanFeb 7 2019, 8:45pmReally sorry I’m a right numpty & signed up for the Maurice Mullins Ultra instead of the half. Would you mind switching me over to the half please & thank you
Sandra PegmanFeb 7 2019, 8:45pmReally sorry I’m a right numpty & signed up for the Maurice Mullins Ultra instead of the half. Would you mind switching me over to the half please & thank you
Sandra PegmanFeb 7 2019, 8:46pmReally sorry I’m a right numpty & signed up for the Maurice Mullins Ultra instead of the half. Would you mind switching me over to the half please & thank you
Mick HanneyFeb 7 2019, 9:51pmSorry Sandra you just have to train for the ultra :-)
Andrew HanneyFeb 8 2019, 8:21amWell done Sandra!
Graham ColmerFeb 8 2019, 11:25amHi, I am going to recce the ultra route on Sat 16th Feb if anyone is interested in joining. Starting 7am from from Boranaraltry Lane (parking at the bridge) and heading to Ballinastoe and back.
Shane O'MalleyFeb 8 2019, 11:49amWould that be about 20K each way Graham. Cant make the 16th unfortunately but love to give it a go at some stage.
Graham ColmerFeb 10 2019, 1:09pmHi Shane, about 23k each way i think.
Rich CostelloeFeb 11 2019, 1:11pmHi Graham, I'd be interested to join the recce on Sat.
Graham ColmerFeb 12 2019, 4:56pmHi Rich,

If you email me at graham.colmer at gmail dot com we can arrange

Thanks
Colm AustinFeb 13 2019, 9:31pmCan you also add me to the list of people that entered Ultra by mistake and move me to the half please.
Mick HanneyFeb 13 2019, 9:53pmLads - its getting a bit silly. I make it 4 people so far that have mistakingly bought an ultra entry instead of a trail entry. The wording in the 'shop' is quite clear but there you go...
Mick HanneyFeb 14 2019, 8:19pmKeeping note of entry switchers.

Entered Half - switch to Ultra
1. Colin Halloran
2. Denis Moynihan

Entered Ultra - switch to Trail
1. Sandra Pegman
2. Colm Austin
Colm AustinFeb 14 2019, 8:26pmThanks Mick
Mick HanneyFeb 14 2019, 10:28pmKeeping note of entry switchers.

1. Colin Halloran
2. Denis Moynihan

1. Sandra Pegman
2. Colm Austin
3. Aisling Kirwan
John J BarryFeb 16 2019, 12:59pmHi,

Is there s cap on numbers this year. If yes, how are numbers going?
Richard NunanFeb 16 2019, 1:17pmHi John,

Entries close on the 1st of March.

If you are running i would advise you register as soon as you can.
Nicola BrownFeb 17 2019, 11:27pmGood evening,

Please could you advise me on downloading the route, I have attempted by selecting the "here" a few times and keep getting a error page! Also will the start be the same as the details for 2018? Thank you.
Nicola BrownFeb 17 2019, 11:28pmGood evening,

Please could you advise me on downloading the route, I have attempted by selecting the "here" a few times and keep getting a error page! Also will the start be the same as the details for 2018? Thank you.
Nicola BrownFeb 17 2019, 11:28pmGood evening,

Nicola BrownFeb 17 2019, 11:29pmGood evening,

Gordon PlaceFeb 18 2019, 7:47amHi Nicola, if you click on 'find route with trace de trail, scroll down to' gpx'and download. You need to log in or register with trace de trail
Richard NunanFeb 18 2019, 8:46amThe registration and start location will be at Johnny Foxes this year.
Simon KellyFeb 21 2019, 3:56pmHi,
Can you confirm when entries for this (Maurice Mullins Ultra) close please?
Just a bit confused as it say 1st March on the Race Page, but in the Purchase area it says 17th March?
Thanks,
Simon
Richard NunanFeb 21 2019, 4:09pmHi Simon,

Corrected on purchase page - March 1st @ 9:00am it closes

Thanks

Richard
Simon KellyFeb 21 2019, 5:40pmPerfect, thanks Richard.
Simon
Paul MilesFeb 22 2019, 11:09amHi Richard, this is my first race for the year. Do I pick up my number at the Johnnie Fox's registration?
Mick HanneyFeb 22 2019, 2:18pmKeeping note of entry switchers.

1. Colin Halloran
2. Denis Moynihan

1. Sandra Pegman
2. Colm Austin
3. Aisling Kirwan
4. Niamh O'Ceallaigh
5. Karl Maguire.
Richard NunanFeb 22 2019, 2:23pmHi Paul,

Pick up the race number on the day.

Thanks

Richard
lorraine Mc mahonFeb 22 2019, 2:42pmAre we guaranteed our mug as I didnt get one last year which was disappointing.

Lorraine
lorraine Mc mahonFeb 22 2019, 2:42pmAre we guaranteed our mug as I didnt get one last year which was disappointing.

Lorraine
Mick HanneyFeb 22 2019, 3:42pm@Lorraine - there will be a mug for all finishers.
Richard NunanFeb 22 2019, 3:44pmJust to note again: We are closing entries on the 1st of March.

No entries, Transfers etc.. after this time.

This means not be facilitating any changes - transfers - people to switch down to Trail etc (* apart from what Mick has highlighetd at this time *)

Good luck with the training - perfect weekend to get out on the recces !!
Mick HanneyFeb 25 2019, 11:17amThe finish line for the race will be at the Stars of Erin GAA club in Glencullen.

NO PARKING at the finish area. There is likely to be an underage match on at the time so parking there will be limited.
Laszlo BarkocziMar 1 2019, 9:57amHi Richard,
I have screwed up the timing and missed out by an hour the registration, didn`t realize it closes at 9am. Any chance you could let me in for the Ultra? Please?
Jason CollinsMar 1 2019, 7:16pmHi guys, I forgot too sign up for this race. Just tried their but I think it’s closed. Is their any way I can sign up??
Clarke BrowneMar 1 2019, 8:41pmHi Richard, I'm really disappointed that I can't seem to sign up for this ultra. I really want to enter too and heard at the last minute that it closed today but have been in work since 8am - I thought/ assumed entries close at midnight on the closing day but have just seen 9am...is there any way at all you could let me register until midnight tonight? Regards Clarke
Richard NunanMar 3 2019, 6:44pmJust to note again: I posted on 16th and 22nd of Feb that entries would close on the 1st of March.

(* Same rules apply to those who send Facebook friend requests to send messages to ask ask is there a chance of an entry as they missed had missed the March 1st Entry deadline *)
Conor O'KeeffeMar 4 2019, 8:25amHi Richard

Was really hoping to race this as well but stupidly didn't see your post.

Is there any way you could please extend the deadline by a few days since there's a few of us now :)
Richard NunanMar 4 2019, 8:49amHi Conor,

Unfortunately - Its full,its closed,its currently over capacity - but the normal ratio of drop outs, will bring it back to capacity as it has for the last 5-10 years.

Entries are closed -we wont be extending or arranging a waiting list.

Thanks
Richard
Derek MathersMar 4 2019, 10:46amHi Richard

Unfortunately due to injury & fitness level, I don't think I will be fit enough for the Ultra, would it be possible to move my entry to the half ???

Rgds Derek
Maria McDonaldMar 4 2019, 12:58pmHi I've registered for the half but really want to do the full is there anyway we could do a swap if someone is wanting to do half instead of ultra?
Derek MathersMar 4 2019, 6:47pmTom that would suit me as long as the race directors agree, I will be happy to swap..

Rgds Derek
Derek MathersMar 4 2019, 6:54pmMaria, I will be happy to swap....Richard can you help in any way???
Maria McDonaldMar 4 2019, 7:27pmThat would be brilliant Derek
Richard NunanMar 4 2019, 8:04pmHi Folks

Just to note again: I posted on 16th, 22nd of Feb and the 3rd of March that entries would close on the 1st of March.

This includes Swaps also ... sorry.
Maria McDonaldMar 4 2019, 8:37pmSorry now Richard but I seen on the half forum there is a waiting list for the half, is this not the same for the ultra? I thought there was no capacity on the ultra, I know the half had a capacity alright and it sold out..just a bit confused here
Maria McDonaldMar 4 2019, 8:38pmSorry now Richard but I seen on the half forum there is a waiting list for the half, is this not the same for the ultra? I thought there was no capacity on the ultra, I know the half had a capacity alright and it sold out..just a bit confused here
Mick HanneyMar 4 2019, 8:50pm@Maria, the ultra and the half are separate events with different logistics, but between both races we need to ensure we have a manageable no. of runners on the Wicklow way at the same time. This year the demand has been unprecedented and we are trying to manage that balance as well as we can.

From a half viewpoint I had to cap entries as there was a limited no. of bus seats to start with. Other logistics like mug orders etc come into play too. I have a waiting list there due to the demand as I would prefer to see seats not going to waste if anyone drops out.
Richard NunanMar 4 2019, 8:53pmHi Maria,

If you had scrolled up you could have read this post at 8:49am

Hi Conor,

Unfortunately - Its full,its closed,its currently over capacity - but the normal ratio of drop outs, will bring it back to capacity as it has for the last 5-10 years.

Entries are closed -we wont be extending or arranging a waiting list.

Thanks
Richard
Geoff SmythMar 4 2019, 10:33pmJust logged in to enter ultra and see entries are closed , last time I checked the info said March 17 ???
Geoff SmythMar 4 2019, 10:33pmJust logged in to enter ultra and see entries are closed , last time I checked the info said March 17 ???
Samuel FoxMar 4 2019, 10:37pmNo it was March 1st as stated numerous time on the forum
Derek MathersMar 5 2019, 10:43amRichard, can Marie and myself work the swap between ourselves..?? Just a thought
Richard NunanMar 5 2019, 1:39pmHi Derek,

Same thought as you had yesterday at 6:47. I am going to post my response again as we have done several times to Maria yesterday on Facebook and on the Forum. Unfortunately i should have included self-management swaps. See below.....

Hi Folks

Just to note again: I posted on 16th, 22nd of Feb, 3rd and 5th of of March that entries would close on the 1st of March.

This includes Swaps also

No self management of swaps allowed also ... sorry
Sarah BradyMar 6 2019, 11:48amWill there be an entrants list published nearer the time for nosy people? :)
Conor O'FarrellMar 6 2019, 11:52am@Sarah. Maybe we could start a new list of people who got an entry. :-)
Sarah BradyMar 6 2019, 12:55pm@Conor, haha, my question was likely to open a can of worms (insert monkey with hands over eyes emoji)
Keith MullenMar 7 2019, 11:12amHi,

I was wondering if there are aid stations during the ultra and where I can find details if so?

Thanks
Keith
Mick HanneyMar 7 2019, 11:14am@Keith - details of aid stations in event details tab for this race.
Laszlo BarkocziMar 8 2019, 9:46amHi guys, you didn`t change your mind about extra entries?
Mick HanneyMar 8 2019, 2:47pm@Laszlo - no change of mind.

Call for volunteers for ultra and half. With 2 weeks to go we will need more volunteers. The volunteer list for the ultra in particular is looking a bit slim. All help appreciated. Thanks.
Pól Ó MurchúMar 8 2019, 8:41pmVolunteered for Ultra. Happy to help out with registration and can head down to help with ref for the half or head to the halfway then with dropbags or help with start or whatever needed but not only available until about 12:30.
Richard NunanMar 8 2019, 8:57pmThanks Pol - will ping you to organise Role on the day
Keith MullenMar 11 2019, 12:09pm@Mick Hanney - thanks for the info. I'm wondering what is available at aid stations? Can I refill water bottles etc? Sorry for the basic question - first time racing.

Cheers
Keith
Richard NunanMar 11 2019, 2:00pmHi Keith,

The expectation is that you will be self-sufficent.

We do not have aid stations - but stations where you can get water and access to your drop bag.

Namely Ballinastoe, halfway and on the way back at Crone (32km)and at Curtlestown about 8km to go. (*1.5KM Climb and a sprint finish *)
Richard NunanMar 11 2019, 2:02pmHi Keith,

The expectation is that you will be self-sufficent.

We do not have aid stations - but stations where you can get water and access to your drop bag.

Namely Ballinastoe, halfway and on the way back at Crone (32km)and at Curtlestown about 8km to go. (*1.5KM Climb and a sprint finish *)
Remi DelilleMar 11 2019, 2:12pmHi All,
I’ve never run the trails of the Maurice Mullins Ultra so was wondering if
anybody had recommendations on shoe choice (namely, something suited for soft, muddy ground vs. something for more packed surfaces)?
Many thanks,
Remi
Mick HanneyMar 11 2019, 3:25pmHi
Terrain has a bit of everything but majority of it is fireroad. Some muddy, technical bits and boardwalk around Djouce. Most will wear inov8s I’d say.
Whatever you wore in Ballyhoura marathon should work for this event too.
Cheers Mick
Elio MacukaMar 11 2019, 5:55pmHy Mick, is possible to switch from trail to ultra?
Mick HanneyMar 11 2019, 6:20pm@Elio - no transfers in either direction I'm afraid.
Elio MacukaMar 11 2019, 8:19pmNo worries! Tnx on a fast reply
DAVID CAFFREYMar 13 2019, 11:01amHi , I have entered the ultra ,,im just wondering when i will get my race pack with number ,thanks
DAVID CAFFREYMar 13 2019, 11:01amHi , I have entered the ultra ,,im just wondering when i will get my race pack with number ,thanks
DAVID CAFFREYMar 13 2019, 11:02amHi , I have entered the ultra ,,im just wondering when i will get my race pack with number ,thanks
DAVID CAFFREYMar 13 2019, 11:02amHi , I have entered the ultra ,,im just wondering when i will get my race pack with number ,thanks
Lillian DeeganMar 13 2019, 11:08amHi ya Dave,
Great to hear you’ll be down for this one. You’ll get your bib No. from the lovely Reg. desk ppl once you sign-in on race morning.
Samuel FoxMar 13 2019, 11:12ambeat me to it. Dave, - this from a different forum thread earlier in the year
....when you sign-in to run, you will collect your new 2019 IMRA race number. This is yours for the entire year and it's up to you keep the same for the next event you wish to run with IMRA. Should a replacement be needed for whatever reason, it will cost you another 5 Euro. This additional charge can be paid for on-line or by punching a voucher card to receive a duplicate of your race number.

As its a new year, everyone automatically gets allocated a new race number in place of what they had from a previous year. Don't be rocking up to run with a bib No. from last year - you'll confuse the laptop database - simples!...
John MurrayMar 13 2019, 11:40amHi Lillian, my first race of the year was last month at the Sli Mhuscrai Ultra but they didn't have my new IMRA Bib No. at the reg. desk for some reason.

If possible could I get my Bib No. for 2019 at this race when I check in?

Thank you! :)
Lillian DeeganMar 13 2019, 12:03pmHey John,
Just checked the box here - #181 is being nicely pressed within. See you above on race morn :)
John MurrayMar 13 2019, 12:22pmExcellent...thanks Lillian. See you there!
Richard NunanMar 13 2019, 12:58pmHi Folks,

I just there isn't a race pack, but there will be 2 designated areas to put your drop bag.

We have race numbers - you will be given one on the morning if don't already have one from an IMRA race this year.

Thanks

Richard
Keith MullenMar 14 2019, 9:35amHi,

Are there any guidelines/requirements for the drop bags?

Thanks
Keith
Richard NunanMar 14 2019, 11:20amHi Keith,

No guidelines, but small bits of advice.

Make your bag identifiable to you. There will be 200 bags lined up around 100 meters down from the gate at the turn point. You must retrieve your own bag. SO try and make it easy. You need 2 (1 for the 25km half way 1 for Crone 32km) We will have a station at Curtlestown - i wouldn't rely on it.

Plan is to have volunteer + water available for refills at the gate.
Sarah BradyMar 14 2019, 11:43amOne more question!! Will there be water in Crone (or anywhere else) on the way out or should we carry enough to do us for the first 25k? Thanks. :)
Richard NunanMar 14 2019, 12:53pmGood question - i would carry water for the way out to do you until the 25km.

If this changes I will let you know, its a long day at Crone for the Volunteers, Plan was to be setup in Crone for 11:30.

Crone will have water on the way back.
Sarah BradyMar 14 2019, 2:43pmCool, good to know. Thanks, Richard.
Keith MullenMar 15 2019, 10:41amHi Richard,

Thanks for the additional information - really helpful.

Cheers
Keith
Deirdre O'RiordanMar 16 2019, 6:11pmI unfortunately have to pull out of the ultra due to an unforeseen health issue. Pretty gutted but hope someone can avail of my place?

thanks
Deirdre O'RiordanMar 16 2019, 6:11pmI unfortunately have to pull out of the ultra due to an unforeseen health issue. Pretty gutted but hope someone can avail of my place?

thanks
Robert CarneyMar 16 2019, 6:19pmHi Richard/Mick,

Just to make you aware there is a tree down and blocking the fire road on the MM route.
It is located at the point you enter into ballinastoe forest a few hundred metres after leaving the wicklow way heading downhill in the direction of the MTB centre.
Grid ref: O 172 078.

Apologies, I would have taken care of it only I left my saw in my other bag. :)
Mick HanneyMar 16 2019, 6:54pmA leaning tree will add to the fun :-)
Richard NunanMar 16 2019, 7:53pmThanks Rob - Will be on the course on Monday - will check it out.
Richard NunanMar 16 2019, 7:54pmThanks Rob - Will be on the course on Monday - will check it out.
Richard NunanMar 16 2019, 8:02pm****** Short Update*******************

This year we will be providing all runners with Wrist bands at Registration along with their race numbers.

MM ULTRA - Red
MM Ultra Early start - Purple
MM Trail - Green

This will help us with the finish where we have the same finish line for all runners and identify who is running in which race along the way.

Early start will be at 8:30am - Please do not take the early start if you think you will hit the half way before the front runners. So before 11:30-12:00.

Water will be available at Crone from 10:30am, so if you are an early start you should be self sufficient to 25km
Andrew HanneyMar 16 2019, 10:38pmThe tree has been leaning for a few weeks now, you can get around it without too much fuss. Miriam Maher took a photo of it today, I’ll ask her to put on the fb site.
Simon KellyMar 17 2019, 7:50pmHi,
I would like to start early with the 08:30 option. Unless something miraculous happens I will not be faster than 6 hours!
Do I need to do anything, or register my wish to start early anywhere or with anyone? Or do I just come early on the day and request at registration?
Apologies if I have missed any message that already explains this and has answered my question.
Thanks,
Simon
Mick HanneyMar 17 2019, 8:37pm@Simon - the checkpoint times are generous enough. Not sure you need an early start which is really aimed at people who would be 6.5 hours+. If you did the Sli Muschri ultra and were under 160% of the winner, on a mainly off-road course, you should be fine with normal start, in my opinion.
Simon KellyMar 18 2019, 8:21amThanks for getting back to me Mick.
I would like to go for the early start all the same. If I keep the same pace as the SGM it would bring me home in just over 8 hours...hopefully I will be quicker than that, but even 6.5 hours would be a very good time for me I think!
If you could let me know what I need to do in order to be in the early start please.
Thanks,
Simon
Richard NunanMar 18 2019, 9:18amHi Simon - If you are thinking of early start - you need to turn up at registration on the morning, and sign in between and 7:30am and 8:15am.

You will get your number and wrist band and start at 8:30 with the early start group.

See you on Saturday.
Simon KellyMar 18 2019, 1:51pmThanks Richard, I will make sure to be there in plenty of time.
Looking forward to the race.
Thanks,
Simon
Ann O ConnorMar 18 2019, 5:41pmI have an entry for the Ultra, but will not be able to take part in the event. If IMRA want to re-allocate my entry please do.
Ann O Connor
Ann O ConnorMar 18 2019, 5:41pmI have an entry for the Ultra, but will not be able to take part in the event. If IMRA want to re-allocate my entry please do.
Ann O Connor
Niall LagrueMar 19 2019, 6:52amI would like to start at the earlier time as I expect to be more than the 6 hours.
I will arrive at 7.30am to register for the early start. Please advise if there is anything I must do in order to register my early start intention.
Richard NunanMar 19 2019, 8:39amMorning Niall - as mentioned 4 posts up this forum

If you are thinking of early start - you need to turn up at registration on the morning, and sign in between and 7:30am and 8:15am.

You will get your number and wrist band and start at 8:30 with the early start group.

See you on Saturday.
Dillon McEvoyMar 19 2019, 11:00amHi Guys,

Excited for the race this weekend!

Just wondering:
1. Is the route clearly marked or should we download the GPS route map?
2. Is there any mandatory kit besides a waterproof jacket? What do you recommend running with?

Thanks,
Dillon
Niall LagrueMar 19 2019, 12:59pmThank you for the fast response Richard. Thats perfect.

Different topic - I have misplaced my bib Number - can I pay cash on the morning for a replacement (Number:878)?
Richard NunanMar 19 2019, 1:59pmHi Dillon,

Good to hear you are excited.

The route is marked by the wicklow way yellow men. Feel free to bring a map incase. There is only one place we feel people could go wrong. We will have a Marshall there @ Lough Tay.

Mandatory kit - waterproof Jacket at this stage. Weather watching in progress.

See you Saturday
Steve GriffinMar 20 2019, 9:47amI have to pull out of the Ultra due to injury, I presume I can't transfer to the half at this stage. I'd be happy to help out on the day if you're still looking for volunteers?
Mark KeoghMar 20 2019, 12:07pmUnfortunately I will not be able to make the Ultra this Saturday. Can my place be given to some one else instead. Apologies for the late notice
Philip PurcellMar 20 2019, 2:08pmWhat time is the ultra ( normal start) registration?
Niall LagrueMar 20 2019, 3:07pmI have misplaced my bib Number - can I pay cash on the morning for a replacement (Number:878)? Please advise.
Remi DelilleMar 20 2019, 3:17pmHi Richard, are you planning to post an entry list for the ultra?
Conor O'FarrellMar 20 2019, 3:24pmHi Niall

Generally, a bib is replaced with a punch from your race voucher. If you don't have one, maybe arrange to get a punch from someone else's on the day and pay them a fiver.

Con
Richard NunanMar 20 2019, 4:48pmHi Folks,

- Normal start registration is from 7:30 to 9:15am

- Misplace Bib number - you can pay cash on the morning

- Steve if you would like to volunteer on the day - we could use someone from 10:30 to 13:30 at Lough tay. Add yourself as a volunteer - If this works

- A list will be published on the morning of the race .
Rich CostelloeMar 20 2019, 8:25pmHi another small question - I was given a timing-chip last year, do we need to wear these also for this event? Thanks in advance for all the organisation!
Patricia McLoughlinMar 21 2019, 1:40pmHi Richard
I have not seen any comms for the volunteers yet. Sorry if I missed it but can you point me to that plan and times.
Thanks
Richard NunanMar 21 2019, 2:15pmVolunteers - Roles and Times have been sent to your email.

Thanks again to everyone who has Volunteered.
Brendan NevilleMar 21 2019, 5:33pmRichard didn't get an email on my volunteer role. Note I've just switched to a non-runner volunteer due to a late late injury but still plan to be at reg to help at 7 otherwise. Cheers, Brendan
Richard NunanMar 21 2019, 5:47pmBrendan - you have new mail :-) We have enough for volunteers now.

We have a great crew of volunteers that will ensure the safety and organisation of the race. Be nice to them please.

See you all bright and early Saturday your almost there, time to eat lots of good food!!
Patricia McLoughlinMar 22 2019, 12:00amRichard, I have no email with volunteer details. Fyi.
Richard NunanMar 22 2019, 8:59amPatricia can you email me - from your email address please. Mine is on the IMRA contacts page. All other volunteers received there email. I may have the wrong address for you. Apologies. .
Mick HanneyMar 22 2019, 11:22amNote on Finish. Finish is in the Stars of Erin GAA. There are kids matches on in the morning and another match in the afternoon. Added to that there is some building working going on with astroturf pitches. So parking here is limited for the volunteers helping at finish, no parking for general supporters here please.
Alan WynneMar 22 2019, 2:02pmDue to injury I’m sad to say i won’t be able to run the ultra. Really sorry about the late message. Hope you can fill my place, sorry again
Seán DuffyMar 22 2019, 2:26pmMy apologies for the late update. I'm afraid that I will not be able to take part in the Ultra tomorrow. I've had a recent bout of flu and was hoping I'd be fit enough, unfortunately not. Hoping that you can offer out my place.
Eoghan HughesMar 22 2019, 4:17pmApologies for the late notice too.

I am also injured and won't be running tomorrow if you have anyone looking for a last minute spot.

I hope everyone has a great day and I hope to run it next year.
Richard NunanMar 22 2019, 4:23pmIf you forget your number tomorrow we will be asking you to make a 5 euro donation to Self Africa.

Its an organisation that Moire O Sullivan's late husband Pete Power worked with for many years. Pete ran with IMRA in 2008 & 2009 when based in Dublin. So Mick and I felt it was appropriate

https://selfhelpafrica.org/us/
Laszlo BarkocziMar 22 2019, 6:39pmHi guys! I see, in the last 4 days 6 people pulled out of the Ultra! Can I come?
Laszlo BarkocziMar 22 2019, 6:39pmHi guys! I see, in the last 4 days 6 people pulled out of the Ultra! Can I come?
Richard NunanMar 22 2019, 7:20pmUnfortunately - Its full,its closed please don't arrive to the start.

See you next year.
Rory LeadbetterMar 22 2019, 10:22pmApologies for late withdrawal.
Absolutely gutted to be missing it tomorrow.
697 will not take part :-(
Joe LalorMar 23 2019, 6:30pmHave bag with black top (with name Mullen 1609) that some how got seperated from returned drop bags. Also pair of black rubber gloves.
Mick HanneyMar 23 2019, 6:40pmPodium photos added of the winners.
Well done all.
Shane O'MalleyMar 23 2019, 6:53pmThanks for a great race today. Its when you don't notice the organisation that you know it is planned perfectly.
Weather was a bonus but for my first ultra I could not have asked for more.
Richard NunanMar 23 2019, 7:35pmA huge well done to everyone who completed the Ultra today - Just finished processing results for the Ultra - super running today - Thanks for keeping us on our toes as the course records were smashed

Ladies :

1. Nicola Duncan 4:27:20 (Prev Record 5:10:42)
2. Kelly-Ann Speight 4:43:58
3. Angela Speight 4:43:58

Mens :

1. Eóin Lennon 3:52:00 (Prev Record 4:01:10)
2. Martin Lynch 3:52:29
3. Brian Mc Flynn 4:06:15

And of course the Ultra crew, thanks again to all my Volunteers, Jarlath, Brendan,Pól Ó Murchú Ange, Lillian, Paolo, Caroline, Karen, Patricia, Stephen, and last of all Ignasi AKA Nacho (last person in was 5:07)

Results will be online shortly

Rich
Keith MullenMar 23 2019, 8:50pmThanks @Joe Lalor, that would be my bag, my email is keithnmullen@gmail.com if you want to send me details and I’ll come collect.

Thanks to all involved for a fantastic day out! Great event.
Colin HalloranMar 23 2019, 9:53pmFantastic race,great weather thanks for a great day lads
paddy CorriganMar 23 2019, 10:24pmThanks for a great day
As this was my first ultra it was such a
Great help to have such great volunteers
I've just one question there wasn't enough mugs and as it's my first I'd like a momento of the event
Thanks again
Richard NunanMar 23 2019, 10:35pmResults are up - enjoy !
Richard NunanMar 23 2019, 10:37pmResults are up - enjoy !
Larry O'BrienMar 23 2019, 11:02pmThanks for a great race today. My name doesn’t show on the results. IMRA number 10.
Thanks
Thomas LawlerMar 23 2019, 11:29pmHi guys great race today and we’ll done everyone involved just a note to say my race number is not on results sheet race no 1541 cheers
John NevilleMar 24 2019, 6:52amHi Guys, thanks for all the effort in organizing such a great event, fantastic day. My name is missing from the results also. My number is 1629
Richard NunanMar 24 2019, 7:37amHi Folks,

Hope the legs are ok today :-)

We were short 8 mugs - we plan to send these out via post in the next 6 weeks. Bear with us.

Those few missing results - we will do another upload tonight.
Conor O'FarrellMar 24 2019, 7:59amResults are now up. If you have an queries, email me at conor<dot>ofarrell<at>imra<dot>ie. Please provide your number and approximate time so that we can locate you on the finisher sheets.
John MurrayMar 24 2019, 10:04am@Conor - I see a LOT of early starters who must of mistakenly taken a RED armband at registration so their times may need to be adjusted +1hr! :) I'm sure they'll own up once they realise they haven't PB'd the course by an hour! lol

Thanks to Richard, Mick, Lillian and the volunteers for a fantastic day in the hills yesterday and super organisation considering the large field of runners in all starts.
David DunneMar 24 2019, 10:28amFantastic event folks kudos to all involved, superb weather topped it all off. Thanks guys
Conor O'FarrellMar 24 2019, 10:59am@John, thanks for flagging this. Hopefully people,will be in touch. Keeping in mind that not everybody reads the forum, could people spread the word on this? Thanks.

I’m working on a few amendments to the results for both races, so bare with me.
Lar HeffernanMar 24 2019, 1:19pmA big thanks to Richard and all at IMRA for a really well organised race today.
Enjoyed it from start to finish (I think)
Congratulations everyone who took part
Miriam MaherMar 24 2019, 7:36pmRichard, Mick (posting here 'cos I did the ultra, but the message is for you both) thanks so much for the gargantuan efforts put in beforehand and all day yesterday to bring about these events. For the entertaining responses on the forum to the many queries over the past few weeks, to the attention to all the many unseen logistics that we can only guess at. All IMRA events rely on volunteers to be carried off, but this event might be at the top of the pile when it comes to planning and execution. Thanks also to your merry band of friendly volunteers who make the day in many small but super ways. And then there's the mug ! Thanks Hilary!
Eilis ConneryMar 24 2019, 7:38pmThank you Richard, Mick and all the volunteers for the hard work and time that went into yesterday...a savage race
Conor O'FarrellMar 24 2019, 10:32pmHi All

I have verified all results and made changes where necessary, for all those who have been in contact. Due to the nature of the race (early, ultra and half)I've had a lot of emails on this.

So if you have not heard back from me, or your result has not been amended, please let me know.

Con
Alistair HodgettMar 25 2019, 7:46amA big thank you to all who gave generously of their time to volunteer and make the race possible and so enjoyable. The words of encouragement along the way at Ballinastoe, Crone and Curtlestown were much appreciated.
Aidan BuckleyMar 25 2019, 10:52amJust wanted to say a huge thank you to Richard, Mick and all the volunteers for the race on Saturday. A really enjoyable race and brilliantly organized from start to finish, thank you all
Kevin CullinanMar 25 2019, 1:55pmHi Conor,
Would you mind updating Ultra finish position 33 (945: Simon Sorensen) as this is a typo.
That was myself: 495: Kevin Cullinan.

Thanks and thanks again for a well organised event,
Kev
Owen FentonMar 25 2019, 5:05pmHi Conor,
Typo also for me:
My number 1384 M40 was reported as 1584 (M60 - removed now).
My time:4:48:58
Perfect thanks. It was a great event. Legs sore today.
Owen Fenton
Owen FentonMar 25 2019, 5:06pmHi Conor,
Typo also for me:
My number 1384 M40 was reported as 1584 (M60 - removed now).
My time:4:48:58
Perfect thanks. It was a great event. Legs sore today.
Owen Fenton
Mike HayesMar 25 2019, 7:17pmHi, I was number 55 for the ultra and ran with Tom Fox number 19 and finished just ahead of him but I don’t appear on the placing list, he finished 129th can you fix this please.
Kazimierz PawelczakApr 14 2019, 11:48amhi, when the results from the MMU will be visible on the ITRA website?
Richard NunanApr 14 2019, 2:30pmResults for Sli and MMU both now on ITRA site.
Ben WhiteApr 28 2019, 11:21pmHi guys,any sign of mugs for the slower folk on the day who haven't yet received them.
Tricia FlynnMay 14 2019, 5:43pmDid the ultra and wondering when the mugs will be sent out please?