Irish Mountain
Running Association

Slí Mhúscraí Gaeltacht HALF

AuthorDateMessage
Robbie WilliamsJan 7 2019, 3:39pmThis race is now open.

Sli Mhuscrai Gaeltacht HALF is now open for entry.
100 places.

Make sure you are a 2019 IMRA member before trying to purchase.

Race fee is €35
Includes: Bus transfer to start, Marked course, race mug, soup & sandwiches at finish.
Hot showers also available.

Prizes: Men 1,2,3 & Ladies 1,2,3
Robbie WilliamsJan 9 2019, 3:30pmGreat to see this event half full after 24hours!!

50 spots left.
Let’s hope the weather is better this year!

Reminder: Recce of half is on sat 26th as per posting if you want to run it before hand.
Robbie WilliamsJan 14 2019, 8:04pmHalf marathon entries.. 21 places left.
Robbie WilliamsJan 20 2019, 8:09pmThanks to all who entered this race.

After weeks open we have reached capacity.
Ps: there is no waiting list or extra places.

Claragh will open for reg soon.

Check out Recce thread if interested in looking at course next sat 26th

Thanks
Robbie WilliamsJan 26 2019, 2:57pmNote for those who entered this event.

Hi all,

Firstly, after another recce today, I would strongly advise wearing an XTalon shoe or similar, as there are some sections where there is “serious mud”.

Secondly, the distance is 23.5km. This is for 2 reasons; access to fields is difficult from roads to make it 21km and with a route that we had reviewed to run onto the Sli through fireroads, you are missing a lot of the “cute” field paths that have been made by the Sli workers.

Thirdly; after approx 5km some of the signs read “North West Cork Trail”, this is one which you will follow. So Sli Gaeltacht, Beara Breifne Way, North West Cork Trail are all bring you to Millstreet, just depends on what the trail is called in each area (confusing I know). The Duhallow Way jumps in and out at times but where there is a choice between it and one of the previous 3, use one of the 3.

That’s It....

See you race day, I will post here if there are any other updates or changes. It’s definately a tough trail, take some sustenance with you, sweets etc and if you have a day like we had on recce day you would be glad you brought a decent jacket , and not a bare-minimum job!! Wind can be strong so today hat & gloves were quite valuable also.
Robbie WilliamsJan 26 2019, 4:48pmPs: please read updated information on event page
Robbie WilliamsFeb 6 2019, 3:21pmYou should have all received or will very soon, an email with information for race day this Saturday

Hope you have a stress free build up to the first half Marathon adventure of the series...

See you all Saturday
Iain O'CallaghanFeb 8 2019, 9:51amWith the weather last night it looks like tomorrow could be a muddy one. Does anyone know what condition the course is in? Are waterproof trail runners going to be any use? Or will we have sections with mud/water deeper than our ankles?
Waterproofing is no good when the water gets above your ankles, then it just keeps the water in!
Kevin GilleeceFeb 8 2019, 11:18amIs the Half still taking entries?
Kieran CollinsFeb 8 2019, 1:31pmIan...it mentions above when they did the recce of some "serious mud"....lets assume that is still the case :)

Can we substitute a lifejacket for the rainjacket?
Robbie WilliamsFeb 8 2019, 3:08pmIt is very muddy.
Waterproof runners are a joke, just regular with grip I’d say.

Definitely not road shoes.

No entries, races are both full
Iain O'CallaghanFeb 9 2019, 5:47pmThanks to all the organisers and volunteers today. Great fun from start to finish. The soup at the end hit the spot too.
Tanya SheridanFeb 10 2019, 9:17amThanks to all the organisers and volunteers for a fantastic race yesterday. Tough but fun and a beautiful course. I am having my tea from a MMRA Half Series mug that has the profiles of the next 5 races … looking forward already! :)
David BarryFeb 10 2019, 10:29amIf anyone found a wedding band at race HQ yesterday in Millstreet please let the race director know.
Pádraig DoyleFeb 10 2019, 5:10pmA beautiful day out on the hills yesterday. Thanks to all the volunteers; it was well put together.

We've a lot of peaks and pain left on that mug. Maybe... if I can just colour them in green myself, that might be easier... Hmm.
Katherine ReddanFeb 11 2019, 11:22amHi All,

Thanks for a lovely day out on the hills in Cork. Great organisation. Lovely friendly crowd.

I only got lost the once due to not keeping an eye out for the yellow man.

The tea and sangers were great at the end.

Kat
Brian CoughlanFeb 14 2019, 11:50amI really enjoyed the challenge of my first IMRA race. Thanks to all the organisers, the event ran very smoothly. The hot showers and soup at the end was very welcome!